PDA

View Full Version : Has Obama kept his promises?

tony
01-19-2010, 07:38 AM
500 of them, there is a site that tracks every single one. Here are the results so far.

bu villain
01-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Interesting chart but of course not all promises are equal. It would be interesting to compare it to past presidents as well.

BanginJimmy
01-19-2010, 05:09 PM
Lets take a look at what he has done in real terms.

Notable Promises kept.

Send 2 brigades to Asscrackistan.
VA budget is now Must Pass legislation
Make military aid to Pakistan results based
Extend unemployment and suspend taxes on them

I lost count at about 25 more govt agencies and positions.
I didnt bother trying to count all of the govt expansion programs. I did count 6 just on page 1.
There are also quite a few BS promises kept on there, such as getting his daughters a puppy.

Now look at the promises he broke. You will notice that nearly all of them were his major campaigning points.

CSPAN was barred from healthcare debates and negotiations.
Ending Income taxes for seniors making less than 50k
End no-bid contracts over 25k
Allow 5 days for public comment before signing bills.
Tougher rules for lobbists.
reduce earmarks to 1994 levels.

As you can see, while be has made and kept a lot of promises, the weight of those promises arent equal.

preferredduck
01-22-2010, 12:38 AM
i think he has broken just about every campaign promise he made so far, escept spending more money on useless BS!!!!

mm2654
01-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Has anyone actually looked at the list, one promise on the list that he kept was to get his daughters a dog and another was to give a speech at a major islamic forum in the first 100 days. While not everything on the list was that insignificant, this website is a joke and should not be taken seriously.

Got Milk?
01-22-2010, 10:47 PM
No, but what president did?

tony
01-23-2010, 08:15 AM
Has anyone actually looked at the list, one promise on the list that he kept was to get his daughters a dog and another was to give a speech at a major islamic forum in the first 100 days. While not everything on the list was that insignificant, this website is a joke and should not be taken seriously.

Wow a website takes tally of ALL campaign promises big and small and you want to discredit them as a source? lol What you posted is really stretching it by the way, out of 500 campaign promises not every one is going to be significant.

SUBY_RUE
01-23-2010, 08:52 AM
No, but what president did?

True...

The thing that scares me most about obama is that, he's sneaky. He is not trust worthy. The same for most presidents, but this guy more than the rest. :ninja:

BanginJimmy
01-23-2010, 10:17 AM
, out of 500 campaign promises not every one is going to be significant.

But those significant ones all fall into the stalled or broken catagories while it seems that the insignificant ones were pretty much acted upon.

tony
01-23-2010, 10:24 AM
But those significant ones all fall into the stalled or broken catagories while it seems that the insignificant ones were pretty much acted upon.

All I'm saying is don't discredit the source for insignificant promises from a politician.

BanginJimmy
01-23-2010, 10:50 PM
All I'm saying is don't discredit the source for insignificant promises from a politician.

I agree with you that a promise is a promise, I only pointed out that most of the promises kept are rather insignificant while most of those that were broken were the cornerstones of his entire campaign.

tony
01-24-2010, 08:02 AM
I agree with you that a promise is a promise, I only pointed out that most of the promises kept are rather insignificant while most of those that were broken were the cornerstones of his entire campaign.

Can't even begin to argue with that

mm2654
01-24-2010, 08:21 AM
Wow a website takes tally of ALL campaign promises big and small and you want to discredit them as a source? lol What you posted is really stretching it by the way, out of 500 campaign promises not every one is going to be significant.

I guess I should have been more specific, what wanted to say was that the "Obameter" is a joke. I will admit that I have not looked at the rest of the site and therefore would not try to make a general assessment of the reliability of the site as a whole. However, in their attempt to quantify the effectiveness of the President, I believe they have overstated the effectiveness of the President by including things that were insignificant or completely irrelevant to the job.