PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Where to look for older hondas?

Slomaro Z28
01-18-2010, 12:38 PM
I am looking for a 3rd gen Prelude or Accord (w/ the pop up headlights). I have looked on autotrader (up to 500 mile radius) and craigslist (only ATL), and here. Gonna keep searching CL, but you guys know anywhere else to look? It must have a straight body, very good interior, be in running condition and a 5 speed (in case someone knows where one is at)

Here are some pics, in case someone doesn't know what I am talking about:screwy:

http://pdftown.com/image/2593-honda-Prelude-91.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/Southernbabe0906/honda-accord-027.jpg

Glides
01-18-2010, 02:43 PM
I find most of the Hondas of that era in the Junkyard.

Not because they are bad cars by any stretch, but because people who own them don't care what they have for the most part and just trash em and junk em. Too bad too.

Slomaro Z28
01-18-2010, 03:27 PM
I find most of the Hondas of that era in the Junkyard.

Not because they are bad cars by any stretch, but because people who own them don't care what they have for the most part and just trash em and junk em. Too bad too.

Figures. I had a 89 accord LX-i as a first car and it was great, given to me for a dollar too. I'd like to find another one, but would settle for a prelude, civic, or integra around that time frame also.

teh_mugen18
01-18-2010, 03:51 PM
I am looking for a 3rd gen Prelude or Accord (w/ the pop up headlights). I have looked on autotrader (up to 500 mile radius) and craigslist (only ATL), and here. Gonna keep searching CL, but you guys know anywhere else to look? It must have a straight body, very good interior, be in running condition and a 5 speed (in case someone knows where one is at)

Here are some pics, in case someone doesn't know what I am talking about:screwy:

http://pdftown.com/image/2593-honda-Prelude-91.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/Southernbabe0906/honda-accord-027.jpg

If i were you, id be really careful with buying cars off of craigslist, too many close calls and bad situations resulted came from friends of mine buying cars off of craigslist... or at least, make sure once you get the car that its carefully and closely guarded. justt my :2cents: lol

Slomaro Z28
01-18-2010, 03:59 PM
If i were you, id be really careful with buying cars off of craigslist, too many close calls and bad situations resulted came from friends of mine buying cars off of craigslist... or at least, make sure once you get the car that its carefully and closely guarded. justt my :2cents: lol

I got ya, thanks.

driftyboy
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM

Not sure what you mean by close calls or bad situations, but I've bought my last 7 cars from Craigslist and have had 0 problems. You get what you pay for in most cases, and I have a little common sense and mechanical knowledge to know what I'm buying.

teh_mugen18
01-18-2010, 05:21 PM
Not sure what you mean by close calls or bad situations, but I've bought my last 7 cars from Craigslist and have had 0 problems. You get what you pay for in most cases, and I have a little common sense and mechanical knowledge to know what I'm buying.

I say close calls in the sense that, because the cars sometimes sit on CL for so long that just about everyone and their mother already knows whats in the car (if its already built), and has been advertised to thieves as well. For example, one of my friends bought a DA integra that had been on CL for a long time, and everyone knew what was in it. When we pulled into the varsity meet once, as soon as we got out, a whole crowd of people walked over to it and said "ohh so You were the one who bought this? it has blahblahblah under the hood! That guy tried to trade me for it!". imo, thats kinda freaky, because if they know, then most likely thieves do as well.

And, another friend of mine just recently bought a 1999 civic Si off CL, and it had been sitting on there for a while, and had a Spoon Sports header, B20 swap, DC sports short shifter, blahblah, tons of goodies... and it was stolen last week. Now, i know that no one would take this car for its looks, because it was a NASTY looking car...no offense if he reads this..but, it had to be someone who already knew what they were looking at due to it having sat on CL for so long previously.. Could be just a coincidence, but it seems to be a common theme with craigslist and stolen cars especially after looking through the Stolen Cars section on here a few times.. :no:

Slomaro Z28
01-18-2010, 05:37 PM
It's not just CL, you gotta be careful meeting up with complete strangers anywhere......even on here. But I know what you're saying.

Back on the dead topic.

jdm_dc2
01-20-2010, 10:00 AM
just check CL..thats where most of all older cars are found..not only in ATL, but if you willing to drive the distance..check SC and NC..that i will suggest...but its up to you if you want to drive the distance for it.

AnthonyF
01-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Junk yards.

-Ant.