PDA

View Full Version : If only it was sold in the States...

5speed
01-17-2010, 07:07 PM
In 2005 Chevy entered one of three FIA WTCC. Here is the Chevrolet Cruze WTCC developed by Ray Mallock Ltd. of the UK who specializes in Rally, Touring, and GT cars.

RML ran the Lacetti in the WTCC from 2005 - 2008. From 2009, the Lacettis were then run by RML in the BTCC with Jason Plato and Mat Jackson driving. The cars also made appearances in the Dutch DTC. In the WTCC, the Lacetti won at every single street circuit it was entered.

From 2009, RML ran the new Chevy Cruze in the WTCC.-Thanks EJ25RUN

VooDooXII
01-17-2010, 07:15 PM
The Cruze will be here soon enough.

If only TVRs were sold here...my life would be complete.

LaoboiLB
01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
it like the G35 sedan

Genji-Sama
01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
DO NOT WANT!!!

BAD SS
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
More info?

5speed
01-17-2010, 07:48 PM

That would be very nice.

More info?
Havent found much info yet. I think it is still in development to race.

Stock: 2.0 4 cylinder DOHC 150hp/240tq
5 speed MT
RWD

Could make for a fun Track car and DD

VooDooXII
01-17-2010, 08:02 PM
it like the G35 sedan

I see it but that's interesting since it's in a totally different league. This is a Cobalt replacement.

I'm quite surprised that it's rear wheel drive! I only just learned that.

5speed
01-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I see it but that's interesting since it's in a totally different league. This is a Cobalt replacement.

I'm quite surprised that it's rear wheel drive! I only just learned that.
Yeah, I have never seen this car until today. It has everything for a good modern day budget tuner.

Mantooth
01-18-2010, 03:22 AM

If only TVRs were sold here...my life would be complete.Yeah, but they would be 1/2 the car with all of the BS safety regulations that the US has. I would definitely buy one if they were sold here, no doubt!

bdydrpdmazda
01-18-2010, 03:27 AM
i dig it...

Elbow
01-18-2010, 06:38 AM
DO NOT WANT!!!

DO NOT WANT INTEGRA IN SIG.

dorin48
01-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Here ya go.

To say that Chevrolet’s Cruze has been a long time coming is certainly an understatement. Unveiled in world market form over a year ago, the North American model finally made its debut today at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
The new Cruze is powered by a 1.4-liter turbocharged Ecotec four-cylinder and a 1.8-liter four-cylinder with a choice of six-speed automatic or manual transmissions. The turbocharged engine puts out 138 horsepower and 148 lb-ft. of torque and should be capable of up to 40 mpg on the highway, GM says. The 1.8-liter puts out 136 horsepower and 123 lb-ft. of torque.
The Cruze will be offered in three trim levels, LS, LT and LTZ, the latter two of which will come standard with the turbo motor.
Safety will be a priority in the new Cruze, GM says. Ten airbags will come as standard, including the rear seat side airbags and knee airbags. Stability control and ABS will be standard across the lineup, although rear disc brakes remain an option. The Cruze will come standard with 16-inch wheels, although 17 and 18 inchers will also be available.
Outside, the Cruze takes styling cues from the new Malibu, and promises to be a much sharper car than the current Cobalt. Chief designer Taewan Kim says that the new Cruze’s design is meant to be “bold, not evolutionary. We wanted to take a big step forward, making a strong design statement for Chevrolet products around the world.”
The car hit the European market in March, but U.S. production at the Lordstown, Ohio, plant, where the Cobalt is currently made will begin in June 2010.
Although there is widespread speculation that the Cruze will eventually replace the Cobalt, it still remains possible that both cars could coexist within GM’s lineup. In fact, Chevrolet’s North American head, Ed Peper, says the Cruze is actually intended to create a new segment that slots above the Cobalt but below the Malibu. Seeing the car in person confirms the Cruze could fill that hole in Chevy’s lineup as it is actually bigger than it looks in pictures.
Based on what was once called the Delta 2 platform, the all-new Cruze rides on GM’s Global Compact Vehicle Architecture. The primary engineering and development will come from GMDAT — General Motor’s Korean partner (although there has been strong input from the North American and European planning groups).

http://photos.leftlanenews.com/photos/imageresizeronfly/phpThumb.php?src=/photos/content/september2009/cruze-off-3.jpg&w=900

EJ25RUN
01-18-2010, 08:35 AM
In Europe, you can buy club race versions of it.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/01/cruzecupweb.jpg

Elbow
01-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Please stop giving me reasons to so deeply want to move. :(

EJ25RUN
01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
Correction: The 2009 Championship season ended with a win at the grand finale in Macau, China with 5 other wins. (Chevy Lacetti was used, the Cruze replaced it for the new season.)

I read this and found it worded weird.

Should say, RML ran the Lacetti in the WTCC from 2005 - 2008. From 2009, the Lacettis were then run by RML in the BTCC with Jason Plato and Mat Jackson driving. The cars also made appearances in the Dutch DTC. In the WTCC, the Lacetti won at every single street circuit it was entered.

From 2009, RML ran the new Chevy Cruze in the WTCC.

SiR EG2
01-18-2010, 09:21 AM
the rear looks like a fuckiin 8th gen CTR in the rear

NJSC
01-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Even still it looks way to heavy to only have 150hp, just saying. I wonder what it does weigh.

Glides
01-18-2010, 10:20 AM
If only EVERY Car Company brought the cool shit to America, they probably wouldn't be in the same shape they are now. But it's known all over the world that Americans are fat, lazy, stupid and wouldn't know a good car if it ran over them. Just watch Top Gear.

EJ25RUN
01-18-2010, 01:47 PM

To Honda people, a greyhound bus looks like a CRV.

5speed
01-18-2010, 02:03 PM
I read this and found it worded weird.

Should say, RML ran the Lacetti in the WTCC from 2005 - 2008. From 2009, the Lacettis were then run by RML in the BTCC with Jason Plato and Mat Jackson driving. The cars also made appearances in the Dutch DTC. In the WTCC, the Lacetti won at every single street circuit it was entered.

From 2009, RML ran the new Chevy Cruze in the WTCC.
I was gonna fix it but I kept losing internet connection and when it worked it wouldnt load IA

msanch24
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM

truth. ill move to the UK if thats what it takes to get my sagaris one day.

5speed
01-18-2010, 02:08 PM

Even still it looks way to heavy to only have 150hp, just saying. I wonder what it does weigh.
I doubt it is too much. My fiances Spectra EX 4dr only has 138hp and is the same size. It has enough pick up and go for its class, and would make a good tuner if it was RWD like the Cruze.

jdm-civic
01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
it looks like a new civic type-r mixes with a cobalt

5speed
01-18-2010, 02:26 PM
The rear reminds me of a Subie and the headlights similar to G35, and the rest is like tha Malibu. I dont see Civic Type R at all though.

VooDooXII
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah, but they would be 1/2 the car with all of the BS safety regulations that the US has. I would definitely buy one if they were sold here, no doubt!

I had a dream that I found a loophole...I shipped the car here with no wheels on it and basically called it a kit car.

If only it were that simple!