PDA

View Full Version : probe gt boost leak

jdm-civic
01-17-2010, 06:40 PM
ok i had a question, first off im whipping a 92 ford probe gt with manual boost controller and turboxs blow off valve and thats all and somtimes while driving it will only boost to a max of like 8 psi when the mbc is set to 14. now its only occasionally and i checked all lines, hoses and connections and there arent any leaks that i can see, feel, or hear. is this a common on turbo cars or is there something going horribly wrong?

JITB
01-17-2010, 06:41 PM
ok i had a question, first off im whipping a 92 ford probe gt with manual boost controller and turboxs blow off valve and thats all and somtimes while driving it will only boost to a max of like 8 psi when the mbc is set to 14. now its only occasionally and i checked all lines, hoses and connections and there arent any leaks that i can see, feel, or hear. is this a common on turbo cars or is there something going horribly wrong?

the probe gt wont boost past 8lbs, on the stock ecu. unless you get a standalone, or get the chipped ecu. Ther used to be a guy that sold them, but he doesnt anymore, google Zombie Chip Probe GT. It was the best thing for the probe turbos! Im sure someone has figured out a way or started to make a chip for it, but i havent been on the probe forums in years!

jdm-civic
01-17-2010, 06:49 PM
it has the probanator chip which removes the fuel cut at 12 psi and sometimes if i ease on the throttle it will run 14 psi all day but sometimes it just boosts to 10psi.i was wondering is there like a problem with the turbo or something

JITB
01-17-2010, 06:52 PM
it has the probanator chip which removes the fuel cut at 12 psi and sometimes if i ease on the throttle it will run 14 psi all day but sometimes it just boosts to 10psi.i was wondering is there like a problem with the turbo or something

does it break up? or stutter? it may just be running out of fuel.. But those hoses are so shitty in that car, over the years. they break just by looking at them.

jdm-civic
01-17-2010, 06:57 PM
no it does not stutter or anything but it just doesnt go past 10 some pulls.it feels like it not getting full boost like the bov is getting stuck open but it has a turboxs bov and those are supposed to be a pretty reputable company

JITB
01-17-2010, 07:01 PM
no it does not stutter or anything but it just doesnt go past 10 some pulls.it feels like it not getting full boost like the bov is getting stuck open but it has a turboxs bov and those are supposed to be a pretty reputable company

take the bov off, and put the stock one back on, and run it with the recirculating pipe back on if you have it. i gues it sounds like u do have a leak. but be careful looking for it, everything plastic will break!!

MidLifeCrisis
01-17-2010, 07:05 PM
Whoa man! Factory F2T cars can see up to 16 lbs. before the factory ECU starts throwing boost cut at the car. MBCs are crap. Although it may not be the problem, but invest in an EBC. I think they make some kind of boost leak tester, try finding one of those.

EDIT: QUIT BEING RETARDED, THE DIY SECTION IS NOT FOR YOUR RETARDED PROBLEMS, POST IN GENERAL TECH SMART GUY.

jdm-civic
01-17-2010, 07:07 PM
well see thats the problem i dont have any of the factory pieces anymore and pull a parts has like no probes for me to get the factory pieces

JITB
01-17-2010, 07:15 PM
well see thats the problem i dont have any of the factory pieces anymore and pull a parts has like no probes for me to get the factory pieces

well than dont touch anythin eles, bc they are fragile..lol But it does sound like you have a leak. You can try and get soem starter fluid, and spray around vaccum hoses, and turbo hoses. And see if the idle raises.. but it sounds like its a real small leak, so this method may not work. But It prob is from one of the additions the bov, and or the mbc.

Siverprobegt
01-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Sound like the blow off valve is leaking

ItsBlack
01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Do you have an actual manual boost controller or a homeade bleeder valve type

jdm-civic
01-18-2010, 02:09 PM
no its a actual manual bov....i wouldnt trust myself with anything home made

JITB
01-18-2010, 02:11 PM
no its a actual manual bov....i wouldnt trust myself with anything home made

take it off, and see if it will hold boost, but of course dont floor it...lol its not the best method.. but it will let you know.