PDA

View Full Version : Please Help IA....

dub_girl
01-16-2010, 06:15 PM
I recently purchased a 2005 VW GLI. No sooner did I leave the lot the check engine light appears. The trans is acting up and I called the lot. I was told legally he cant do anything about it. I had the car diagnosed and it said a 3rd gear ratio issue. Do I have any legal pull to try and make the lot fix this seeming they sold the car knowing about the check engine light? Any advice would be much appreciated........ Ty

EG_Ryder
01-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Maybe if you bought it in a county that requires emissions but im really not sure....you should have test drove the hell out of it before you bought it

dub_girl
01-16-2010, 11:27 PM
I agree with you. I just let my heart get to excited and made a bad choice. I dont regret buying the car but I regret not seeing through the deal.... I think it has a trans leak but with it being a sealed compartment VW makes it pretty impossible to judge without paying their cost... My brother noticed the leak under the car. Vw told me that I needed a trans when I told them of the 3rd gear ratio thing. The weird part is that when the car warms up it runs fine. I just hope the problem is not major....

Thx for reading my post though....

Maybe if you bought it in a county that requires emissions but im really not sure....you should have test drove the hell out of it before you bought it

jdmdb8itr
01-16-2010, 11:30 PM
damn that sux, sorry to hear, they should fix it. any warranty or anything?

Theycall_Metue
01-17-2010, 12:37 AM
"the lot" you bought it from a dealer ship?
if so, you should have a 30 day warranty on the car.
since you said the problem goes away once the car warms up, it prob need a tranny flush, when i first bought the eclipse, it'll grind going into 2 and 3rd when its cold and after flush it shift smoothly.

marcos713
01-17-2010, 12:52 AM
u live in mableton? did they give you current emissions on the car. if not, then they have to buy the car back b/c when a car is sold its supposed to have valid emissions.

Tech5
01-17-2010, 01:27 AM
I recently purchased a 2005 VW GLI. No sooner did I leave the lot the check engine light appears. The trans is acting up and I called the lot. I was told legally he cant do anything about it. I had the car diagnosed and it said a 3rd gear ratio issue. Do I have any legal pull to try and make the lot fix this seeming they sold the car knowing about the check engine light? Any advice would be much appreciated........ Ty

If you bought this from ANYYYY Car lot dealer The can NOT sale any car that doesn't pass emissons!!!

Also there is a 30 day rule and yes you have legal rights contact the owner or manager of the place and talk to them .If they do not want to do anything about it.Contact any legal lawyer and they will not ask for anymoney until the settlement is done and they get around 32%

Total_Blender
01-17-2010, 01:51 AM
You might try posting on the VW Vortex forum to get some feedback about the problem the vehicle is having...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeromain?id=1

Maybe post in "The Volkswagen Lounge," as the Emm-Kay-Eye-Vee forum is kind of a shithole (its like the Whoreslounge of that forum)

If you can find the user "Broke" he is the man when it comes to transmission problems.

As far as the check engine light... it pretty much comes with the territory on that generation of VW's, they have a lot of problems. I'd be more worried if one didn't have the check engine light on. :ninja::lmfao:

k3tsurui
01-17-2010, 03:45 AM
Try doing some research on lemon laws in Georgia. I don't know if it pertains to used cars, but its worth a shot. They should have offered you some kind of warranty ...30 days....90 days....review all of the paperwork for the car carefully. It just sounds like a lawsuit.....ask a lawyer maybe? Just thinking of what I would be doing in your situation.......

Humphrizzle
01-17-2010, 03:49 AM
lemon law doesnt apply to used cars

k3tsurui
01-17-2010, 08:32 AM
I think it does, but with limitations.....

ie: the car has to be under factory warranty, under warranty mileage, later model vehicle, etc.

check this link out there might be something here that can help you get started. see if any of these apply to you:
http://www.lemonjustice.com/lemon-law/GA_other_lemon_law.php

dub_girl
01-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Thx so much for all the feedback... I greatly appreciate it....

95alty
01-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Theres a 30 day rule... Go pull up georgia laws and show that to your dealership. If they pull some bullshit again go to the police and have an officer come with you