PDA

View Full Version : Craiglist Scam Attempt?

Got Milk?
01-16-2010, 04:23 PM
I posted something on CL for sale, and I had few people tell me the same thing:

"
Hello
I really appreciate your response to my email.I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance.I
want you to know that i will be paying via bank certified check .I will like you to provide me with the following. information to facilitate the mailing of the check to you .
1.....Full name to write on the check
2.....Full Physical address to post the check
3.....City, State and Zip Code
4.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you
*** Note that the payment will be shiped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check** Thanks"

Is this a scam attempt to get my info? I mean, I had 10 people sending me that shit in my email.

quickdodge®
01-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Lolol. Later, QD.

so_jdm
01-16-2010, 04:28 PM
looks legit to me...you should probably send him your bank account and social security number just in case he has to give that to ups or something..........

5speed
01-16-2010, 04:37 PM
LOL, did you really have to ask?

98blackcivic
01-16-2010, 05:01 PM
i hate scammers!

Hektik
01-16-2010, 05:36 PM
Yea I had some tell me they wanted to buy my car but that they wanted to know how much the insurance was going to be. So they send ME a link to some random insurance site and ask if I can go on there and figure out how much their insurance is going to be...lol.. WTF... several different E-mail addresses all with pretty much the same layout.. needless to say they all got deleted, and link was never clicked.. you have to be very skeptical of all emails sent in response to any CL listings. even if they look legit never give any personal info. Also never meet anyone off of CL at your own home. To many weirdos on that site...

Echonova
01-16-2010, 05:52 PM
I see nothing wrong. Do it.

SmackedInATL
01-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Scam...CL deals are always dealt in cash.

Elbow
01-16-2010, 07:11 PM
LMFAO is this serious?

RL...
01-16-2010, 07:51 PM
rule of thumb: of you have to ask then yes

Doppelgänger
01-16-2010, 10:02 PM
You really are fucking retarded enough to think that wasn't a scam....

Kevykev
01-17-2010, 12:13 AM
LOL @ the replies in here but yeah man it was as obvious as your computer screen in front of you.

CL.... it's really something.

civicturbo10
01-17-2010, 12:29 AM
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/about/scams
This lol.

Imagine someone paying you a cashiers check for your ride. They ride out and poof, fake cashiers check. It is really bad out there.... Dig in the gwinnett mug shots and you'll see a ton of people arrested for fraud.

marcos713
01-17-2010, 12:59 AM
lol idk y this was even posted

Got Milk?
01-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Because I got bunch of emails from craiglist add.

PM me if you need more explaining.

Miss.Kayla
01-17-2010, 03:34 AM
I posted something on CL for sale, and I had few people tell me the same thing:

"
Hello
I really appreciate your response to my email.I want you to consider it sold, pls do withdraw the advert from craigslist to avoid disturbance.I
want you to know that i will be paying via bank certified check .I will like you to provide me with the following. information to facilitate the mailing of the check to you .
1.....Full name to write on the check
2.....Full Physical address to post the check
3.....City, State and Zip Code
4.....Home & Cell Phone to contact you
*** Note that the payment will be shiped to your address via UPS NEXT DAY SERVICE and I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping i will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check** Thanks"

Is this a scam attempt to get my info? I mean, I had 10 people sending me that shit in my email.

yep its a scam.