PDA

View Full Version : DSM nonsense

alpine_aw11
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
So my 90 talon tsi is being a real prick lately, and I know more than your average man about cars but I can't just pick problems out on the spot.

It starts everytime, but it will either stutter really badly for about 15 seconds or idle high(which I believe is normal for a lot of 4cyl imports, my mr2 and civic both did it and had no issues) and then start bouncing up and down from 500-1500(that's the not normal part). When the idle does level it it's really choppy, like it has ebay cams or something which I know it doesn't. And then sometimes it will idle very smoothly around 800-900 which I imagine is normal for a DSM. It's gotten better since I fixed 100 vaccumm leaks that I found. Can this be a fuel delivery issue, maybe I need a new pump or injectors? I ran tests for everything idle related, if something was broken I replaced it. So far I needed to fix my ICV, o2 sensors, and a few others but they work so its unimportant.

TSiFTW
01-15-2010, 08:42 AM
That is exactly what mine was doing when my IAC went bad. It could be several things but that is pretty easy to check. Google how to check it and you can find several detailed writeups with pics.

alpine_aw11
01-15-2010, 08:47 AM
That is exactly what mine was doing when my IAC went bad. It could be several things but that is pretty easy to check. Google how to check it and you can find several detailed writeups with pics.

Did it ever start for like 3 seconds and stutter/stall out? Sometimes I have to start it and hold it at around 1200 for it to idle. But thats pretty rare now since I've fixed a lot of other things.