PDA

View Full Version : 1jzgtte

hotrodb16
01-14-2010, 09:40 PM
i currently own a 1992 sc300 and i am looking to do the 1J swap ASAP i need to know a good place to get everything i need. i have come to the conclusion that i want a 5 speed soarer front clip so it will have the r154 5 speed and everything i need to complete the swap!!! i am also going to need the drive shaft from the soarer and i would prefer to get the LSD as well.
any help would be great
thanks for you time.

speedemons
01-14-2010, 10:44 PM
unless ur motor and trans now are on the verge of self destructing i would highly recommend to go na-t. I just recently purchased and installed a 95 sc300 2jz in my 87 supra and turboed it. Im making 428 to the wheels at 15psi with a shitty tune. The guy i purchased the motor from wishes he would have just went na-t instead of doing his 1jz swap. 1jz's are nice motors dont get me wrong but 2j's are so easy to make power and their so bulletproof i can't justify taking the time and money of doing the swap and making the car less maintainable when u can turbo the 2j for the same amount of money and make double the power.

hotrodb16
01-15-2010, 05:04 AM
thanks i will keep that in mind, my motor currently has like 230,000 miles on it. so... what tranny are u running

speedemons
01-15-2010, 07:04 AM
my motor has 150,000 on it. I would throw all new seals and gaskets on yours with new toyota timing belt water pump and tensioner. I installed a twin turbo toyota head gasket on mine with arp studs and let her rip. Im currently running a w58 which im soon to be addressing. I blew one about a month ago but i pretty sure it was from my bad habit of snatching second gear which i've stopped since then and no more problems. It let go when i went to snatch 2nd so i know that was the cause of the problem. Other then that though it's holding the power fine. My car will break looses at 60mph with 255 tires in the back.

hotrodb16
01-15-2010, 08:13 AM
did u go with a turbo kit, or did u piece it together your self? are u running safc?
injectors? fuel rail ect...? if u don't mind taking the time i would appreciate it. i am now seriously considering it

speedemons
01-15-2010, 08:19 AM
i pieced together a kit. im running a precision pt-61 turbo. 7m-gte 440cc injectors (not needed for my current boost level). map-ecu2 soon to be replaced by an aem version2. 61mm is an awesome size for a 2j spools really quick and smooth

speedemons
01-15-2010, 08:25 AM
heres some pics of my set-up

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l397/1gsupra/S6300994.jpg

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l397/1gsupra/S6300995.jpg

reylercastro
01-15-2010, 08:28 AM
did u go with a turbo kit, or did u piece it together your self? are u running safc?
injectors? fuel rail ect...? if u don't mind taking the time i would appreciate it. i am now seriously considering it

He is right Man, you don't need to do this swap, i have 1JZ on my 240, 450hp, 400tq., it's really good set up, i got power fc and 2j cams and injectors. just put some head gasket, 550cc, safc will be fine for 400hp, new seals, new timing belt, arp bolts on head, a single turbo(master power turbo recomedend), intercooler and you are ready to go, i've seem 2jz ge running 740hp @ stock internals with no problem, just check out @ clubna-t.com, you will see, if you need the valve seals, i got brand new ones from toyotas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxUw4zze3RY
This video was with 350hp 10psi, now it's a lot stronger

speedemons
01-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Heres some more info for you. Na 2j block have been known to hold 800rwhp on a stock bottom end. Na heads will still flow better than a ported tt head with 1mm oversize valves. There are guys making over 700rwhp on stock na intakes and distributors. Stock 2j injectors should hold 400rwhp no prob. Im running the stock rail and regulator with an in tank 255 walbro. Most people dont think 400 rwhp is alot until they experience it. When u can break loose 255 tires going 60mph is sometimes sucks lol. Try screwing around with someone and not being able to go anywhere and just spinning tires lol. I would be willing to bet you could refresh and get all the needed parts to turbo you 2j for under $3000. Are you currently auto or 5-speed? If you stay with stock injectors for now a SAFC 1 or 2 would be plenty to adjust fuel for you. I would also recommend a wide-band. Innovative LC-1 and gauge best bang for your buck, awesome wideband. Me and all my friends use them, no regrets and really nice quality. There are so many 2j parts on the market now that used or even new parts can be picked up for extremely cheap. Im running a knock-off manifold, just make sure it has no lag in it, the flanges are straight and it has the braces on it and let it go. Mine was used when i got it. 2j na-t ftw best thing i've ever done to my car by far.

alpine_aw11
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
2j's are great and all, but if I were you I wouldn't be adding boost to a motor with 230k on it without at least rebuilding the stock internals, and if the pistons aren't the same as the TT you should just throw those in as you go. They are completely right about not doing the swap though, that's pointless.

speedemons
01-15-2010, 10:03 AM
people boost 200,000 miles plus 2j's all day long. They're the best motor ever built by toyota and will take the abuse all day

jrb3
01-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Too bad all NA-T swaps looks like shit.

GGPIS3
01-15-2010, 10:35 AM
i currently own a 1992 sc300 and i am looking to do the 1J swap ASAP i need to know a good place to get everything i need. i have come to the conclusion that i want a 5 speed soarer front clip so it will have the r154 5 speed and everything i need to complete the swap!!! i am also going to need the drive shaft from the soarer and i would prefer to get the LSD as well.
any help would be great
thanks for you time.

fyi, we are about to complete that exact swap on a customers car, come by the shop if you want to see the progress so far. give us a call at the shop to set up a quote for you.. 678 584 5404.

On_Her_Face
01-15-2010, 10:36 AM
The 2jzge doesn't have the oil squarters. My vote is get the turbo motor and not do a na-t. Nothing is wrong with the na-t but the tt motor is better hands down.

GGPIS3
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
or if you decide to go na-t, it won't be a problem either. thats basically what my IS300 is.. :ninja:

GGPIS3
01-15-2010, 10:38 AM
The 2jzge doesn't have the oil squarters. My vote is get the turbo motor and not do a na-t. Nothing is wrong with the na-t but the tt motor is better hands down.

i would have to agree to a certain point. pending on your power goals, sometimes its cheaper and smarter to go na-t.

On_Her_Face
01-15-2010, 11:15 AM
i would have to agree to a certain point. pending on your power goals, sometimes its cheaper and smarter to go na-t.

Yep, 350-500 whp would be better with the n/a motor. However over than that I would definitely say TT motor.

BTW I was sitting behind you when you saw Avatar and you never got back to me on a quote for my RSX-S

GGPIS3
01-15-2010, 11:16 AM
^^ lol.. quote for?? pm me bro. we are making some changes at the shop right now, so everything is kinda crazy.

speedemons
01-15-2010, 11:22 AM
yea oil squirters are the only difference too

GGPIS3
01-15-2010, 11:24 AM
^^ head design is different as well. most will say a ge head will out flow the gte head to about 500-600 rwhp. alot of people also say vvti is advantageous with boost up till about 600.

WhiteAccord
01-15-2010, 11:30 AM
^^ head design is different as well. most will say a ge head will out flow the gte head to about 500-600 rwhp. alot of people also say vvti is advantageous with boost up till about 600.

Definitely an on going debate. But in my honest opinion. Just boost the NA-t. Less work is required( And from experience I wish I could go back and boost my stock NA-t.). 230k makes no difference when it comes to Toyotas JZ motors. Thicker head gasket and ARP headstuds and you'll be set.

GGPIS3
01-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Definitely an on going debate. But in my honest opinion. Just boost the NA-t. Less work is required( And from experience I wish I could go back and boost my stock NA-t.). 230k makes no difference when it comes to Toyotas JZ motors. Thicker head gasket and ARP headstuds and you'll be set.

thats only because you got into deep with your project. instead of paying someone to do the job right and be done with it, you took it upon yourself to try and make it work. not to say thats a bad thing, but sometimes you need to recognize when you need help and just pony up the cash for the peace of mind. :goodjob:

hotrodb16
01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
thanks for all the info people.
speeddemons - ok so by the time i come home for leave i should have about 5g's to blow, right now my pops drives the car for me while i am stuck here in japan.
i currently have the w58 trans i did that swap the last time i was home. now i want the r154 because i am looking to get 400-500hp for now.
im not coming home till april so i have some time to piece everything together. also i have been looking at changing the intake manifold and getting rid of the over the top motor one. here is the kicker i am going to be home for a month and i would like to have the car up and running within the first 7 days of being there. and i could use some help, im going to do everything myself.

speedemons
01-16-2010, 04:46 PM
if you plan on doing it all right a week is out of the question i spent over 3 months building mine up doing it right and if all your looking for is 500 max right now i would leave the w58. All long as u dont snatch gears like i was now that ive learned my lesson you'll be fine with the w58. Get a competition stage 4 clutch and you'll be set. I have a friend who works there and thats what im running and i love it. Very streetable and strong clutch.

Black R
01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Damn all these knowledgable people and nobody told you that a 2jzgtte doesn't exist.

mike's02ls1
01-16-2010, 11:43 PM
I say it's your car do what you can afford. Me I have a 89 Toyota Cressida that is in the process of swapping my 2JZ. People may say build the 7M but I heard way to many horror stories of 7M's and headgaskets. I have a R154 tranny, MKIII LSD 3.90 rear. I'm going to go GT4088R, A1000 with -6 and -8 lines and 1000cc injectors with AEM v2 to get me to 700+rwhp on E85. Boost is a lovely thing....