PDA

View Full Version : semi-noob to dorifto

bluuuurr
10-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Just introducing myself since I never really post anywhere except the classified section.. I'm aaron, live in griffin.. drive a 93 hatchback se.

as of now, the car is still lookin very stock.. tires and stupid basic repairs have been pwning me.. I still have the freakin' stock suspension even.. lol

well, just thought I'd say hi.. and maybe I'll meet some of you at the next event

DrivenMind
10-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Nice to meet you.

I'm Robbie, I drive the wretched looking semi-flat AE86 coupe and drift on the narrowest tires I can find.

nice to meet you.

oh and heres a neat tip (since you said you were a semi-noob), when I was in Florida there were a shit ton of KA 240s tearing it up with nothing but a welded differential and some suspension parts to prevent body roll. So don't let everyone bully you into getting an SR, it's a great motor, but you can learn to drift just fine with a KA which a few simple choice mods.

lazyboi444
10-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Hey nice to meet you I'm PJ i just got my 1991 Fastback not to long ago i love her! She needs some anti body roll christmast presents but i've had maintance problems to that have been keeping back but i plan on having some sways in about 2 weeks or so! Hey join WWW.GA240sx.COM i'm on there it's neat site just for us GA 240 owners!

HiPSI
10-27-2005, 12:45 PM
oh and heres a neat tip (since you said you were a semi-noob), when I was in Florida there were a shit ton of KA 240s tearing it up with nothing but a welded differential and some suspension parts to prevent body roll. So don't let everyone bully you into getting an SR, it's a great motor, but you can learn to drift just fine with a KA which a few simple choice mods.

Sean (shawn maybe?) in the green hatch does great at all the events i've been to and he runs a stock KA.

Kalifornia087
11-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Sean (shawn maybe?) in the green hatch does great at all the events i've been to and he runs a stock KA.

you are correct! and also according to his dad, he was running open diff too!! coilovers, stb, and some skills is all he has and he can walk several of the other guys out there! i was quite impressed first time i saw him. As far as your situation, get a diff, and drop it and you will have a great starter!!

bluuuurr
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
yeah, i'm definitely keeping the stock ka.. i'm having a pretty good time with it now.. maybe a turbo down the road, but yeah.. I wish there were more opportunities to get out and practice.. the only time I get to play around is short little spurts through empty parking lots, which even then I get really nervous..