PDA

View Full Version : General Chat prelude vs. lancer

fresh_boi
01-13-2010, 06:54 PM
i currently have a 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Trim for sale
just small stuff done, like boltons, system, tint, rims

the other day i got a text from a guy wondering if i would trade for a 1999 Prelude with tiptronic transmission, h22 engine, dark tint all around, blacked out tail lights, exhaust, intake, system, black giovanna rims. and small stuff, but the thing is, he said i can keep the wheels and tires off my car and the prelude. he has an extra set. he says he just really needs a 4 door because they are fixing to have a baby.

is this a straight deal?
just looking for any inputs

Master Shake
01-13-2010, 07:11 PM
i like the lude's better....but you might wanna get good friend....thats a mechanic....and go take a look at it.

it seems like the car might be ok....have a very good inspection of it first!!!

fresh_boi
01-13-2010, 07:14 PM
i like the lude's better....but you might wanna get good friend....thats a mechanic....and go take a look at it.

it seems like the car might be ok....have a very good inspection of it first!!!

yeah and the lude is faster. lol right now im rollin the slowwwwww lancer lol
but yeah that's not a bad idea, i thought about it before, just have to find someone to go with me

Master Shake
01-13-2010, 07:23 PM
yeah and the lude is faster. lol right now im rollin the slowwwwww lancer lol
but yeah that's not a bad idea, i thought about it before, just have to find someone to go with me
shit, i'm sure if you tell someone "i'll give you $20 to check out this car" someone is gonna be game.

the OZ lancer is a good family car. its got decent power and a smooth ride. good for a DD, i wouldn't mod one though. the lude....well, its a lude....i love em. got a really good motor, very comfy feel on the inside(:idb:lol) and well....its a honda.....can be easily modded with a HUGE field for parts.

fresh_boi
01-13-2010, 07:38 PM
yeah i just always liked the eve, but could not afford one, so i bought the cheaper one lol and was going to just work on it, this was before i knew much about cars, then i found out that i made the worst choice, i used up all my money for a sohc lol and so i was going to get rid of it so i could get a cheaper car with more potential and have money to work on it.

but yeah, i will do that, offer someone $20

ducky1177
01-13-2010, 07:43 PM
you were gonna trade me this lancer for my da awhile back

fresh_boi
01-13-2010, 07:45 PM
you were gonna trade me this lancer for my da awhile back

yeah i was going to, but then you never responded to my text lol, then when i went back to look at your post, it said "mods please delete, traded" lol

ducky1177
01-13-2010, 09:30 PM
yeah i was going to, but then you never responded to my text lol, then when i went back to look at your post, it said "mods please delete, traded" lol

really????
i was wanting your car
:thinking:

RL...
01-14-2010, 01:05 AM
the newer body style of preludes are nice and quick...the older ones...not so much

sprix!
01-14-2010, 07:05 AM
The Prelude looks better and probably performs better, but I wouldn't touch that transmission if I were you. Those auto trannies were quite problematic.

fresh_boi
01-14-2010, 06:29 PM
really????
i was wanting your car
:thinking:

yea man, i love da integras, and didn't yours have a gsr?

fresh_boi
01-14-2010, 06:34 PM
so i went and test drove it today, it looks really clean, don't really like the rims but they will do, it's a little bit louder than mine and has vtec! so this is definitely a good deal, love it way more than my lancer, going tomorrow to sign the title over.

JITB
01-14-2010, 06:37 PM
good deal, sounds like a fair trade... but i would be most worried about that tranny!

fresh_boi
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
good deal, sounds like a fair trade... but i would be most worried about that tranny!

yeah, i am a little bit, but if anything happens, i can sell the h22 swap and the shell and rims for more than i paid for the lancer :bump: win!

Zhu
01-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I didn't know auto Preludes came tiptronic.

Arm&hammer
01-15-2010, 05:27 PM
yeah, i am a little bit, but if anything happens, i can sell the h22 swap and the shell and rims for more than i paid for the lancer :bump: win!

How much did you pay for the lancer?

5speed
01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Dont know how easy that would be to sell the shell but go ahead. The prelude is def a better car but requires premium gas and gets 17-22mpg. You could get a car with regular gas and more power.

Arm&hammer
01-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Dont know how easy that would be to sell the shell but go ahead. The prelude is def a better car but requires premium gas and gets 17-22mpg. You could get a car with regular gas and more power.

I get 30mpg out of my prelude daily.

5speed
01-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I get 30mpg out of my prelude daily.
Everyone I have ever known with a 5th gen has gotten 17city/22hwy on full stock. That has been the only reason I haven't bought one. What have you modded?

StreetHazard
01-15-2010, 07:51 PM
the newer body style of preludes are nice and quick...the older ones...not so much

Lies and fibs

don't listen

lude66
01-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Lies and fibs

don't listen
x2

fresh_boi
01-16-2010, 03:03 PM
How much did you pay for the lancer?

$4500
the rims and h22 alone are bout the same cost as that

but i got it, post some pics up later

Arm&hammer
01-16-2010, 09:55 PM
Everyone I have ever known with a 5th gen has gotten 17city/22hwy on full stock. That has been the only reason I haven't bought one. What have you modded?

Nothing. all stock except for an intake. I drive my prelude to kentucky every week with 200,000 miles on the car. maybe i just drive like very conservatively.

Arm&hammer
01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
$4500
the rims and h22 alone are bout the same cost as that

but i got it, post some pics up later

does it have like very expensive rims or something because i can get an h22 longblock for 800 bucks. But the I'd say its a good trade and good luck with your prelude. you're gonna love it.

fresh_boi
01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
does it have like very expensive rims or something because i can get an h22 longblock for 800 bucks. But the I'd say its a good trade and good luck with your prelude. you're gonna love it.

yeah, they are giovanna 18" rims, looked them up, the cheapest set with tires i found was $1500 and run all the way up to $3000 for just the wheels