PDA

View Full Version : AAAHHHH SHIT!!!

5speed
01-13-2010, 06:49 PM
I need a fucking job so soon. Got a letter saying we have to move 18th this month if we dont pay what we owe. I have been trying to get a fucking job everywhere but for some reason never have any luck, Maybe I am not exuberant enough or something. I show confidence and everything yet everyone says no bc I have no fucking experience in retail. It not that fucking hard to sell shit, trust me you are not the only fucking one who can do it. In order for me to have experiance you have to give it to me. Who better than you to teach me what you want me to do at your business? WTF!!!???

blaknoize
01-13-2010, 06:55 PM
um, try another market other than sales, or... go online and find a call center needing employees. Do some research and find one with high turn over. Or.. restaurant work

AeeCeeCard
01-13-2010, 06:55 PM
that sucks, good luck man. maybe if you rant to them they might give you a try.
i mean the least you could do is try!

SUBY_RUE
01-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Damn, bro. Sorry to hear. Do this, Call these people that you have interveiwd with every day and let them know you want this. be persistant . I have got a couple jobs this way, it works. It will show your devotion and they will take notice.

5speed
01-13-2010, 07:26 PM
I have tried every type of industry. Most of the time you cant even talk to the managers at all. Just put in an application to CVS and talked to the manager. He seems pretty cool and hopefully at least gives me an opportunity for an interview. Most places wont even give you that. They hire friends and/or discriminate. It gets on my nerves that discrimination still goes on. No, I am not black. I am white just so you know. lol

firby911
01-13-2010, 07:46 PM
I have tried every type of industry. Most of the time you cant even talk to the managers at all. Just put in an application to CVS and talked to the manager. He seems pretty cool and hopefully at least gives me an opportunity for an interview. Most places wont even give you that. They hire friends and/or discriminate. It gets on my nerves that discrimination still goes on. No, I am not black. I am white just so you know. lol

I feel you dude,ive been looking for awhile now and cant find a part time job anywhere. Ive applied at so many places its ridiculous,some of which i never could have imagined i would work at yet there not even hiring.I get the same response everywhere i go "we're not hiring".Good luck hope you find one soon.

Kasper
01-13-2010, 09:44 PM
My father is still outa work and its been a year. They either tell him hes over qualified for the job or they dont want him cause he doesnt have a college degree. even though hes been doing it for 30+ years. I really hope ya get something soon dude..

tdurr
01-13-2010, 09:58 PM
whats wrong with being overqualified? wouldnt that be a good thing??

buffdaddy18
01-13-2010, 10:02 PM
whats wrong with being overqualified? wouldnt that be a good thing??

employers feel that if someone is overqualified that the applicant will either try to run the place and do stuff over their pay grade, or expect higher pay, or to move up quickly. It's retarded, but that's pretty much why.

I'm in the same boat though, graduated college summer of 08, still haven't found anything decent. And I refuse to work at a call center, did that for 2 weeks, it isn't fucking worth it.

5speed
01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
I hope everyone has better luck finding a job, I know we all need it! Good luck to your dad Kasper, that really sucks. My dad has been trying to get his social security for for about a year now and still going slow. He hates having to do that but he has been declared disabled which he pretty much is. He has too much pride though to take money, and hates sitting in the house. No one will hire him though since he is too much of a liability and his doctors says he shouldn't work. Crazy stuff man.

tdurr
01-13-2010, 11:22 PM
employers feel that if someone is overqualified that the applicant will either try to run the place and do stuff over their pay grade, or expect higher pay, or to move up quickly. It's retarded, but that's pretty much why.

I'm in the same boat though, graduated college summer of 08, still haven't found anything decent. And I refuse to work at a call center, did that for 2 weeks, it isn't fucking worth it.
makes since i guess.

i need a job too man. shit sucks. i dont even got money to pay for books for this semester :(

thecrazyone
01-14-2010, 12:00 AM
good luck

Black4DrEK
01-14-2010, 12:11 AM
^^ FUNNY SIG

Humphrizzle
01-14-2010, 12:12 AM
conyers domino's is hiring.

marcos713
01-14-2010, 12:21 AM
try QTs, auto parts, wally world etc.last tr i applied to like 15places before getting hired an Mcds. dont give up yoo

5speed
01-14-2010, 12:22 AM
conyers domino's is hiring.
For instore or drivers? I have been told I couldnt do the drivers job bc I had a speeding ticket going 90 in 55

2.ohhh
01-14-2010, 07:50 AM
theres always the military they take anybody lolz

5speed
01-14-2010, 12:15 PM
theres always the military they take anybody lolz
Tried that before and they said I couldnt join, and I am glad

xxbckiexx
01-14-2010, 12:21 PM
I know a kid.. one of the laziest, ugly, fat mother fucks i've ever met. He found a job as an assistant to the owner to a maid service on craigslist. He was about as useful as a diseased camel for hauling someone across the desert. Yet he held this job and was paid $350 a week, tax free. If this fuck can get a job, you can too (this was only a matter of months ago). Keep your head up.

87 Turbo II
01-14-2010, 11:00 PM
the 18th is my birthday :)

5speed
01-14-2010, 11:33 PM
LOL If I dont tell you happy bday then I dont have a home.

5speed
01-14-2010, 11:35 PM
I know a kid.. one of the laziest, ugly, fat mother fucks i've ever met. He found a job as an assistant to the owner to a maid service on craigslist. He was about as useful as a diseased camel for hauling someone across the desert. Yet he held this job and was paid $350 a week, tax free. If this fuck can get a job, you can too (this was only a matter of months ago). Keep your head up.
Yep, see that all the time. Dumb ass getting the job over me bc they can be paid cheaper. I will take min wage, I dont care right now.

dallasb84
01-15-2010, 05:37 AM
start a thread begging for money..... i will donate one dollor to you via pay pal.

Firefightin_tC
01-15-2010, 05:43 AM
Clayton County PD is hiring.

Kasper
01-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Thanks man. I hope he finds something soon. Cause he's now on emergency aid which only lasts 13 weeks and he's already a few weeks into it. With my dad he can't have a long term stand up job. But its still sad cause he applied for a job at tractor supply and didn't get the job cause they want someone with a college degree.. the manager at ace hardware told him he wasn't gonna hire him cause he was to over qualified and he didn't want to worry about my dad finding a better job and takeing off or my dad makeing him look bad and take his job. Its truly fucken stupid. But I know if he doesn't find somethin soon ill be homeless. Right now we don't even know how were gonna pay the electric bill cause we've had to run the heat cause of the extreme cold weather.

I wish everyone the best of luck

buffdaddy18
01-15-2010, 09:40 AM
well I applied for a job as a manager for a Firestone Car Care center in Charlotte yesterday. Gave them a phone call about an hour after that, and the guy asked how soon I could drive up there (currently live in augusta). I told him I'd drive up right then. So I did, interview went really well, and I should have the job. He said he will probably be calling me early next week to get the drug test and background checks set up and everything. So it looks like it will be back to Charlotte for me.

Kasper
01-15-2010, 09:57 AM
I feel ya on that.. im looking for a new full time job that pays decent. I got a line of a few jobs in NC for welding and stuff. so i might be moveing up that way soon.. depends on how shit goes. But at this point its whatever i can do to keep me and my family afloat.

5speed
01-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Hopefully the job a CVS pulls through for me. My dad is physically able to work, but it would hurt him. He doesnt care he just wants to work, but he is too big of a liability to anyone. My mom doesn't have a vehicle since it was totaled in a wreck. She is waiting for her settlement to come through. She bought a van that got totaled the day after she bought it on her way to work, and then worked out a way to get another one from the same used car dealership and it would fog up when there was humidity in the air so she couldn't drive during rain or mist. So Great Clips let her go since she couldn't work at night. Then it was repo'd a few weeks ago since she couldnt make the payments.