PDA

View Full Version : Religion !!!LIFT HAITI UP IN YOUR PRAYERS!!!

EssexCounty
01-13-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm sure by now many of you have heard about the earthquake in Haiti and the amount of damage an lives lost. I myself have grandparents in the capital Port-au-Prince as well as aunts, uncles, and cousins. What Haiti needs the most right now is prayer. Please take a couple of seconds out an say a couple words to whomever you believe in. Thank You. God Bless.!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22219780/detail.html

EssexCounty
01-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Here is a link to a organization based in Atlanta which is built with, by, and for Haitians and Haiti alike! Also a reliable non-profit organization to whom you can send donations and funds to the catastrophe in the country. Keep praying!
http://www.hmtcc.org/

Nemesis
01-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Im sure theyll be in Miami soon enough

bodhi
01-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Easy there, friend... mother earth is just shaking the fleas off.

StreetHazard
01-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Pray to god for what? He's the one that sent the earthquake right?

Starrfire
01-13-2010, 06:33 PM
What will praying for them do, they are already dead or destoyed. They need rebuilding help, not "aww man, too bad you had an earthquake".

green91
01-13-2010, 07:53 PM
natural selection. damn haitians all get here and think they are thugs anyway. maybe god is tired of gangsters.

5speed
01-14-2010, 12:52 AM
Sad, but the world is over populated anyways.

EssexCounty
01-14-2010, 07:13 AM
Sad, but the world is over populated anyways.

So this is how you felt about a 9/11 or just because it wasn't in America your theory of natural selection doesn't apply

StreetHazard
01-14-2010, 07:32 AM
So this is how you felt about a 9/11 or just because it wasn't in America your theory of natural selection doesn't apply

An earthquake is a natural occurrence, so human reaction dealing with it falls into natural selection. 9/11 was staged by religious zealots. So if you look at religion as "survival of the fittest" as in "the believers will live, and everyone else has to die, or burn in a fiery pit for all eternity in the afterlife". Then yes natural selection might apply there also in a religious sense but survival only against other humans. Religion does not really wipe out huge populations of animals as "god's will". God's will in that matter is strictly limited to killing or at the least imprisoning upright and talking kind of animals, sadly...humans.

Glides
01-14-2010, 07:55 AM
Pray to god for what? He's the one that sent the earthquake right?

This is gold right here.

The religious world is one of hypocrisy. The Religious ones say to keep Haiti in your prayers.....when their religion is responsible for WAY more deaths than that natural disaster is. They say pray to the Lord, when the Lord is the one that sent the disaster in the first place since he is the almighty.

Organized religion is a "Having cake and eating it too" caste of people who feel they can have it good in the best of times....and the worst of times. And if they can't....well....they will just kill you.

Welcome to Organized Religion. :goodjob:

StreetHazard
01-14-2010, 07:59 AM
This is gold right here.

The religious world is one of hypocrisy. The Religious ones say to keep Haiti in your prayers.....when their religion is responsible for WAY more deaths than that natural disaster is. They say pray to the Lord, when the Lord is the one that sent the disaster in the first place since he is the almighty.

Organized religion is a "Having cake and eating it too" caste of people who feel they can have it good in the best of times....and the worst of times. And if they can't....well....they will just kill you.

Welcome to Organized Religion. :goodjob:

well said sir! :goodjob: It's just a damn shame you had to explain it...

Glides
01-14-2010, 08:08 AM
well said sir! :goodjob: It's just a damn shame you had to explain it...

Yea. I hated I had too but I look at this like a McDonalds Coffee incident.

Christianity is just like any other entity....such as the US Government, McDonalds, Auto Zone.....what have you. When there is a wrongful death or bodily harm, we will NOT hesitate to sue the living hell out of any one of those entities for that infraction.

Enter religion. Everyone just blindly accepts it's misgivings and poor track record in dealing with it's shadier side. We need to actually take it to task for the past. Just like we are doing with Slavery. We are FAST to bring lawsuits against the current administrations for something that WE had nothing to do with, it was the people in the past.

So I say, let's sue the Catholic church for Human Rights Violations throughout history. The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, the rampant spread of Christianity by oppression, torture and death. I feel someone should be accountable for all of this and the Catholic Church looks like teh richest target.

I want my Coffee Settlement by goodness. ;)

StreetHazard
01-14-2010, 08:16 AM
And that is just Christianity, you haven't even mentioned Islam! And if you lumped them both together and listed all of the human rights infractions you might actually run out of characters this sight will allow you to post.

I will simplify my earlier post even further.

If you are a believer, and you pray to god after a natural disaster. It would be like thanking the mass-murderer for all the killing.

SPOOLIN
01-14-2010, 09:15 AM
how about don't live on a fault line.

OUTLAW
01-14-2010, 09:53 AM
i my self live in the caribbean st.thomas us virgin islands you the know thing with new orleans and katrina it was a my god poor no we need to send money all the celebs on tv for fuckin no but noooo when its not on there mainland most americans dont give a fuck unless it directly affects them. thts why i didnt feel sorry for the people of no cause people in the caribbeanm deal with this type of shit all the time but my prayers go out to the familys that lose there loved ones.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 09:57 AM
thts why i didnt feel sorry for the people of no cause people in the caribbeanm deal with this type of shit all the time

Wow. What a true test of character, man. Props to you. Later, QD.

OUTLAW
01-14-2010, 10:07 AM
o really come on with the bullshit QD u know its the dam treat when NO got there tragedy the whole of fuckin america was baby sittin there ass for wht 2 to 3 years givin all of them money and shit and wht they do with tht money come to atlanta and fuckin it up more than it already was. and thts a hurricane it gives u warning u know when and where it will hit and at wht time so i dont feel sorry for them if they didnt make the leviess stronger or secure there city so yes i said fuck the people of NO now a earthquake is much diff there is no warning it just happeds notthin u can do to prepare for it so i ask u who has it worst the people of hati or the people of no
Wow. What a true test of character, man. Props to you. Later, QD.

Glides
01-14-2010, 10:18 AM
o really come on with the bullshit QD u know its the dam treat when NO got there tragedy the whole of fuckin america was baby sittin there ass for wht 2 to 3 years givin all of them money and shit and wht they do with tht money come to atlanta and fuckin it up more than it already was. and thts a hurricane it gives u warning u know when and where it will hit and at wht time so i dont feel sorry for them if they didnt make the leviess stronger or secure there city so yes i said fuck the people of NO now a earthquake is much diff there is no warning it just happeds notthin u can do to prepare for it so i ask u who has it worst the people of hati or the people of no

Dude. you REALLY need to learn how to type. Reading your posts is like eating glass. How do you go through life not being able to write?

And....do you want to know WHY we took care of New Orleans and Katrina victims? It's because it's on OUR LAND! It is THE SAME THING that ANY OTHER country would do.

You sure as fuck didn't see Japan, or China, or Haiti for that matter coming to help us when Katrina hit did you? Hell no.....but, we are ALREADY heading over to Haiti if you pay attention to the news instead of rolling your face across the keyboard.

An Aircraft Carrier loaded with aid is en route and will arrive in a couple days. Along with the French who are already there and others. So is this a tragedy? Certainly. Is America doing something about it, you bet your ass they are.

So step off your soap box Captain Typo and look at the bigger picture because you know what? If The Virgin Islands got smashed by a Hurricane and folks were laying around dead and dying, your self included, some of the first people on the scane....would be Americans and then you would be kissing our ass like the rest of the world does when it wants something.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 10:20 AM

I let a black man die a few days ago and didn't even feel sorry for him because I was robbed by a few black dudes 20 years ago. So I see your point of view. Later, QD.

AirMax95
01-14-2010, 10:22 AM
I look in this thread and I am kind of lost.

How does everyone feel about hurricanes in Fl, tornadoes in the Midwest, earthquakes/mudslides/wildfires on the west coast? When a disaster hits in America, do you still feel the same way? Do you tell people they are dumb for living in the same area that the hurricanes comes each year?

Religious or not, you guys didn't have to come in here and bash prayer. If you are not religious, leave the thread be. People lost their lives no matter how you slice it. I mean damn, have some compassion. The OP has family there that could be among the dead and you have the nerve to talk shit? This is not the WL.

C'mon guys! I'm not trying to tell you how you should live, but somethings are better left unsaid.

REV.olution
Wow this is a disgusting thread. And for clarification, I do not think keeping someone in prayer is a physical act, but mental. Therefore, you are not praying that their physical condition is transformed, as much you pray for spiritual & mental guidance - subsequently giving them the power to move on and mentally defeat the trials that lay before them. PS QD, I Hope you post is a parody on the idiocy in this thread; if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.

quickdodgeŽ
Dude. you REALLY need to learn how to type. Reading your posts is like eating glass. How do you go through life not being able to write?

And....do you want to know WHY we took care of New Orleans and Katrina victims? It's because it's on OUR LAND! It is THE SAME THING that ANY OTHER country would do.

You sure as fuck didn't see Japan, or China, or Haiti for that matter coming to help us when Katrina hit did you? Hell no.....but, we are ALREADY heading over to Haiti if you pay attention to the news instead of rolling your face across the keyboard.

An Aircraft Carrier loaded with aid is en route and will arrive in a couple days. Along with the French who are already there and others. So is this a tragedy? Certainly. Is America doing something about it, you bet your ass they are.

So step off your soap box Captain Typo and look at the bigger picture.

So true, man. I don't know of any other country that goes to the aid of other countries in times of need than America. The Russians don't send troops over here. The Chinese don't. No one does. But let a catastrophe happen anywhere on this Earth and see if the USA isn't one of the first on the scene to provide help however they can. Later, QD.

AirMax95
01-14-2010, 10:28 AM
So true, man. I don't know of any other country that goes to the aid of other countries in times of need than America. The Russians don't send troops over here. The Chinese don't. No one does. But let a catastrophe happen anywhere on this Earth and see if the USA isn't one of the first on the scene to provide help however they can. Later, QD.

Well said, along with the quoted post. Aid was sent pretty damn quick to help with the search, clean up, and rebuild.

REV.olution
01-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't think the argument was if or if not America kicks ass, instead, I think the original purpose of the thread was to lift up the spirits Haiti. Regardless of the their race, creed, ethnicity, economic status, gang affiliation etc. They're human beings, and because of that some compassion should be in our hearts.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
I think the original purpose of the thread was to lift up the spirits Haiti.

It was the original topic, but some misguided person decided to voice his thoughts about America and he had to be straightened out. So just relax. Later, QD.

Glides
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I let a black man die a few days ago and didn't even feel sorry for him because I was robbed by a few black dudes 20 years ago. So I see your point of view. Later, QD.

I belly laughed on this one. :goodjob:

REV.olution
01-14-2010, 10:51 AM
Not to contradict myself, but I'd rather trade Haiti's suffering for Lane Kiffin and his two face antics.

Glides
01-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Wow this is a disgusting thread. And for clarification, I do not think keeping someone in prayer is a physical act, but mental. Therefore, you are not praying that their physical condition is transformed, as much you pray for spiritual & mental guidance - subsequently giving them the power to move on and mentally defeat the trials that lay before them. PS QD, I Hope you post is a parody on the idiocy in this thread; if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.

ACTUALLY. You can thank your black brothers for your races problems with the slave trade. The slave trade was actually started by your own people enslaving prisoners of tribal conflicts. Then the Portugese bought the slaves. This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves. Get your story straight.

If you want to point fingers, you can start by pointing them at your own ancestors....and then the Portugese. Funny how nobody ever thinks that way eh? Always the White Man's fault.

AirMax95
01-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Pointing fingers solves nothing....please scratch that topic because IA as a whole can't handle it. Those that perpetuated it are as guilty as those who "started" it.

This thread is about the tragedy in Hati, and uplifting the spirits of those affected by the quakes. Can we please get back to that simple point.

Thanks in advance.

Glides
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Pointing fingers solves nothing....please scratch that topic because IA as a whole can't handle it. Those that perpetuated it are as guilty as those who "started" it.

This thread is about the tragedy in Hati, and uplifting the spirits of those affected by the quakes. Can we please get back to that simple point.

Thanks in advance.

Good point. Back on topic.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 11:28 AM
PS QD, I Hope you post is a parody on the idiocy in this thread;

In the 1987, I went to a concert. It was a place known as the Omni (now known as Phillips Arena). The performers at this concert were The Fat Boys, Dana Dane, Salt-N-Pepa and Heavy D. As I was waiting outside the Omni doors, I was accosted by 6 black men who proceeded to rob me. After this show, I was robbed again buy the same 6 with an added 20-30 more. If that made me hate black folks, then I would have to hate one of my own daughters. Think about it.

if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.

An eye for an eye, huh? So the possibility that I had an ancestor own a black person 200 years ago is a valid reason for me to be robbed by a black person now? I've now found yet another reason why racism won't die.

Btw, through family research I've learned that no one in my family was slave owners. Now the black guys that robbed me should feel bad.

And those same black guys became friends of mine for years following that robbery. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Good point. Back on topic.

Agreed. Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
01-14-2010, 12:16 PM

QD, I respect you man, mad props to you.

But just to interject something, a lot of countries (myself included), did help in some sort of form when Katrina hit. Most gave donations to the Red Cross, which in turn assisted many of the victims in the US.

Just wanted to set that straight.

Glides
01-14-2010, 12:31 PM

But just to interject something, a lot of countries (myself included), did help in some sort of form when Katrina hit. Most gave donations to the Red Cross, which in turn assisted many of the victims in the US.

I agree with you to a certain point except the fact that you are not a country. ;)

But QD is right. When catastrophes happen worldwide. The USA is pretty much expected to rush and help out. Americans are some of the most notewarthy in the world for sending dollar contributions to charities. No other country in the world that I am aware of has the amount of charities that America has. There is not a Feed the hungry in China or Russia that sends aid to the USA. That is simpy because they do not feel that we need it yet our homeless are growing and the number of those without food grows daily.

Do not get me wrong, we are NOWHERE near the level of Haiti. Whatever Haiti has done or not done in regards to America, they are still people and people need to be helped.....and that is why America is sending troops for security, aid for survivors and supplies for everyone.

OUTLAW
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
i would love to meet you in person so i could have just a little fun with you. make you beg for mercy just a little fun. show you what you military taught me about torture.
ACTUALLY. You can thank your black brothers for your races problems with the slave trade. The slave trade was actually started by your own people enslaving prisoners of tribal conflicts. Then the Portugese bought the slaves. This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves. Get your story straight.

If you want to point fingers, you can start by pointing them at your own ancestors....and then the Portugese. Funny how nobody ever thinks that way eh? Always the White Man's fault.

5speed
01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
I never said anything about natural selection...? Actually I was watching it as the second plane happened in my math class in 8th grade. I thought it was a bad thing but what can you do to change it. Nothing! All you can do is make precautions for the future. They should be helped though because it simply is the right thing to do. I do not care if it is in the U.S.A or not. Location doesn't make it better or worse.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 12:47 PM

I understand what you're saying. And help in any shape or form is always welcome, I'm sure. But my reference was to the fact that the US doesn't just send off donations. Military forces are mobilized to these disaster areas. Thousands of people are sent from here to these places. People from all walks of life hop on planes and fly to these spots to help rebuild homes and communities. No one from Korea flew to New Orleans. No one from Belgium did either.

Now I don't mean that to downplay any help that people from other countries give to the US because, like I said, help is help and it's all appreciated.

As far as OUTLAW is concerned, it's got to be sad to be his soul to have the feelings he has towards people. Later, QD.

5speed
01-14-2010, 12:59 PM
i would love to meet you in person so i could have just a little fun with you. make you beg for mercy just a little fun. show you what you military taught me about torture.
That is sad. Is that what your military training taught you to do?

Torture is gutting a person and pulling out their intestines and twisting barbwire around them and tying them to a tree and have a African Wild Dog chase you around in circles until he catches you or your intestines run out so you cant run anymore.

Torture is putting someone in a box that they just barely can get inside of and put them in water to float. Everyday nailing a 9 inch nail in to puncture the victims skin, until they give information or dead.

Just sayin'...and no I didn't come up with these in my twisted head. These are actual tortures used by regimes to conjure up vital information.

bodhi
01-14-2010, 01:16 PM
I know that my first post in this thread made me out to sound like an asshole, but in all honesty, I cannot stop crying over here.... I mean, it's funny how at least 100k ppl are dead, and I just shrug my shoulders. If a 1000 people died in a western city from some kind of disaster I'd be glued to cnn.

I guess not all people are born equal

OUTLAW
01-14-2010, 01:27 PM
and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like ao well tht gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that. and speaking of helping how many og have you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self use i was n the us army and dam pround of it served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done
I know that my first post in this thread made me out to sound like an asshole, but in all honesty, I cannot stop crying over here.... I mean, it's funny how at least 100k ppl are dead, and I just shrug my shoulders. If a 1000 people died in a western city from some kind of disaster I'd be glued to cnn.

OUTLAW
01-14-2010, 01:29 PM
and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like o well they gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that. and speaking of helping how many of you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self yes i was n the us army and dam pround of it i served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done

bodhi
01-14-2010, 01:32 PM
You quoted me, responded to someone else, and duplicated your post... pure genius.

5speed
01-14-2010, 01:37 PM
and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like o well they gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that. and speaking of helping how many of you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self yes i was n the us army and dam pround of it i served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done

I have helped but I am not going to sit here and talk about it. How do you know some of these people you are arguing haven't volunteered to help out in a time of need? Don't sit there and assume that you are the only righteous one here bc you served in the military. I am glad you are pround of it, but I will say I am something better than that of you. I am proud of you.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 02:23 PM

I didn't gather any sense from this post.

and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard

What you DID say was that you don't give a fuck about the people of New Orleans because "americans dont give a fuck unless it directly affects them." How inhumane is that? Did the people of New Orleans do something to you to cause you to feel no compassion for them? How do you know that they didn't give a fuck? You usually don't make any sense with your post and this post is no exception.

and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city. most of you really wouldnt give a shit if this happed n cali most of u would have been like ao well tht gets quakes all the time who told them to move to cali some out the ass answer like that.

I'm from Cali.

and speaking of helping how many og have you have volunter to help out any one but your dam self use i was n the us army and dam pround of it served i didnt sit here and piss and moan i actually served this country in peace and at war wht the fuck have you done

There you go with assuming shit, man. What makes you think I haven't done anything? Because I disagree with everything you say? Later, QD.

AirMax95
01-14-2010, 02:31 PM

Ok, where was this going?

ISAtlanta300
01-14-2010, 02:33 PM
I understand what you're saying. And help in any shape or form is always welcome, I'm sure. But my reference was to the fact that the US doesn't just send off donations. Military forces are mobilized to these disaster areas. Thousands of people are sent from here to these places. People from all walks of life hop on planes and fly to these spots to help rebuild homes and communities. No one from Korea flew to New Orleans. No one from Belgium did either.

Now I don't mean that to downplay any help that people from other countries give to the US because, like I said, help is help and it's all appreciated.

As far as OUTLAW is concerned, it's got to be sad to be his soul to have the feelings he has towards people. Later, QD.

Yes, Agreed 100%.... in a way, it is a shame that smaller countries and islands do contribute, albeit monetarily, while the bigger countries, that may have the resources (military, equipment, supplies) do not offer assistance.....

No one should expect islands like Haiti, and others in the caribbean to send planes full of military and volunteers to New Orleans, because they simply do not have the resources. It is more often the island communities and people that give with their hearts through monetary donations.

Of course, when disaster strikes abroad, the US will offer the most substantial assistance, as it is also the more resourseful country.

ISAtlanta300
01-14-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree with you to a certain point except the fact that you are not a country. ;)

WHatcha mean? Never heard of Petoria? LOL (family guy)

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes, Agreed 100%.... in a way, it is a shame that smaller countries and islands do contribute, albeit monetarily, while the bigger countries, that may have the resources (military, equipment, supplies) do not offer assistance....

I wouldn't say it's a shame. As I said earlier, any help is better than no help. And of course the US is in a position to be able to help the world out. It would be ludicrous to expect small island nations or smaller ill-resourced countries to be able to provide assistance on the same scale.

I've been there. Went to a pool party there once. Later, QD.

5speed
01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
While I agree that we need to send people and equipment...send billions is just a bailout for a poor country that was mismanaged and had a natural disaster. Where does it all end? I think, left to our own devices, we will donate plenty through charity without the govt giving away money that we don't have to begin with.

Edit: Yes billions is an exaggeration.

djpikachu1
01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
I just donated $15 to the red cross, any little can help, and you guys talking bad about what happened and the people there, going to hell with gasoline draws on :lmfao: and that one dude talkin about 9/11, anybody with common sense knows that shit was an inside job:yes: everybody is entitled to their own opinions, i already know someone will quote me and talk shit go ahead be in denial and hate and read my signature:D

StreetHazard
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
I just donated $15 to the red cross, any little can help, and you guys talking bad about what happened and the people there, going to hell with gasoline draws on :lmfao: and that one dude talkin about 9/11, anybody with common sense knows that shit was an inside job:yes: everybody is entitled to their own opinions, i already know someone will quote me and talk shit go ahead be in denial and hate and read my signature:D

This is brilliant, and eloquent. I am not in denial but awe inspired at the majestic beauty of your words and lack of rep. They resonated inside me with such power I think my balls twitched. It's tough for anyone to judge someone by their screen name, but if I was in a club and they announced a "DJ Pikachu" was going to be on next, I think I would throw my beer bottle at the turn tables.

quickdodgeŽ
01-14-2010, 10:23 PM
and that one dude talkin about 9/11, anybody with common sense knows that shit was an inside job

Lolol. \/ \/ \/

everybody is entitled to their own opinions,

You're certainly right about that. Later, QD.

EssexCounty
01-15-2010, 07:08 AM
I look in this thread and I am kind of lost.

How does everyone feel about hurricanes in Fl, tornadoes in the Midwest, earthquakes/mudslides/wildfires on the west coast? When a disaster hits in America, do you still feel the same way? Do you tell people they are dumb for living in the same area that the hurricanes comes each year?

Religious or not, you guys didn't have to come in here and bash prayer. If you are not religious, leave the thread be. People lost their lives no matter how you slice it. I mean damn, have some compassion. The OP has family there that could be among the dead and you have the nerve to talk shit? This is not the WL.

C'mon guys! I'm not trying to tell you how you should live, but somethings are better left unsaid.

Thanks man. I don't even know why I posted on here to begin with.

Kainedogg
01-15-2010, 07:16 AM
I am not going to do a thing to help, but they have my useless condolences.

EssexCounty
01-15-2010, 07:23 AM
I never said anything about natural selection...? Actually I was watching it as the second plane happened in my math class in 8th grade. I thought it was a bad thing but what can you do to change it. Nothing! All you can do is make precautions for the future. They should be helped though because it simply is the right thing to do. I do not care if it is in the U.S.A or not. Location doesn't make it better or worse.

I was upset that at a time like this people could shrugg their shoulders. (not pointing fingers at you) All that I was looking for was the comfort of knowing that the Atlanta tuner community would take time out an do what they can to help my family. I apologize if my comment made this turn into something way off topic. But, I'd like to thank those of you that have done what they could.

For those of you who are concerned I'm glad to report that my grandparents are okay. BUT..... my uncle maybe be buried under rubble at a school.

EssexCounty
01-15-2010, 07:28 AM

Appreciate your donation. The point that I was trying to make (an failed horribly) was the way we came together. All I wanted was for IA to come together for a common cause an help.

Glides
01-15-2010, 08:01 AM

Are you on medication?

What's funny about that this is, I was ALSO in the Military big guy, you ought to think about what you say before you say it. I'm not some punkass kid running my mouth simply because my parents let me stay on late. I served in Desert Storm and have details in my Service Record blacked out, if you were in the Military, you ought to know what that means. So if you are going to show me what you learned about menacing helpless people tied up to a chair, save your breath.

So let me get this straight, just so we can all understand.

You are in a Religious thread, about lifting and helping a people....and you are E-thugging me over factual history of a race? All I can say to you is "LOL FAIL"

See, here is how this would go down if we did meet up. You would run your mouth, threaten me, possibly even lay hands upon me. And then....i'd dial up the people that protect and serve me and have your dumb ass arrested, put in jail and then i'd sue the living shit out of you because, since you are so fucking stupid, you have already threatened me in a public forum. So I would just hit you right where it hurts the most, your wallet. Then when it's all said and done, i'll wave at you as you are sent packing back to the Virgin Islands and are back on the PC face rolling your keyboard and typing with your feet.

If you learn ONE thing from this, which you probably won't simply because you seem pretty stupid, NEVER threaten someone. ALWAYS act first, never threaten first. Didn't the Military teach you that Captain Waterboard? They sure as hell taught me that when I went through Boot Camp, SERE School, Offensive Driving school and the other fun schools that I got to participate in.

Think on that Brainiac.

Glides
01-15-2010, 08:03 AM
and qd when did i say tht america has done noting to help out other countries. what i was stating is that most americans dont really give a shit about anything or anyone unless it happeds in the own back yard and i dont mind on the mainland i mean n there own state or city.

Welcome to the WORLD dude. NOBODY cares much about shit unless it happens in THEIR country.

If an Earthquake hit downtown New York today, you wouldn't see Haiti sending shit over here. But oh.....we are sending troops, supplies and a Hospital ship.

So honestly, stop your whining.

tony
01-15-2010, 08:08 AM
how about don't live on a fault line.

Like the one we have running through Georgia?

Appreciate your donation. The point that I was trying to make (an failed horribly) was the way we came together. All I wanted was for IA to come together for a common cause an help.

You have to consider the environment, IA is very much different from other forums and many people say things more to get a reaction rather than offer anything useful. Think about it, someone has the "oh I could care less" attitude but they took the time to post multiple times here. If they don't care about the cause they care about your attention otherwise they wouldn't post.. so don't give the satisfaction.

As far as Haiti goes, I'm donating now and I wish there was more I could do. I wish every night I'd get that call that our unit is headed that way to offer help but its probably not going to happen. At the core these people are human beings, and not all of them are Haitian. We have U.S citizens there working at the U.S Embassy as well as the Peace Corps that work there continually. Humanity isn't racial, and it shouldn't be. There is someone out there that cannot help their selves and although I'm not much of a person that turns to prayer, i do hope they get that help.

Glides
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM

LOL you get reps for that one :D

Glides
01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
I was upset that at a time like this people could shrugg their shoulders. (not pointing fingers at you) All that I was looking for was the comfort of knowing that the Atlanta tuner community would take time out an do what they can to help my family. I apologize if my comment made this turn into something way off topic. But, I'd like to thank those of you that have done what they could.

For those of you who are concerned I'm glad to report that my grandparents are okay. BUT..... my uncle maybe be buried under rubble at a school.

I completely missed that your family was there. You have my sorrow for that. It is very sad and I can say with 100% assurity that I would be upset in your position too.

The fact that it was in the Religious section, which is a hotly debated topic, overshadowed the fact that you had family involved and for that, I am ashamed. My apologies for missing that fact. I am glad your family is alright and wish your Uncle to be found safely.

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2010, 08:20 AM
You have to consider the environment, IA is very much different from other forums and many people say things more to get a reaction rather than offer anything useful. Think about it, someone has the "oh I could care less" attitude but they took the time to post multiple times here. If they don't care about the cause they care about your attention otherwise they wouldn't post.. so don't give the satisfaction.

I know that my "multiple" postings have been to defend the name of this country against an obviously not-so-smart individual. I can't do anything to help as I haven't worked in 5 months. I do, however, really feel for everyone down there. When I watch the news, I am truly saddened by what I see. I'm not a person that lacks compassion for anyone else. Later, QD.

djpikachu1
01-15-2010, 02:46 PM

I understand but not alot of people are on the same page you are on, as you can see

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I understand but not alot of people are on the same page you are on, as you can see

Nor you. Later, QD.

5speed
01-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I am glad to see that your family has been found and hope to hear that they find your uncle. I think I just matured a bit from this thread. You simply asked for prayers bc that is what you believe will help them spiritually and I respect that. No need for bashing on religion when a person never asked for your opinion on the subject. I am sorry if I may have offended you and posted unnecessary things. It simply wasn't a time to express our contradicting opinions. We could either give our condolences and/pray for your family or leave the thread.

quickdodgeŽ
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I am glad to see that your family has been found and hope to hear that they find your uncle. I think I just matured a bit from this thread. You simply asked for prayers bc that is what you believe will help them spiritually and I respect that. No need for bashing on religion when a person never asked for your opinion on the subject. I am sorry if I may have offended you and posted unnecessary things. It simply wasn't a time to express our contradicting opinions. We could either give our condolences and/pray for your family or leave the thread.

I agree completely. And I apologize for all the off-track comments I made in here as well. Later, QD.

EssexCounty
01-15-2010, 06:39 PM
I just want to thank all of you , and I'll be sure to let you know when he is found.

Got Milk?
01-15-2010, 10:36 PM

Ohh my fucking god, go back to school and learn how to fucking type. :love:

5speed
01-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Ohh my fucking god, go back to school and learn how to fucking type. :love:
x2 I'm not into illiterate soldiers.

Me86Rob
01-16-2010, 06:49 AM
to the OP. quit acting like you give half a shit about Haiti. If you really did, you would have been down there helping out their poor asses before this disaster.

on a side note, i saw some pics of the aftermath. All I can say is wow.
It looks like the earthquake caused lots of improvments :ninja:

let the -reps flow

One_Bad_SHO
01-16-2010, 08:09 AM

Theres a difference between a natural disaster and murder.

REV.olution
01-16-2010, 09:42 AM
I am sorry for the late response Glides but I find it crucial that I defy your historical statement. First and foremost this is not an historical thread, and would have no problem teaching you whatever you would like to know, whether that be through text, phone, email, or. Secondly, if you read my post correctly, my direction was not focusing on the deaths of over 13 million slaves, but on the monstrosities American minority civilians dealt with post Civil War/ 13th Amendment. Therefore, because this thread is somewhat sardonic, allowing nothing but sad uneducated internet thugs to dispose their racist comments, I will not entertain the hurtful comments. But what I will, and I repeat will, attempt to defend, is anyone in or outside of this thread that is being prosecuted or inaccurately defined by history; by someone with no historical degree, no field experience, no masters, no PhD, no qualifications, never read an unbiased first hand historical BOOK, etc. etc. And I repeat, this is not a reply insulting the character of anyone in this thread, instead, this is a plea that if we are not specializing academically in a specific field, or cannot provide unbiased commentary on a subject - REALLY how serious can someone really take our comments. Are we speaking through experience, have we studied and read as much as we possibly could; and subsequently, when we make a bold statement, something that drastically infringes on the character of some human being, and we do not take precaution what does that say about ourselves. Is our voice even worthy of being heard?

The Creeper
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
I love how people all of a sudden care about that shithole of a country now that they had a "tragedy." Haiti has been one of the worst countries on the planet for decades, yet no one ever cared. Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money. Just look at the Haitians in Miami, they are 99% pure scum. So do I feel bad that their country just got pwned? No. I also disagree with the fact that America always feels the need to jump on every opportunity to help another nation out. We have our own god damn problems, we don't need to be sending all this aid over there, when there are American children dieing on the streets from starvation.

REV.olution
01-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Why do you think Haiti is in such bad condition. Have you ever heard of the Revolution of Saint-Domingue? In 1791 Haitian slaves revolted and defeated the French & Napoleon, establishing itself as the only "successful" slave rebellion in modern history. If these men were white they would be celebrated as heroes, but because of their novelty, they instead faced exclusion and all other Western countries refused to trade with Haiti. Haiti was left in shambles, and only allowed to import good; those of us with a background in economics import with no export = pwned. Therefore, the and I repeat the, wealthiest colony in the Caribbean soon became the finest example of Western Capitalism. So, is it America's initial responsibility to help Haiti - not quite, but because our government does recognize the injustices done to this country, I find it fitting that aids be dispersed to a country that is not only close in location, but close in religion (Roman Catholic), and close in their diaspora search (people not inhabiting their original nation.)

The Creeper
01-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Why do you think Haiti is in such bad condition. Have you ever heard of the Revolution of Saint-Domingue? In 1791 Haitian slaves revolted and defeated the French & Napoleon, establishing itself as the only "successful" slave rebellion in modern history. If these men were white they would be celebrated as heroes, but because of their novelty, they instead faced exclusion and all other Western countries refused to trade with Haiti. Haiti was left in shambles, and only allowed to import good; those of us with a background in economics import with no export = pwned. Therefore, the and I repeat the, wealthiest colony in the Caribbean soon became the finest example of Western Capitalism. So, is it America's initial responsibility to help Haiti - not quite, but because our government does recognize the injustices done to this country, I find it fitting that aids be dispersed to a country that is not only close in location, but close in religion (Roman Catholic), and close in their diaspora search (people not inhabiting their original nation.)

I understand what you are saying here. The truth of the matter is though, you can not save every country in need. Our country is in a tremendous amount of debt. We are no longer in a position to be sending out all this help. It would be like if I was 100,000 in debt right now, and then a random homeless person asked me for a couple grand; I would look like an idiot to give him that, wouldn't I? America's government has a responsibility to it's tax payers, not to Haiti. Call it inhumane, or cruel, or whatever other term you can come up with, but that is the fact of the matter.

tony
01-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I love how people all of a sudden care about that shithole of a country now that they had a "tragedy." Haiti has been one of the worst countries on the planet for decades, yet no one ever cared. Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money.

Yes because there are absolutely no whites in Haiti.. I've seen at least 2 that are missing from the Atlanta area alone. It's funny how this whole "we have our own problems" sentiment jumps up now but Iraq is justified. :thinking:

to the OP. quit acting like you give half a shit about Haiti. If you really did, you would have been down there helping out their poor asses before this disaster.

on a side note, i saw some pics of the aftermath. All I can say is wow.
It looks like the earthquake caused lots of improvments :ninja:

let the -reps flow

I

The man has a personal stake in whats going on there genius.

The Creeper
01-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Yes because there are absolutely no whites in Haiti.. I've seen at least 2 that are missing from the Atlanta area alone. It's funny how this whole "we have our own problems" sentiment jumps up now but Iraq is justified. :thinking:

I never agreed with Iraq. I also don't agree with Afghanistan. America needs to mind it's own business right now and get OUR shit together. Is it a nice thing for America to help out Haiti? Yes, of course it is. Just silly in my opinion. That country has been a shithole forever, so if anyone truly cared about them, they would of been helped out a long time ago.

tony
01-16-2010, 12:36 PM
I never agreed with Iraq. I also don't agree with Afghanistan. America needs to mind it's own business right now and get OUR shit together. Is it a nice thing for America to help out Haiti? Yes, of course it is. Just silly in my opinion. That country has been a shithole forever, so if anyone truly cared about them, they would of been helped out a long time ago.

I wasnt speaking to you directly on Iraq, I should've separated that statement.

Me86Rob
01-16-2010, 01:29 PM

Well Im sorry for his loss but I dont retract my previous statement. People seem to only seem to be concerned about 3rd wold countries after they get obliterated by natural disasters. Who on this site can honestly tell me they put foward a vallient effort to make Haiti a better place before this disaster? and the same goes with that big ass title wave a few years back. We like to pretend that we care and its bullshit and im tired of it. When katrina happened, Did Haiti give a flying fuck about us? No. And kudos to them. They didnt care before, and they arent shallow enough to pretend like they cared after it happened just so we will think "oh how nice are they"

To the OP. Im sorry for your loss, but it is wha it is.

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2010, 02:28 PM
Well Im sorry for his loss but I dont retract my previous statement. People seem to only seem to be concerned about 3rd wold countries after they get obliterated by natural disasters.

That's not entirely true, Rob. There have been organizations trying to help people in Africa for decades. I can remember as far back as the 70s where they had people doing commercials saying, "for less than a quarter a day, you can help feed a child" and stuff like that. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
01-16-2010, 02:42 PM
That's not entirely true, Rob. There have been organizations trying to help people in Africa for decades. I can remember as far back as the 70s where they had people doing commercials saying, "for less than a quarter a day, you can help feed a child" and stuff like that. Later, QD.

im not saying everybody, but the general public. Sally Struthers doesnt count. Were any of the poeple that have made threads about Haiti on import atlanta acutally in Haiti before this shit happened trying to help? No. Thats what im getting at. Most people only "care" after a disaster. But in all reality, that place has always been a disaster.

http://i47.tinypic.com/zy8x8y.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2010, 02:51 PM
im not saying everybody, but the general public. Sally Struthers doesnt count. Were any of the poeple that have made threads about Haiti on import atlanta acutally in Haiti before this shit happened trying to help? No. Thats what im getting at. Most people only "care" after a disaster. But in all reality, that place has always been a disaster.

http://i47.tinypic.com/zy8x8y.jpg

I see what you're saying. I think it sucks that the entire world can't be as great as the USA, but it is what it is. I do feel for the people in any other country that lives the way they do. I know i can't do anything about it, but hope that one day, things will greatly improve for them. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
01-16-2010, 03:21 PM
I see what you're saying. I think it sucks that the entire world can't be as great as the USA, but it is what it is. I do feel for the people in any other country that lives the way they do. I know i can't do anything about it, but hope that one day, things will greatly improve for them. Later, QD.
I dont feel that the USA is that great to be honest. But I'm here and making the best of it.

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2010, 03:24 PM
For my lifestyle, I have zero complaints, lolol. I couldn't be happier. Later, QD.

One_Bad_SHO
01-16-2010, 05:16 PM
I dont feel that the USA is that great to be honest. But I'm here and making the best of it.

Move to france.

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2010, 05:34 PM
Move to france.

I used to think the same thing (and still really do in a way), BUT, there's no real reason to say it. It's his right to voice his opinion. This is a right that was protected for him by the troops who fought to keep these rights. It may be a slap-in-the-face to the servicemen and women who participated in his right to say this, but that's just how it is. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
01-16-2010, 06:27 PM
In the end its just my own personal opinion. Just because I think differently then other people doesnt mean im going to try to push my opinion on them. Different people require different things to cater to their needs, and I feel that living where I do is preventing me from it. But if you guys are happy being here, thats all that matters. Its not about where is the best place to live, its where you can live that will make you the happiest.

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2010, 06:49 PM
In the end its just my own personal opinion.

That's what I was saying above. I disagree wholeheartedly with your stance on America, but you do have the right to feel/speak on it how you wish. And I respect that. Later, QD.

Me86Rob
01-16-2010, 06:58 PM
That's what I was saying above. I disagree wholeheartedly with your stance on America, but you do have the right to feel/speak on it how you wish. And I respect that. Later, QD.
Well Im sure that you have good reason to disagree with me in your 90 years of being here, and maybe when im pushing daisys ill see things differently. Im not ruling that out, but for now, i dont like how shit is going. We need to make changes, starting with getting rid of the federal reserve and income tax, both of which are complete BS and unconstitutional in my opinion.

5speed
01-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Well Im sure that you have good reason to disagree with me in your 90 years of being here, and maybe when im pushing daisys ill see things differently. Im not ruling that out, but for now, i dont like how shit is going. We need to make changes, starting with getting rid of the federal reserve and income tax, both of which are complete BS and unconstitutional in my opinion.
That is in the constitution. 16th I believe.

quickdodgeŽ
01-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Well Im sure that you have good reason to disagree with me in your 90 years of being here, and maybe when im pushing daisys ill see things differently.

Lolol.. I'm not that old! But I've always been happy, man. Later, QD.

One_Bad_SHO
01-16-2010, 08:55 PM
I used to think the same thing (and still really do in a way), BUT, there's no real reason to say it. It's his right to voice his opinion. This is a right that was protected for him by the troops who fought to keep these rights. It may be a slap-in-the-face to the servicemen and women who participated in his right to say this, but that's just how it is. Later, QD.

I'm just exercising my right to voice my opinion that he and Michael Moore should move to france. :goodjob:

Me86Rob
01-16-2010, 09:11 PM
I'm just exercising my right to voice my opinion that he and Michael Moore should move to france. :goodjob:

I dont michael moore. I still think the country can be salvaged with a few minor changes.

One_Bad_SHO
01-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I dont michael moore. I still think the country can be salvaged with a few minor changes.

I can agree with that. First change: Impeach Obama. ;)

Me86Rob
01-17-2010, 02:53 AM
That is in the constitution. 16th I believe.
A guy named Bill Benson, a few years back, went to every state capital for proof of each states ratification of the 16th. for an amendment to be ratified, 3/4 of the states need to vote yes. there were 48 states in 1913 when the amendment was on the table, and 11 of the states NEVER EVEN VOTED. Knowledge is power!!

quickdodgeŽ
01-17-2010, 07:28 AM
A guy named Bill Benson, a few years back, went to every state capital for proof of each states ratification of the 16th. for an amendment to be ratified, 3/4 of the states need to vote yes. there were 48 states in 1913 when the amendment was on the table, and 11 of the states NEVER EVEN VOTED. Knowledge is power!!

My understanding is that only 3 states didn't vote for it. Several of the states that did vote for it had a misconstrued idea of what they were voting for and reversed their decision after they were made clear. And of course several other discrepancies within that whole ordeal. I'm not saying the country is perfect or even near it at all with my proclamation of happiness. Later, QD.

Glides
01-18-2010, 09:34 AM

He thinks that, because it IS in that bad of condition. The entire country is poverty stricken, there is NO building code, it was ripe for disaster. That is WELL known throughout the world. Then you attempt to discredit his thoughts by reciting the history of Haiti. While that history is a rich and interesting history...it has NOTHING to do with what he was talking about. He was talking about the current state of affairs in Haiti, NOT their history. Everything he said was dead on the money. Your history basically has no bearing on what he said.

As for you teaching me the History of the Slave trade. Please, you may IM me and show me where I am incorrect as to the origin of it. I never once condoned it, or said it was right. You are correct, White Americans are reponsible for attrocities against the Black race for hundreds of years, I never once dis-credited that. Had you read what I said completely, you would have seen that. But just to help you out, here is what I said.

You see what I said there? I said that your own people STARTED it, then the Portugese CONTINUED it. I didn't say that some of our ancestors had nothing to do with it. They were simply oppurtunists. Was what they did horrible? Hell yea, it was. I don't agree with it one bit. What I stated is that nobody....and I mean nobody, blames your Ancestors for what they did or the Portugese for what they did. They just pin the blame on the White man.

EssexCounty
01-19-2010, 07:04 AM

First off I went this summer, just stfu yo. you don't know shit bout me.!

EssexCounty
01-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money.

I just love how everyone imagines Haiti as being savages.

EssexCounty
01-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Friday evening I came home said hey to my dad dropped off my bags in my room and walked past his room again. When I pasted him the second time he said they found his body......!

Haiti or specifically Port-au-Prince is no different from any hood in America. We have on down sides but if you look hard enough you will find some good. For those of you that go strictly off of what you see on tv. GROW UP! We have beach resorts that would never make the news because the overall idea of Haiti being the poorest country makes a better head line story. When I went to Haiti I thought it was going to be like I saw and heard. But I went hoping for the best an that was an experience that I'll never forget.

For those of you that are angry because America is always helping other countries. Other countries is what makes America what it is...! I'm grateful to have been born in America. I appreciate those of you that took the time out. God Bless

tony
01-19-2010, 07:45 AM
For those of you that are angry because America is always helping other countries. Other countries is what makes America what it is...! I'm grateful to have been born in America. I appreciate those of you that took the time out. God Bless

Exactly, 90% of us are immigrants regardless of what anyone believes.

Lankhoss
01-19-2010, 09:54 AM
http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/01/19-0

PROŽ
01-19-2010, 11:50 AM
this thread is full of ignorance.

Imagine this : Me as a white american goes to Haiti. What do you think would happen? More than likely they would slit my throat and steal my money. Just look at the Haitians in Miami, they are 99% pure scum. So do I feel bad that their country just got pwned? No.

ignorance.

Welcome to the WORLD dude. NOBODY cares much about shit unless it happens in THEIR country.

i'd agree.

if not, its not only absurd, but ironic that a white person would complain about a black person committing a petty crime against them, after white Americans has committed grotesque injustices against innocent black men for hundreds of years.

Yea, that has been done for hundreds of centuries, but I don't see any problem with one individual complaining about another individual committing a petty crime against them, regardless of either individual's race.

The slave trade in the sense you speak of it did not start with Africans...hence the distinction "Transatlantic Slave Trade". Yes, sometimes people from other tribes were captured during times of war, and became slaves, but not slaves in the way you refer to it as. These slaves were enslaved for a time period, and after their debt was paid, they were eventually released and able to a) marry within the tribe or b) go back to their origin. There wasn't "slave labor"...you worked just as hard as your captor would work. It wasn't lifelong, generation passing, breeding, emasculating, rape, mutilating nor indentity/culture/language destroying and furthermore inhumane chattel slavery. THAT is what American slavery was.

This went on for oh...around 200 years before whites even got into selling and transporting slaves.

who did they sell and transport them to? lol. ohh, okay.

With that said, I am wayyyy off topic from the OP, lol.

I'm praying for Haiti.

Lankhoss
01-19-2010, 12:50 PM

ignorance.

i'd agree.

Yea, that has been done for hundreds of centuries, but I don't see any problem with one individual complaining about another individual committing a petty crime against them, regardless of either individual's race.

The slave trade in the sense you speak of it did not start with Africans...hence the distinction "Transatlantic Slave Trade". Yes, sometimes people from other tribes were captured during times of war, and became slaves, but not slaves in the way you refer to it as. These slaves were enslaved for a time period, and after their debt was paid, they were eventually released and able to a) marry within the tribe or b) go back to their origin. There wasn't "slave labor"...you worked just as hard as your captor would work. It wasn't lifelong, generation passing, breeding, emasculating, rape, mutilating nor indentity/culture/language destroying and furthermore inhumane chattel slavery. THAT is what American slavery was.

I'm praying for Haiti.

Way to put your own personal agenda in front of the issue at hand here.

Are you telling everyone about praying for Haiti in hopes that anyone who reads the thread will think better of you?

PROŽ
01-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Way to put your own personal agenda in front of the issue at hand here.

Are you telling everyone about praying for Haiti in hopes that anyone who reads the thread will think better of you?

Personal agenda? Lol personal agenda being...

Think better of me because...

You aren't making ANY sense.

What are you talking about Lankhoss?

Glides
01-19-2010, 05:19 PM

Yes...it is, and you just added to it because you, like Revolution, only read what you wish to see.

Interesting. So in all that, you say that Slavery was not the way I put it....but here.

I'm praying for Haiti.

You asked who they sold the very same people that you say were not the same slaves too?

Make up your mind dude. And please, read up on history and how it relates to what I said. African slavery started with Africans. End of story. They were either sold to each other, where yes, they could intermarry and it was by far the least devestating form of slavery, but it was still....slavery. Or, they were sold to the Arabs. Which was worse, but still not as bad as being marched to the coast and sold to the Europeans. Which was the worst.

But either way....they were sold by THEIR OWN PEOPLE!.

Let's not even get into the fact that the slave trade involving Blacks, is still alive and well to this day. They outlawed Slavery in Niger in ....2003! and it there are still slaves there to this day. Sudan, Mali, Mauritania, Ethiopia. Slavery of African Americans in the USA was terrible 400 years ago, for sure. But I don't see the people who NEVER suffered slavery jumping up to help people that are still being enslaved. Think on that.

Thank you, /discussion on Slavery.