PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods anti camber tires??

JdM_EJ2
01-13-2010, 10:18 AM
ive heard that there is a tire that wont camber without having a camber kit. Is it true? i really dont know much about tires so appreciate any help

Nerdsrock22
01-13-2010, 10:26 AM
ive heard that there is a tire that wont camber without having a camber kit. Is it true? i really dont know much about tires so appreciate any help

Do you mean that it won't get camber wear?

JdM_EJ2
01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Do you mean that it won't get camber wear?yea there you go sorry wasnt really thinkin when i wrote this lol

Nerdsrock22
01-13-2010, 10:33 AM
yea there you go sorry wasnt really thinkin when i wrote this lol

No problem. I seriously doubt there are any, as camber wear results from an unaligned or improperly aligned suspension. I suppose that tires that wear slower in general, would, in turn, also show camber wear slower, but I suppose an expert would have to attest to that assumption.

JdM_EJ2
01-13-2010, 10:40 AM
No problem. I seriously doubt there are any, as camber wear results from an unaligned or improperly aligned suspension. I suppose that tires that wear slower in general, would, in turn, also show camber wear slower, but I suppose an expert would have to attest to that assumption.so if i get an alignment that would help the camber wear?cause mine are starting to camber pretty bad and i cant afford the camber kit for my car rite now so i wanted to know if there was a way getting around buying a camber kit or at least slowing the camber wear down

Nerdsrock22
01-13-2010, 10:42 AM
so if i get an alignment that would help the camber wear?cause mine are starting to camber pretty bad and i cant afford the camber kit for my car rite now so i wanted to know if there was a way getting around buying a camber kit or at least slowing the camber wear down

You need an alignment. It will fix the camber wear. A camber kit just allows you a greater control over your camber settings.

Turbodude06
01-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Doesn't Nitto have a camber tire????

JdM_EJ2
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
You need an alignment. It will fix the camber wear. A camber kit just allows you a greater control over your camber settings.oh ok thanks alot

Doesn't Nitto have a camber tire????yea that what i was told about Nitto

n00bsrus
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM
shit if you find some anti-camber wearing tires let me know... hahaha my air ride is doing WORK to my tires.

Turbodude06
01-13-2010, 10:46 AM
^Yea I could have sworn they had a tire made for cambered cars....

Turbodude06
01-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Google searched Nitto
http://importtuner.automotive.com/62767/0605-impp-nitto-tires/index.html

This explains it better
http://www.hubcap-tire-wheel.com/nitto-neo-gen-tires.html

I know my wifes civic had some Nitto Neo Gens on it, and they never wore uneven and it was slamed... And it handled
realy good too....

JdM_EJ2
01-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Google searched Nitto
http://importtuner.automotive.com/62767/0605-impp-nitto-tires/index.html

This explains it better
http://www.hubcap-tire-wheel.com/nitto-neo-gen-tires.html

I know my wifes civic had some Nitto Neo Gens on it, and they never wore uneven and it was slamed... And it handled
realy good too....yup thats what i had heard! thanks

blown_ss
01-13-2010, 07:33 PM
yes they are called nitto neo gens. they were made for cars that are slammed with bad camber.

Nerdsrock22
01-13-2010, 07:38 PM
yes they are called nitto neo gens. they were made for cars that are slammed with bad camber.

Weird. I actually have those on my wheels right now.

sina518
01-13-2010, 11:34 PM
this still wear just not as bad as other tires. there will never be a such thing as a camber tire these are all marketing techniques so that people in the import scene buy more nitto tires. if you have neg camber the only way to fix it is with chamber plates. if your car is at a stock height then an alignment will get it back to spec however some cars have no chamber adjustment. most lowered cars have neg camber mostly in the front some in the back. my suggestion is get camber plates they last longer than tires, and cost less in the long run.

goi_ek
01-14-2010, 12:00 AM
yea neo gens supposedly help

ATL86
01-14-2010, 08:40 AM
An alignment won't help your camber wear, fyi. There are no factory camber adjustments on your Civic. You won't be able to correct negative camber without suspension modification or purchasing camber kits.

As for Nitto Neo Gens, I suppose they slightly prolong the inevitable with a tougher shoulder material (many tire companies incorporate wear solutions), but there is no miracle tire that prevents camber wear.

blown_ss
01-14-2010, 10:16 AM
this still wear just not as bad as other tires. there will never be a such thing as a chamber tire these are all marketing techniques so that people in the import scene buy more nitto tires. if you have neg chamber the only way to fix it is with chamber plates. if your car is at a stock height then an alignment will get it back to spec however some cars have no chamber adjustment. most lowered cars have neg chamber mostly in the front some in the back. my suggestion is get chamber plates they last longer than tires, and cost less in the long run.

is this coming from someone that has used nitto neogens? i think not. they do work but will not fix the whole problem. i would still get a camber kit. since he needs tires then why not get something that is going to help him?

yerrow
01-14-2010, 11:05 AM
camber wear is a myth, its more about toe

sina518
01-14-2010, 02:50 PM
is this coming from someone that has used nitto neogens? i think not. they do work but will not fix the whole problem. i would still get a camber kit. since he needs tires then why not get something that is going to help him?

yea this is coming from someone who has owned neo gens. i had them on my bmw that was lowered on h and r race springs with bilstein shocks and they still wore down and were not that great of a tire i would have rather dropped 275 on chamber plates

blown_ss
01-14-2010, 03:30 PM
yea this is coming from someone who has owned neo gens. i had them on my bmw that was lowered on h and r race springs with bilstein shocks and they still wore down and were not that great of a tire i would have rather dropped 275 on chamber plates

you do make a good point on the camber kit but he still needs new tires and i know that they work. they dont wear down as fast as other tires would.

jadakid88
01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
neo gens suck ass

sina518
01-14-2010, 08:53 PM
you do make a good point on the camber kit but he still needs new tires and i know that they work. they dont wear down as fast as other tires would.

if it wasnt a good point i wouldnt have suggested it, i understand he needs tires but he is better off buying some generals, or nexens and a camber kit, than buying some neo gens and 6 months down the road having to change tires again. if you look, were the tire would sit on the inside is alot wider than the outside thats why they claim better camber wear but still wears.

sina518
01-14-2010, 08:54 PM
trust me i have had enough camber issues to know what the best options would be

yerrow
01-14-2010, 10:28 PM
"set the toe and let it go"

ATL86
01-15-2010, 09:40 PM

There is such a thing as camber wear, same as toe. Do you believe those VIP stances won't wear tires if the vehicle is pointing straight?

yerrow
01-15-2010, 10:40 PM
do you think yuou're always driving on a perfectly straight and perfectly smooth road?

yes camber angles play a roll, but the larger roll is played by toe angle

marcos713
01-16-2010, 12:08 AM
do you think yuou're always driving on a perfectly straight and perfectly smooth road?

this is true. my passenger front wheel has a toe and that tire always wears down faster than the other side.

to the op, why dont you just raise your car back up, well if you have adjustable suspension.

ATL86
01-16-2010, 05:10 PM
do you think you're always driving on a perfectly straight and perfectly smooth road?

Of course not. I was referring to your implication that a toe and go will result in no tire wear, even if camber is 2 degrees or more negative. If I set the toe on a vehicle so that both fronts are straight, total toe is perfect, thrust angle is 0.00, etc., the tires will still wear on the shoulder.

Mista Foe-Doe
01-16-2010, 05:13 PM
there called nitto neogens they are made for camber

TheChosenOne
01-16-2010, 06:17 PM
I had a set on my accord. I literally wore them down in about 3 months of daily driving around Gwinnett. Worst extra money I ever spent.

sprix!
01-17-2010, 10:36 AM
this still wear just not as bad as other tires. there will never be a such thing as a chamber tire these are all marketing techniques so that people in the import scene buy more nitto tires. if you have neg chamber the only way to fix it is with chamber plates. if your car is at a stock height then an alignment will get it back to spec however some cars have no chamber adjustment. most lowered cars have neg chamber mostly in the front some in the back. my suggestion is get chamber plates they last longer than tires, and cost less in the long run.

Camber. Not Chamber. Camber. I would agree with yerro here. Though camber wear is measurable and problematic, toe wear is probably more destructive and evident.

S13_Chody
01-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Nitto Neo Gens are the shit!

JdM_EJ2
01-17-2010, 10:45 AM
to the op, why dont you just raise your car back up, well if you have adjustable suspension.got springs and dont like at stock height...

ima just saave up for a camber kit sucks tho casue there like almost 5 bills for legit kits...im not a ebay type person

thanks ia:goodjob:

silverDA
01-17-2010, 11:41 AM
$500 for a camber kit?

skacore
01-17-2010, 12:12 PM
A lot of 8th gen civics have this problem, save for the camber kit. There are TSBs for a lot of the r18 civics because of the negative camber in the rear.

Sol-Badguy
01-17-2010, 12:39 PM
I've been running Neogens for a while. Yes, they do wear fairly fast. If you look, the only have a 280 treadwear rating. The only time I REALLY wore them down fast, was a weekend at the dragon with really shitty suspension.

umairejaz
01-17-2010, 12:51 PM

Damn, about time there was some truth to this tread.

green91
01-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Sounds like a bunch of people who don't have experience with alignments talking in this thread. Camber wear is very real. Yes, having your car toe in or toe out with cause tires to wear out more quickly, it is usually across the entire surface area of the tire. Camber will wear out the inside or outside more prominently depending on whether its negative or positive respectively.

silverDA
01-17-2010, 01:57 PM
last time i got alinement dude said the car was too low he couldnt get a wrench on it.in the end he said it could be done for $40dollars extra.true story,this place is strickly tire in stockbridge.

JdM_EJ2
01-17-2010, 02:57 PM
$500 for a camber kit?
pretty close to it with tax s/h for 8th gen civics

DVSRX-7
01-24-2010, 11:05 PM
OP is a dumbass.

they are called NITTO NEO GENS! they don't do magic, just help when your slammed

tdurr
01-25-2010, 12:59 AM
OP is a dumbass.

they are called NITTO NEO GENS! they don't do magic, just help when your slammed

lulz.

Humphrizzle
01-25-2010, 01:08 AM

*camber

GTScoob
01-25-2010, 01:21 AM
OP is a dumbass.
For sure. Installing springs when he doesnt have the budget for an alignment?!?!?

Put your stock springs back on, save up the money to do your mods right. Right now your car looks OK, probably handles like shit, and is wearing through your tires. You obviously cant afford to set up your suspension correctly, and instead of solving the problem and getting camber plates and a good alignment the first time, you're looking to waste more money on the bandaid solution of these ricer Nitto tires. Working on cars is like cutting wood, measure twice, cut once. Do your HW so you only have to install parts once.

I think what Yerrow was saying was that camber wear is pretty negligible if you're running a decent street alignment, IE -1.5 -2.0 or so on each corner, nothing drastic like VIP cars.

JdM_EJ2
01-25-2010, 10:44 AM
OP is a dumbass.

they are called NITTO NEO GENS! they don't do magic, just help when your slammedfunny driftbitch lol

DVSRX-7
01-25-2010, 04:08 PM
funny driftbitch lol

at least i don't have to use "camber proof tires" hahaha :gay:

Sol-Badguy
01-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Sounds like a bunch of people who don't have experience with alignments talking in this thread. Camber wear is very real. Yes, having your car toe in or toe out with cause tires to wear out more quickly, it is usually across the entire surface area of the tire. Camber will wear out the inside or outside more prominently depending on whether its negative or positive respectively.

I'm suspecting OP has more of a toe problem than anything.