PDA

View Full Version : IDEA for the IA Calender (Not Rens) ** Please Read*

Nemesis
10-25-2005, 08:17 PM
I thought about this idea and I think itll work.

Here is the idea:

Everyone goes and takes shots of their own car ( under a specified resolution stated by whomever is getting it created and anything less is inadmissable). This means you take your own car, do your own personal photoshoot, with your own camera or the help of someone else. Once you get the pictures you like, have them submitted to Paul or someone else that is in charge for the final decision on the top 25-30 shots. Then have Paul pick out the top 25-30 shots he likes and post them in a main thread where people vote on the desired numbers they like. After polling is over the Top 12 are placed in the Calender in no particular order.

The reason why I think this idea is perfect:

- It cuts down on drama and provides an unbiased decision making process for who reps IA in the Calender. It not only pleases the makers of this site, which have the ultimate decision making power, plus it pleases the members by providing a voting system.

- It cuts down on having to schedule a meeting time for photoshoots. Everyone takes pics on their own time and their place that they desire.

- It gives everyone the oppurtunity to submit something, whether you are well known on IA or not. Who knows, there might be a diamond in the rough on this forum (no dsm pun intended :) )

-It saves time! The calender can be produced quicker with less hoops to jump through to get the project done.

-IT gives people a perspective on what to expect in the calender rather than purchasing blindly and getting disspointed when opening it up.

So what do you all think? Hell even the top photgraphers here on the site can volunteer their own time to help other members that dont have nice equipment!

:goodjob:

D16Civic
10-25-2005, 08:23 PM
that sounds like i good idea :goodjob:

99ITRGIRL
10-25-2005, 09:12 PM
great idea George!!!

HalfBaked
10-25-2005, 09:13 PM
I'd say I'm down, but my car is ugly.

fawk_you
10-25-2005, 09:33 PM
By George I think he's got it. :lmfao:

99ITRGIRL
10-25-2005, 09:34 PM
lol

The Ren
10-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Well.. according to Paul his project is my project.. Whatever IA votes on.. Im heading up..

soxfan30
10-25-2005, 09:50 PM

Here is the idea:

Everyone goes and takes shots of their own car ( under a specified resolution stated by whomever is getting it created and anything less is inadmissable). This means you take your own car, do your own personal photoshoot, with your own camera or the help of someone else. Once you get the pictures you like, have them submitted to Paul or someone else that is in charge for the final decision on the top 25-30 shots. Then have Paul pick out the top 25-30 shots he likes and post them in a main thread where people vote on the desired numbers they like. After polling is over the Top 12 are placed in the Calender in no particular order.

I don't like this idea really, simply because I can almost guarantee 95% of the pics that are submitted will not be taken on a professional camera, and therefore, using that, even with editing, as a final print will still look poor. Nevermind the fact that if people really want to participate, there will be an absolutely ridiculous amount of pictures to look through and that would delay the process further. Think about it...rather than having 24 cars as Karen has now...you'd be looking through anywhere between 2 and 4 times that amount, because you know people will take pics of their cars even if they suck.

- It cuts down on drama and provides an unbiased decision making process for who reps IA in the Calender. It not only pleases the makers of this site, which have the ultimate decision making power, plus it pleases the members by providing a voting system.

It wasn't an unbiased process. People nominated cars they wanted to see. People who are to be in the calendar were also voted on.

- It cuts down on having to schedule a meeting time for photoshoots. Everyone takes pics on their own time and their place that they desire.

I can guarantee that even if people submit pics of their own cars, the creators of the calendar might want to take pics in another location that might be more to their liking and whatnot. Creating a calendar is a lengthly process as it is...don't need to increase the time involved if it's unnecessary.

-It saves time! The calender can be produced quicker with less hoops to jump through to get the project done.

The calendar would take more time to produce if they went ahead with your ideas. More photos to look through and analyze, editing, cutting through the crap...it would take twice as long.

-IT gives people a perspective on what to expect in the calender rather than purchasing blindly and getting disspointed when opening it up.

I'm sure someone will post what will be in the calendar before it's put up for sale. No one will purchase it blindly if they pay attention in the forums and read what's going into it.

I think all of this is stemming from the fact that some people feel like they got shafted out of being in the calendar. My advice is that if you don't like it, make your own. Simple as that.

Nitro
10-25-2005, 09:59 PM
yeah....what SOXFAN30 said........ :D

Nemesis
10-25-2005, 10:02 PM
It wasn't an unbiased process. People nominated cars they wanted to see. People who are to be in the calendar were also voted on.

Actually the cars chosen for Rens calender were chosen by the Girls of the calender, not IA as a whole. I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THIS. BUT, If you read the threads carefully, Paul is apprehensive about using IAs name so loosely. People nominated cars, but that was about it, and there was no voting process. You dont pay attention. I dont have a problem with that previous calender because it was Rens project. I understand why Paul intervened as well.

I can guarantee that even if people submit pics of their own cars, the creators of the calendar might want to take pics in another location that might be more to their liking and whatnot. Creating a calendar is a lengthly process as it is...don't need to increase the time involved if it's unnecessary.

Hello, this site is called Import ATLANTA. Having Atlanta backdrops provides a wide variety of scenery to showcase cars on different backdrops. Why would the admins have a problem with this. It gives the calender a flavor and allows people to be creative. Ive helped create a calender for a board before, as well as having some of my shots featured in the WRX Fanatics calender as well. I think I might know a little about what im talking about.

The calendar would take more time to produce if they went ahead with your ideas. More photos to look through and analyze, editing, cutting through the crap...it would take twice as long.

Bull. If you provide a smallest resolution limit for the shots, most shitty cameras wont be able to replicate it, thus counting out a lot of photos. There are MANY talented photographers on this site that can provide assistance and time. Myself included. There are three admins on this site that can help sift through the best shots submitted. They will dedicate the time if its for the good of IA, you can count on that. Quality takes time and dedication, and thats what needs to go in this calender since its using IAs name.

I'm sure someone will post what will be in the calendar before it's put up for sale. No one will purchase it blindly if they pay attention in the forums and read what's going into it.

I think all of this is stemming from the fact that some people feel like they got shafted out of being in the calendar. My advice is that if you don't like it, make your own. Simple as that.

If you're comment was directed towards me, and you think I feel like I was shafted? You are sorely mistaken. I dont want to be in the calender because I feel like there are WAY more than 12 cars on this forum that deserve to be showcased rather than my own. If you were thinking otherwise, you can take your opinion and shove it. If you werent directing that towards me, then disregard my last comments.

The Yousef
10-25-2005, 10:06 PM

Here is the idea:

- It gives everyone the oppurtunity to submit something, whether you are well known on IA or not. Who knows, there might be a diamond in the rough on this forum (no dsm pun intended :) )

So what do you all think? Hell even the top photgraphers here on the site can volunteer their own time to help other members that dont have nice equipment!

:goodjob:

...i honestly like the idea:goodjob: (no disrepect Ren)

Nemesis
10-25-2005, 10:08 PM
Please nobody get me wrong. I honestly had no problem with Rens plan!! This was just towards Pauls calender. I love ya Ren!!! :(

The Ren
10-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Please nobody get me wrong. I honestly had no problem with Rens plan!! This was just towards Pauls calender. I love ya Ren!!! :(

Nah Its kewl.. but like I said.. Pauls Calendar is my calendar.. unless he says otherwise..

The Yousef
10-25-2005, 10:11 PM
btw:

i want dibs on Walker for my photographer!!! :lmfao:

99ITRGIRL
10-25-2005, 10:15 PM
i still think its agreat idea. u can take my pics. ;)

soxfan30
10-25-2005, 10:20 PM
First off, I never said anyone voted on cars, only girls they wanted in it. That still counts as a voting process.

I'm also aware that it's Import ATLANTA. I'm sure everyone has ideas of where they want to take pics and whatnot. Good for them, I'm just saying that anyone who works on it might have a different idea for what might look good or might bring out a shot better.

And lastly in terms of submitting photos, you know in your head that people would still submit shitty looking shots just so they can try to get into the calendar, even if there is a resolution that is set for the photos. But hey, whatever man. Opinions are like assholes....everyone's got them. I respect your opinions and ideas, but I felt like speaking on it.

Oh, and my comment wasn't directed at anyone in general, just an observation that some people seemed to throw a fucking fit about the calendar in general.

Nemesis
10-25-2005, 10:23 PM
First off, I never said anyone voted on cars, only girls they wanted in it. That still counts as a voting process.

I'm also aware that it's Import ATLANTA. I'm sure everyone has ideas of where they want to take pics and whatnot. Good for them, I'm just saying that anyone who works on it might have a different idea for what might look good or might bring out a shot better.

And lastly in terms of submitting photos, you know in your head that people would still submit shitty looking shots just so they can try to get into the calendar, even if there is a resolution that is set for the photos. But hey, whatever man. Opinions are like assholes....everyone's got them. I respect your opinions and ideas, but I felt like speaking on it.

Oh, and my comment wasn't directed at anyone in general, just an observation that people seemed to throw a fucking fit about the calendar in general. Newbie? Cute, thanks for the reminder.

Its all good man, I edited my post, to not sound like a jerk, you know how the internet is. Sorry If I came across that way. Plus like I said, I still think Ren should go with her Girls of IA project. I know id definatly still buy a good bit of calenders from her! But back to the topic of crappy pics; if you give folks deadlines and guidelines, youll be able to sift out most of the junk pictures. People will get lazy or they wont have the right camera to reach the minimum requirement resolution. Either plan they go with I think will require a good bit of time. It just depends on what they want. :goodjob:

99ITRGIRL
10-25-2005, 11:27 PM
everyone ok now? lol

RandomGuy
10-25-2005, 11:59 PM
lol no one cares i bet only like 7 of 'em will be sold... Why buy this when u can get a calendar with real pimp lotuses and TVR's and porsches.

rickgiblin
10-26-2005, 12:15 AM
if theres gonna be hot cars with hot women with it... ill buy 2., one for the homne and one for the shop. but i like the idea. im in

99ITRGIRL
10-26-2005, 12:29 AM
^ I second that!

Dragonfly5338
10-26-2005, 12:40 AM
See? That's what I'm talking about. Maybe put a little blurb about the owner on it or whatever. But I'd do that. Good idea man. :goodjob:

99ITRGIRL
10-26-2005, 12:50 AM
yup, it is

Dark Side
10-26-2005, 02:20 AM
Yeah this sounds like a plan. I am in.....good idea man :goodjob:

Tank
10-26-2005, 09:09 AM
gotta back george up the man is very good with the camera i still find myself staring at the photoshoot he did last weekend. the man works magic and his idea is great personally i dont see why there cant be 2 calendars, and i dont care who heads them Ren came up with a awesome idea and now george has a good idea to, so support to the both heres some examples of georges artistic style. the last shot is my favorite one

LaurenK
10-26-2005, 09:13 AM
I think the cars decided should be between Ren and Paul...if you don't get picked, or they don't approve...oh well.
Just leave it be, why is everyone getting all bent out shape over nothing?

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2005, 09:14 AM
im down...but if mine is to get shot...i want either George or Ga Teg to shoot my car, i kno my pix will come out baaaaaaaaaaad

A.P. Photography
10-26-2005, 09:17 AM
I agree George does good work. However the first pic he should have used a PL filter. The reflections of the concrete cause the Supra to look like the 1/4 panel is primered. A PL filter would have cut that down. Either that or relocate the cars. The first thing I notice in that pic is it looks like the Supra just got primered. (George this is not a slam to you, I do the same thing to Jaime ;) )

The other two look good but placement would have been a little better in certain areas but Black is a hard color to shoot anyway.

And if you are wondering, yes I spend way too much time on Photography sites talking to the pro's. I just don't have that $4,000 Nikon 1dx :(

The Ren
10-26-2005, 09:19 AM
Paul Will be putting something up in a min to squash all this controversy...

LaurenK
10-26-2005, 09:21 AM
THANK GOD! YAY!

The Yousef
10-26-2005, 09:25 AM
wow...those pics looks superb Tank....impressive work George!

LaurenK
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Yea, they are good pics...I love the 1st one.

blacknightteg
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
i like the idea, i think it would give a hell of a lot of differnt flavor to the magazine, or atleast in the picking of the cars and they have to do the photo again because of maybe resolution issues, that they should do it in the same place as before just so that it can keep that differnt flavor

LaurenK
10-26-2005, 09:27 AM
so, what about the girls?

Kelly_Rene
10-26-2005, 09:31 AM
I like the Idea as well, and George you blow me away at taking pictures. *pouts* I need practice :(

The Ren
10-26-2005, 09:32 AM
so, what about the girls?
Give it a few.. Paul will explain EVERYTHING

LaurenK
10-26-2005, 09:34 AM
alrighty

A.P. Photography
10-26-2005, 09:36 AM
im down...but if mine is to get shot...i want either George or Ga Teg to shoot my car, i kno my pix will come out baaaaaaaaaaad

Nemesis
10-26-2005, 09:38 AM
I like the Idea as well, and George you blow me away at taking pictures. *pouts* I need practice :(

Thanks everyone, Im an amateur though lol I need a better camera like yours!!

Kelly_Rene
10-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone, Im an amateur though lol I need a better camera like yours!!

lol yea. I'm an ameture too but I be damned from the pictures you've got it doesn't look like it! Good job. I gotta give you some reps!

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Well, i read the other thread and see thsi idea was not approved which is all good, im down to support IA with either idea....but still good idea George

Nemesis
10-26-2005, 09:48 AM
lol its cool. I tried!