PDA

View Full Version : Best and loudest intake for a ls motor?

#1Beaver
10-25-2005, 07:34 PM
Best and loudest intake for a ls motor?

Or is there a difference in all the AEM INJEN ect. brands?

ash7
10-25-2005, 09:24 PM
there is quite a difference between the BEST and the LOUDEST intake. The best IMO is the Password JDM intake... but the loudest i think is the V2.

And yes, there is a difference in the brands...moreso when it comes to filter technology, but also somewhat in the design dept as well.

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2005, 09:06 AM
well...loud in meaning...i know the Injen intake breathes loud.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 10:50 AM
lol, this is amusing, how about the leaf blower turbo mod...i hear that's pretty loud :tongue:

99SI
10-26-2005, 10:51 AM
lol, b16a2 I know you're hesitant about getting into the air intake threads again. I remember when you were a noob and getting quite a nice schooling from Vteckidd and Bottlefed about the issue. lol. That was a classic thread.

99SI
10-26-2005, 10:52 AM
I would say get a piece of 3 inch pvc and take out a headlight and run it straight out with no filter on it. That should be loud.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 10:54 AM
I would say get a piece of 3 inch pvc and take out a headlight and run it straight out with no filter on it. That should be loud.naww, com'n out the hood man!

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
lol, b16a2 I know you're hesitant about getting into the air intake threads again. I remember when you were a noob and getting quite a nice schooling from Vteckidd and Bottlefed about the issue. lol. That was a classic thread.

yes...i remember :(....i just voiced my opinion and got slaughtered....ahhh the days of noobing....i just said " i liek teh way it breathes"...and from there i was called a ricer and what not, and i dont even have an injen intake Lol....so its this guys turn :lmao:

99SI
10-26-2005, 10:58 AM
lol, you were pumped about how loud it was. lol. noob!

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2005, 10:59 AM
lol, you were pumped about how loud it was. lol. noob!

wtb: deleted thread :lmao:

99SI
10-26-2005, 10:59 AM
naww, com'n out the hood man!
Naw, I like cut the back out of the headlight and the front out and run it out the headlight. That's the shit there, that's straight up drag racer man. :lmfao:

99SI
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
wtb: deleted thread :lmao:
Hellz yeah, if I could get that thread that would be the shit. I'm sure I could find some sig quotes from that. You had no idea who Vteckidd or Bottlefed were and weren't going to back down. HAHAHAHAHA. Damn site crashes.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Naw, I like cut the back out of the headlight and the front out and run it out the headlight. That's the shit there, that's straight up drag racer man. :lmfao:We do that on both our NASA/Honda challenge cars...just the corner light, not the headlight since those tend to come in useful everyonce in a while :)

99SI
10-26-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I've seen several race cars with the corner out and open intake pipe. Wouldn't want it on a DD though. lol.

speedminded
10-26-2005, 11:10 AM
Yeah, I've seen several race cars with the corner out and open intake pipe. Wouldn't want it on a DD though. lol.exactly, it's not needed and it's nice to have a turn signal on the highway...even if half of atlanta doesn't know what one is. :tongue:

single_cam_ham
10-26-2005, 06:56 PM
whatever happened to, "Best gain for the money?"...This thread sucks...

loudest intake....my gawd...

Vuongy_Dong
10-27-2005, 10:11 PM
:confused: Why would you want a loud ass intake for? to make it sound fast?

Vteckidd
10-28-2005, 11:58 AM
TWM ITBS

/thread

Vuongy_Dong
10-28-2005, 02:33 PM
TWM ITBS

/thread
Let me know how it performs. Kevin talks alot about ya.

KevinT707
10-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I say who cares, it's just an intake

BTLFED
10-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Hellz yeah, if I could get that thread that would be the shit. I'm sure I could find some sig quotes from that. You had no idea who Vteckidd or Bottlefed were and weren't going to back down. HAHAHAHAHA. Damn site crashes.

Ummm....it's BTLFED. There is some dude that spells it out like you did...not the same person. Mine is the tag I have had on my CRX for years....with the bottle inside....before it was F&F trendy.

BTLFED
10-28-2005, 11:25 PM
whatever happened to, "Best gain for the money?"...This thread sucks...

loudest intake....my gawd...

+1. People like THIS and the loudest BOV fag are the reason the "scene" is dying a slow and painful death. :rolleyes:

DIAF

99SI
10-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Ummm....it's BTLFED. There is some dude that spells it out like you did...not the same person. Mine is the tag I have had on my CRX for years....with the bottle inside....before it was F&F trendy.

I knew there was one that was BTLFED and one that was spelled out and I couldn't remember which was you. I knew he would remember though. lol. My bad, no disrespect, you're just not posting as much as you used to since you left Nopi. I don't get to see those good flame jobs that You are so famous for enough anymore. lol.

BTLFED
10-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I knew there was one that was BTLFED and one that was spelled out and I couldn't remember which was you. I knew he would remember though. lol. My bad, no disrespect, you're just not posting as much as you used to since you left Nopi. I don't get to see those good flame jobs that You are so famous for enough anymore. lol.

Yeah, it kinda sucks, and I didn't take it as disrespect, but I have been confused with this other dude before:

Guy: So your BottleFed?
Me: Yeah.
Guy: Your Integra is slow as fuck.
Me: Considering I don't and have never owned an Integra....things that don't exist usually are slow.

Aparently this guy got his ass handed to him or something. I don't know, but I don't want people to confuse the two. I came first, damnit.....on here and the Import Lounge.

I don't even know who the other guy is. I have never met him.

99SI
10-29-2005, 11:26 AM
^^^Yeah, I remember the first time I saw the guy post I asked Mike if you had changed your name. lol. He told me what happened and said that you weren't happy that someone was infringing upon your SN. lol. Oh well.

BTLFED
10-29-2005, 11:55 AM
^^^Yeah, I remember the first time I saw the guy post I asked Mike if you had changed your name. lol. He told me what happened and said that you weren't happy that someone was infringing upon your SN. lol. Oh well.

Immitation is the best form of flattery, I guess.

DrivenMind
10-29-2005, 03:31 PM
I think AEM's V2 is the loudest and I believe Injen CAI's usually show the best gains... although I've never looked into them much.

The Injen in my Corolla was purchased off e-bay for $80. It was brand new when I got it so I'd say it was a steal.

Vuongy_Dong
10-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Estis Fatuus, When are u ever gonna get your car running?

KevinT707
10-30-2005, 05:58 PM
I was about to ask the same thing, I believe he said in a couple weeks. He's the video man so he needs to get his car up with the quickness

Estis Fatuus, When are u ever gonna get your car running?

Vuongy_Dong
10-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I was about to ask the same thing, I believe he said in a couple weeks. He's the video man so he needs to get his car up with the quickness
yup. We IA peeps need some new videos.

DrivenMind
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
lol, it's the fuckin mechanic. Apparently bleeding brakes, and popping in a new Final Gear takes longer than a week. Those bastards. I need to meet more Ia people so someone can pick my happy ass up and I can still film.

Vuongy_Dong
10-31-2005, 01:27 PM
lol, it's the fuckin mechanic. Apparently bleeding brakes, and popping in a new Final Gear takes longer than a week. Those bastards. I need to meet more Ia people so someone can pick my happy ass up and I can still film.
You already know many peeps yo!