PDA

View Full Version : i need more info....

Master Shake
01-12-2010, 01:47 PM
so after a loooong time of thinking of what of direction i want to go with schooling, i think i may have figured out what i want to do and i want to ask the world of IA what they think.

i'm wanting to go back for mechanical engineering.

is there ANYONE who is working in this field? i'm looking for all the information i can on it and want to know about the schooling/classes for this.

i've already hit up google and shizz and got some info, but looking for a more in depth look into it and have someone with first hand experience to tell me about the kind of jobs they are/have done. i know the basics of the field just lookin for more info into it.

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 02:05 PM
If you are anywhere near Ga Tech, or a school that offers it. Go talk to professor/advisor.

Master Shake
01-12-2010, 02:08 PM
If you are anywhere near Ga Tech, or a school that offers it. Go talk to professor/advisor.i might have to, only downside is, there is no place around here that teaches it. so i will have to go out of town for it either way. i was hoping i could get some more info without having to drive an hour+ for it.

+9 for you anyway!

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Where are you located? Plan a day to drive to the city and make the most of it. They are pretty raw at Tech. You will get the ups and downs of the majors from those professors, lol.

wow
01-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Mechanical engineering is a very broad field to get into. Many jobs for that degree program. My aunt is one and all she does is test equipment for KIA. But for more info you should try to contact any school like itt tech, devry, or ga tech and ask them for a brochure for that program. Also in your search you should try to find out if Atlanta has a steady demand for it. What i messed up on is not researching that and i have a degree in computer and electronics engineering but Atlanta has very little demand for that.