PDA

View Full Version : Need some ISPs around GNett

Stormhammer
01-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Gave CLEAR a shot - worked great, except when the tower craps out, an dtheir customer service is meh -_-

Anyone know is Comcast Fiber/Uverse/FIOS is out here?

What else is good

stillaneon
01-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Sprint has 4g service and their cards come with a 3g radio back up

Stormhammer
01-12-2010, 02:04 PM
... for the internet?

gtikid
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Don't even mess with Comcast. Gah that service is GARBAGE. We switched from DSL to Comcast to try out their "higher speeds". That was bullshit, we were getting the same speeds as with DSL. And on top of that, the damn thing has been shutting down and not getting service since day 1. It went out again this past Friday and I STILL have no internet at home.

I can check your address for DSL and Uverse to see if it's available in your area if you want

Black Mamba
01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
free internet, son.

stillaneon
01-12-2010, 02:36 PM
... for the internet?

yeah

Psycho
01-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Gave CLEAR a shot - worked great, except when the tower craps out, an dtheir customer service is meh -_-

Anyone know is Comcast Fiber/Uverse/FIOS is out here?

What else is good
I know I don't get Verizon's FIOS out where i live in gwinnette, but you should check and see if you do. I hear its the shiznit

JConner
01-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I have never had an issue with comcast. Speed is always fast, TV always works. Although if I could get u-verse I would since I work for AT&T...discount!

Psycho
01-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Comcast has really spotty coverage areas. In some places it works great, in others (like my neighborhood) the internet service will drop out for hours at at time. They seem to have a problem with not having enough IP's for all of their subscribers.

gtikid
01-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Comcast has really spotty coverage areas. In some places it works great, in others (like my neighborhood) the internet service will drop out for hours at at time. They seem to have a problem with not having enough IP's for all of their subscribers.

Same here. Drives me insane

antiv6
01-12-2010, 04:00 PM
for home internet we have charter, its good but comcast is faster. We use to have AT&T (bellsouth) and it was horrible, they tried like 5 routers to get it to stay connected and nothing worked right.