PDA

View Full Version : RACIST MOMENT?

EL42
01-12-2010, 11:18 AM
i was at a starbucks in conyers with a co worker. i'm black wit dreads down my back and she's an older white woman. i hold the door open for my co worker she walks through. this elderly white lady comes up behind her,so i continue holding the door. the elderly lady looks me up and down with this wierd look on her face,stands by the door and doesn't move. as soon as i let go the door she holds handle and walks out the door.

my co worker said "that was so racist",i was like i'm not sure what jus happened. so my white co worker is pissed and i jus don't get it.
was that a racist moment?

81911SC
01-12-2010, 11:19 AM
Women logic at work

Njobe
01-12-2010, 11:21 AM
she thought you were going to rob her.

Echonova
01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
I think it has more to do with the fact that most "kids" these days don't know how to respect an elder much less hold a door for a woman. She was probably in shock someone had manners.

I see no racise.

ATLTSX
01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
lol you scared her. Hard to tell what the old lady was thinking but i doubt there was any racism there.

EL42
01-12-2010, 11:28 AM
:lmfao: well she did have a nice latte,but i'm a chocolate milk kinda guy.
and your sig cracks me up.

EL42
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
like i said my co worker was pissed. it didn't bother me.

swimshark
01-12-2010, 11:32 AM
how old would you say the lady was? i know some older people are still somewhat racist. i about jaw dropped when my grandmother used the N word and she is 93. depends on their generation and all the things that went on and what has stuck in their minds.

who knows with this situation. she could have been in shock or she could have been thinking something else.

xxbckiexx
01-12-2010, 11:35 AM
wasn't racist. you're black with dreads. that's you're fault for looking like a spook. get a hair cut like a normal human being, and dress like a well mannered individual, and she probably would've gone through the door normally. ( that is of course if this situation has offended you in any way). Otherwise, brush your shoulders off, keep being you, and move on with life as you intended before this retarded stereotyping wench of an old woman judged you.

BKgen®
01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
It's only racist if she was holding a noose.

EJ25RUN
01-12-2010, 11:40 AM
I think she's jealous of your dreads.

She hatin.

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM

This is probably the answer, lol.

Or

She doesn't feel like being too close to a colored
She is an independent women who can do for herself
She didn't want you looking at the junk in her trunk
She was going to rob you
She pooped her pants and couldn't move

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 12:02 PM
wasn't racist. you're black with dreads. that's you're fault for looking like a spook. get a hair cut like a normal human being, and dress like a well mannered individual, and she probably would've gone through the door normally. ( that is of course if this situation has offended you in any way). Otherwise, brush your shoulders off, keep being you, and move on with life as you intended before this retarded stereotyping wench of an old woman judged you.

I approve of that right there in them there bolded letters there.:goodjob:

EL42
01-12-2010, 12:33 PM
how old would you say the lady was? quote]
um in her 80's?
[quote=xxbckiexx;38704806] Otherwise, brush your shoulders off, keep being you, and move on with life as you intended before this retarded stereotyping wench of an old woman judged you.
:thinking: didn't bother me.

It's only racist if she was holding a noose.:doh:

I think she's jealous of your dreads.

She hatin.:lmfao:

She was going to rob you
:dunno:

xxbckiexx
01-12-2010, 12:41 PM
:thinking: didn't bother me.

It made some sort of impact, as you're posting about it. Either way, it's remedial.

bdydrpdmazda
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
It's only racist if she was holding a noose.
this...

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 12:44 PM
:dunno:

Trust me....it was one of them, lol. I have been in your shoes, minus the dreads.

tony
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
It made some sort of impact, as you're posting about it. Either way, it's remedial.

Just curious, when was the last time it happened to you?

bdydrpdmazda
01-12-2010, 12:58 PM
everythings a fucking racist moment people

xxbckiexx
01-12-2010, 01:04 PM

If I had long dreads down to my back, and dressed like a skater punk, I'm sure it would happy often. I know this because I have friends who dress this way and get dirty looks from old people often.

So rev. Al Sharpton, don't be so quick to pull the "well you don't know cuz you don't experience it" card. You choose your appearance, and if you're looked down by society because of it, either you deal with it or you stfu.

I make a point to make myself presentable, at all times. Thus avoiding these situations.

bdydrpdmazda
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
So rev. Al Sharpton
HOLY SHIT, most of your posts are funny as fuck but this one is the best ever...

bdydrpdmazda
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
You havent lived till you walked a mile in Tony's shoes...

STFU, go back to the politics section and defend Obama's every move...

bodhi
01-12-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm sure you reminded her to go buy the new lil' wayne cd, before all the negro kids got out of school

I see no racism there, friend.

tony
01-12-2010, 01:22 PM
You havent lived till you walked a mile in Tony's shoes...

STFU, go back to the politics section and defend Obama's every move...

lol the e-thug role is humorous "STFU" yeah buddy.. I'm a grown ass man not these other boys you like to insult around here so I see through your bullshit.

If I had long dreads down to my back, and dressed like a skater punk, I'm sure it would happy often. I know this because I have friends who dress this way and get dirty looks from old people often.

So rev. Al Sharpton, don't be so quick to pull the "well you don't know cuz you don't experience it" card. You choose your appearance, and if you're looked down by society because of it, either you deal with it or you stfu.

I make a point to make myself presentable, at all times. Thus avoiding these situations.

Oh okay, so it never has.. thanks for responding. :goodjob:

tony
01-12-2010, 01:30 PM
As for the original poster, you never know what someone has been through. The lady could have been robbed before or just intimidated by your presence, who knows. I tend to think there is a difference between racism and prejudice and I'd say what you dealt with was prejudice, its not different than the Arab man that people keep their eye on at the airport or the Mexican that is assumed to live here illegally. It is certainly wrong but the response is dependent on the individual, some turn the cheek and others speak up.

It doesn't seem like you're bothered too much by what happened so I wont go all into it. But when someone tells you that you need to change your appearance to be accepted, it is them who needs to change the way they think rather than you changing how you carry yourself, especially as it pertains to dreads which I consider to be cultural.

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
http://fakap.net/drop/files/mushroom_cloud.jpg

Firefightin_tC
01-12-2010, 02:24 PM
^^ I lul'd.

xxbckiexx
01-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Oh okay, so it never has.. thanks for responding. :goodjob:

has it happened to you? did a little old lady look at you weird because you have dreads to the middle of your back? I didn't think so. So shut the fuck up.

tony
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
has it happened to you? did a little old lady look at you weird because you have dreads to the middle of your back? I didn't think so. So shut the fuck up.

:lmfao:

Thanks for the positive rep btw which I assume was meant to be negative.. its not like I would take anything you post seriously anyway.

JITB
01-12-2010, 03:14 PM
its not the long dreads u should b afraid of, its the short dreads, with the colors, and sea shells.. real goons cant keep dreads, because they keep getting cut off from getting locked up....

xxbckiexx
01-12-2010, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the positive rep btw which I assume was meant to be negative.. its not like I would take anything you post seriously anyway.

it was meant for positive, i don't give out negative reps. It's like throwing up a limp hand and going, "Ugh you ass!"

Tony, i dub thee Rev. Shaprton.

However, your negative rep stating that i'm "not on your level" has about the same effect as you hitting me with your purse. I didn't realize that calling you out on not being as black as you'd like everyone to think, was so hurtful to you.

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
its not the long dreads u should b afraid of, its the short dreads, with the colors, and sea shells.. real goons cant keep dreads, because they keep getting cut off from getting locked up....

He speaks truth here.

JITB
01-12-2010, 03:17 PM
He speaks truth here.

long dreads sell u weed

short dreads take ur weed

Ziptied
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
As for the original poster, you never know what someone has been through. The lady could have been robbed before or just intimidated by your presence, who knows. I tend to think there is a difference between racism and prejudice and I'd say what you dealt with was prejudice, its not different than the Arab man that people keep their eye on at the airport or the Mexican that is assumed to live here illegally. It is certainly wrong but the response is dependent on the individual, some turn the cheek and others speak up.

It doesn't seem like you're bothered too much by what happened so I wont go all into it. But when someone tells you that you need to change your appearance to be accepted, it is them who needs to change the way they think rather than you changing how you carry yourself, especially as it pertains to dreads which I consider to be cultural.

Stereotypes FTW! I for one will pay your dumbass way to Africa if you'll move, but just like Farrakhan's followers, you won't. You talk your useless psycho babble about Obama and how the "man" is keeping you down. You sir, live the fucking stereotype. You just try to hide it by talking like a white man. :goodjob: Oh, and dreads are only fucking cultural if your ass is Rastafarian, which im sure the OP isn't. Which btw it wouldn't be cultural at all, it would be religious, similar to Jewish Payas.

xxbckiexx
01-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Stereotypes FTW! I for one will pay your dumbass way to Africa if you'll move, but just like Farrakhan's followers, you won't. You talk your useless psycho babble about Obama and how the "man" is keeping you down. You sir, live the fucking stereotype. You just try to hide it by talking like a white man. :goodjob: Oh, and dreads are only fucking cultural if your ass is Rastafarian, which im sure the OP isn't. Which btw it wouldn't be cultural at all, it would be religious, similar to Jewish Payas.

truth. to the highest extent.

AirMax95
01-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Damn Whoreslounge.....

tony
01-12-2010, 04:13 PM
You just try to hide it by talking like a white man. :goodjob: Oh, and dreads are only fucking cultural if your ass is Rastafarian, which im sure the OP isn't. Which btw it wouldn't be cultural at all, it would be religious, similar to Jewish Payas.

Talking like a white man? lol The ignorance continues... As far as dreads being Rastafarian only, long thin dreadlocks are common amongst those of true African descent. (mainly Kenyans) And that is Cultural, nothing to do with their faith.

Ziptied
01-12-2010, 04:34 PM
I'll take my "ignorance", just learn to STFU, if there's one thing no one likes, its a fucking whiner. Let me ask you this "of true African descent", how do you know he isn't an Aborigine? For that matter, how do YOU know you aren't of Aboriginal descent? Oh, and guess what, Obama just fell to under 50% approval rating. Dumbass.

EL42
01-12-2010, 04:35 PM
I'm sure you reminded her to go buy the new lil' wayne cd, before all the negro kids got out of school

I see no racism there, friend.
makes sense, sorta

long dreads sell u weed

short dreads take ur weed
:lmfao: man you a fool. :cheers:

EL42
01-12-2010, 04:37 PM
I'll take my "ignorance", just learn to STFU, if there's one thing no one likes, its a fucking whiner. Let me ask you this "of true African descent", how do you know he isn't an Aborigine? For that matter, how do YOU know you aren't of Aboriginal descent? Oh, and guess what, Obama just fell to under 50% approval rating. Dumbass.
:2cents: in my case i'm not american. i'm jamaican...jus sayin

Ziptied
01-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Well, for one, its "Jamaican", and for two, you live in America. Therefore, you are an AMERICAN.

Okie_doke.
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I love racist people, shows me they're ignorance

EL42
01-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Well, for one, its "Jamaican", and for two, you live in America. Therefore, you are an AMERICAN.
:thinking: uh sure.

Ziptied
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I love racist people, shows me they're ignorance

I love stupid people, they show me THEIR stupidity, and it makes me lol.

Okie_doke.
01-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Hey hey any time I can help you out they're, there, their :goodjob:

Ziptied
01-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Hey hey any time I can help you out they're, there, their :goodjob:

JITB
01-12-2010, 04:56 PM

twitter polls

EL42
01-12-2010, 04:58 PM
twitter polls
:lmfao: you on fire today.

Ziptied
01-12-2010, 05:01 PM
twitter polls

Nope, it wasn't a twitter poll.

JITB
01-12-2010, 05:08 PM
HEY
COREY
THIS
DUDE
JUST
TOLD
YOU
WERE
YOU
ARE
FROM
HOW
DOES
THAT
MAKE
YOU
FEEL?

Ziptied
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
HEY
COREY
THIS
DUDE
JUST
TOLD
YOU
WERE
YOU
ARE
FROM
HOW
DOES
THAT
MAKE
YOU
FEEL?

WHERE*

And no, I told him where he lives. I wasn't born in the US, I was born in Ireland, and no, not on a military base. I was born Irish, I moved to America. I am an American. Period. Stupid ass.

Echonova
01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
. I wasn't born in the US, I was born in Ireland, and no, not on a military base. I was born Irish, I moved to America. I am an American. Period.http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

tony
01-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Oh, and dreads are only fucking cultural if your ass is Rastafarian, which im sure the OP isn't.

Outstanding..

JITB
01-12-2010, 05:31 PM
WHERE*

And no, I told him where he lives. I wasn't born in the US, I was born in Ireland, and no, not on a military base. I was born Irish, I moved to America. I am an American. Period. Stupid ass.

its USA not US....

and you are Irish...

uproot
01-12-2010, 05:33 PM
older?

maybe she just paused for a second to fill her depends.

EL42
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
HEY
COREY
THIS
DUDE
JUST
TOLD
YOU
WERE
YOU
ARE
FROM
HOW
DOES
THAT
MAKE
YOU
FEEL?
:cheers: makes me feel like i won't be sharing bottles of Red Stripe or my Wray and Nephews rum. at least that's after i tie my dreads up before i steal your weed JOSEPH :lmfao:

JITB
01-12-2010, 05:49 PM
:cheers: makes me feel like i won't be sharing bottles of Red Stripe or my Wray and Nephews rum. at least that's after i tie my dreads up before i steal your weed JOSEPH :lmfao:

either way ziptied is still gonna be irish

tony
01-12-2010, 06:01 PM
I LOVE Redstripe btw, always hard to choose between Corona and Red Stripe..

Double_0_Rusty
01-12-2010, 06:16 PM
Shoulda been like, "Y0 BITCH, WALK THRU DIS DOOR THAT I AM FUCKKIN HOLDING FOR YO OLD WRINKLY ASS FO' I DRANK YO DRANK..............DUST FARTING WHORE".

lulz.
Im Irish and fuck Red Stripe.

DriVaH
01-12-2010, 06:42 PM
WOW..... jamaicans are americans now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? lol

collins
01-12-2010, 07:05 PM
I LOVE Redstripe btw, always hard to choose between Corona and Red Stripe.. LOL no it isn't. Corona sucks. Red stripe rocks!

WOW..... jamaicans are americans now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? lol if they're here legally without a visa, then technically yes. As far as EL42's situation, I'm not sure. He's a cool mofo in my book tho!

Kevykev
01-12-2010, 10:47 PM
You need to find her and ask her. At least you know where she rolls to for coffee.

Maybe you look like the dude that ____________________ her back in 1995.

EL42
01-12-2010, 11:47 PM
You need to find her and ask her. At least you know where she rolls to for coffee.

Maybe you look like the dude that ____________________ her back in 1995.
:thinking:hmm :lmfao:

PRO®
01-13-2010, 01:04 AM
This is probably the answer, lol.

Or

She was going to rob you

lmao.

I'm Jamaican as well. :goodjob::D

(For future reference, "its" has an apostrophe between the 't' and 's'.:goodjob:)

See aforementioned reply.

WOW..... jamaicans are americans now?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? lol

:lmfao:Idiot ting dat, lol.

:thinking:hmm :lmfao:

Go figure, my name is Corey too.

EL42
01-13-2010, 01:35 AM
lmao.
I'm Jamaican as well. :goodjob::D
Go figure, my name is Corey too.
:cheers: another Jamaican Corey welcome to the resistance.lol
:eek: wow,i've learned so much today

TIGERJC
01-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Yea I dont hold open doors for older white folks (learned that lesson awhile ago), I stereotype just like assholes in this thread.

LizBiz
01-13-2010, 08:11 AM
/racism thread :goodjob:

New topic!

collins
01-13-2010, 08:20 AM
aww, why liz? no rules were being broken. he was only asking a question! (ps el42 is black) :)

LizBiz
01-13-2010, 08:23 AM
No rules were broken but this "racist" crap gets ignorant in the WL. People just say shit to say it. Not having that. I know he's black, that doesn't matter.

Ziptied
01-13-2010, 11:30 AM
STFU. Back in business.

JDMbabe
01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
ya gotta love that southern racism. haha or she did think you were going to rob her or grab her ass as soon as she got in front of you ahah

amandDA
01-13-2010, 02:05 PM
very... and pathetic, next time just let the door slam on the ol bag. lol

xxbckiexx
01-13-2010, 02:17 PM
Yea I dont hold open doors for older white folks (learned that lesson awhile ago), I stereotype just like assholes in this thread.

LOL I KNOW you're not talking. What lesson did you learn a long time ago? Erkel looking mother fuckers like yourself can't hold open doors for old people?

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/Sarah/urkel.jpg
put a 150 lbs and lessen 5 inches on this guy and you got TigerJC.

The only stereotype you've ever been put under is "that's one erkel looking mother fucker. I bet he's one of those smart black folk. Imma copy his homework/tests."

collins
01-13-2010, 02:21 PM
ouch! :lmfao:

man
01-13-2010, 03:37 PM
But when someone tells you that you need to change your appearance to be accepted, it is them who needs to change the way they think...

How the hell does this statement make sense? People should accept you no matter what, but you can't accept their opinions? You have a sharp tongue in a used-car salesman package...

You would do well in politics.

xxbckiexx
01-13-2010, 03:41 PM
How the hell does this statement make sense? People should accept you no matter what, but you can't accept their opinions? You have a sharp tongue...

woah bro, WOAH. don't bring logic at tony, his head will explode.

JITB
01-13-2010, 03:46 PM
How the hell does this statement make sense? People should accept you no matter what, but you can't accept their opinions? You have a sharp tongue in a used-car salesman package...

lol i think u may be arguing with yourself....

you say people should accept people no matter what...

Than you say you have to accept their incorrect assumptions about people?

what are you trying to say sir?

Kevykev
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
LOL

The only stereotype you've ever been put under is "that's one erkel looking mother fucker. I bet he's one of those smart black folk. Imma copy his homework/tests."

Hahaha Damn, that was a strike but [Supplemental Restraint Systemly] aka srsly Any guy with brown skin (non-indian) and glasses that's not fat gets referred to as an erkel lookin' muhfuhh.

I learned that first hand lol

It makes perfect sense to me.. you stated exactly what he stated in your own words :) but they you manipulated the other 50% of his statement.

woah bro, WOAH. don't bring logic at tony, his head will explode.

Oh damn, I definitely missed something, tony is one of the most logical people on this board.

Something definitely went down here, something i don't even care to know about.

xxbckiexx
01-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Hahaha Damn, that was a strike but [Supplemental Restraint Systemly] aka srsly Any guy with brown skin (non-indian) and glasses that's not fat gets referred to as an erkel lookin' muhfuhh.

I learned that first hand lol

It makes perfect sense to me.. you stated exactly what he stated in your own words :) but they you manipulated the other 50% of his statement.

Oh damn, I definitely missed something, tony is one of the most logical people on this board.

Something definitely went down here, something i don't even care to know about.

Tony feigns logic quite well, but he never actually uses it. He will act like he does, but he doesn't. His his way, and his experiences > everyone else. He will act like others matter, when in reality, they don't.

on a side note, stfu you erkel lookin muh fucka.

Kevykev
01-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Tony feigns logic quite well, but he never actually uses it. He will act like he does, but he doesn't. His his way, and his experiences > everyone else. He will act like others matter, when in reality, they don't.

on a side note, stfu you erkel lookin muh fucka.

Hahaha you and tony got into an argument didn't you lol.

Hahaha Stephon Urkell All the way.

HOLY SHHHH man is fcman!!!!

man
01-13-2010, 03:55 PM

Well then maybe I should go into politics lol. It just came off like he was saying that those with prejudices should be forced to change their opinions. If that's not what was intended then I apologize.

lol i think u may be arguing with yourself....
you say people should accept people no matter what...
Than you say you have to accept their incorrect assumptions about people?
what are you trying to say sir?

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm not saying that tony is wrong I just felt his statement was a little hypocritical. But read above.

JITB
01-13-2010, 03:57 PM

tony leaves his opponents questioning everything, and while releasing logical counter thoughts, he also erupts anger into them...causing crazy thoughts, and irrational assumptions of his character....

xxbckiexx
01-13-2010, 04:05 PM

not really. he said something retarded and i corrected him, then he said " you're not on my level". Clearly I'm not on his level, I would need to take 15 steps back to get there. why would i do that? :thinking:

DriVaH
01-13-2010, 04:27 PM
lmao.

:lmfao:Idiot ting dat, lol.

so dem stay...

TIGERJC
01-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Not even clever Kayfunk, whats next you're going to call me white since I dont wear my pants down past my knees.

slowdsm
01-13-2010, 07:17 PM
it is animal nature to be apprehensive. you should never be mad if this happen to you. feel sorry for her. she was scare for what ever season. racism means she think she is better than you. when things like this happen to you, just smile at that person and wish him or her a good day. your politeness will eventually change his or her view.

tony
01-13-2010, 08:12 PM
not really. he said something retarded and i corrected him, then he said " you're not on my level". Clearly I'm not on his level, I would need to take 15 steps back to get there. why would i do that? :thinking:

lol This shit is amusing so I'll bite. You say I try to act a certain way but I don't change personalities or usernames to impress anyone here. I'm not the one trying to be an asshole to uphold a persona on IA, matter of fact I had no problems with you till you and your boyfriend got offended when I set you two straight.

I left you that rep cause to put it bluntly you're dumb, you showed it in your posts. If that bothers you then yeah, you need to pick up a book and rise above that 3rd grade reading level you've come to embrace.

collins
01-13-2010, 08:31 PM
LOL damn, I've never seen that side of Tony! Damn son!

xxbckiexx
01-13-2010, 09:00 PM
lol This shit is amusing so I'll bite. You say I try to act a certain way but I don't change personalities or usernames to impress anyone here. I'm not the one trying to be an asshole to uphold a persona on IA, matter of fact I had no problems with you till you and your boyfriend got offended when I set you two straight.

I left you that rep cause to put it bluntly you're dumb, you showed it in your posts. If that bothers you then yeah, you need to pick up a book and rise above that 3rd grade reading level you've come to embrace.

The only thing amusing is you trying to make up for your lack of intelligence, by telling people to "get on your level" when you've clearly lost a mental battle. You're so stuck on this "get on my level" bit. If I wanted to take 10 steps back in life I would "get on your level". Who's changing personalities to impress people? I'm me, and I've always been me. You're so full of shit, I actually think you're starting to fool yourself into believing it.

xxbckiexx
01-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Not even clever Kayfunk, whats next you're going to call me white since I dont wear my pants down past my knees.

You're black, clearly. There's nothing wrong with you being the way you are. But don't try to sit around and act like you've had this life that's been rough, because you were held back so much because of the color of your skin. You are very far from the stereotype, and you know it. It just bugs me when you try to relate to these people who say "oh yea man, the man's keepin me down" when you're in the mans ass.

2SICC4IA
01-13-2010, 09:11 PM
I also have a racist moment to share with you guys - it involved an indian and a black guy! it was terribly racist - so racist, i shed a tear out of my weenie!

2SICC4IA
01-13-2010, 09:26 PM
yea - i found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY8xO2271gg

TIGERJC
01-13-2010, 09:44 PM
You're black, clearly. There's nothing wrong with you being the way you are. But don't try to sit around and act like you've had this life that's been rough, because you were held back so much because of the color of your skin. You are very far from the stereotype, and you know it. It just bugs me when you try to relate to these people who say "oh yea man, the man's keepin me down" when you're in the mans ass.

Talking out of your ass yet again. I can relate to threads like this, because it actually has happened to me and others I know. I highly doubt a old white lady can hold me or any black person back unless she is Barbara Bush. My life was no where near being rough but I have experience some stuff you will never will and vice versa.

Jaimecbr900
01-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe she was just a rude old lady and not necessarily prejudiced/racist?

I see it all the time. Every color, every race, every gender does it all the time. You hold doors open, you let people out in traffic, and maybe even talk nicely to that stiff lip wearing Gov't worker only to not even be acknowledged. It seems people now often times feel "entitled" for some reason. Hell, blame it on reality TV or bad upbringing. Don't know, and quite frankly I don't care what the excuse is to be honest. It costs nothing to have good manners, yet it shows true character faster than anything else.

We'll never know for sure why she acted rude like that. Just don't stop opening doors for others because of it. :goodjob:

quickdodge®
01-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Just don't stop opening doors for others because of it. :goodjob:

Truth. I delivered beer to stores all over metro Atlanta for 7 years. Countless times have I walked to a door with a hand truck loaded down with up to 12 cases of beer on it, positioned myself to open a door only to see someone approaching the door. I actually stopped to let these people in, while still balancing the beer, only to have them walk on in as if they had walked through an automatic door. Not a thank you or anything. But I kept on. That's just my character; my personality.

Usually when this would happen, I would say "you're welcome" to that person where he/she could hear me and you know that more than 80% of the time, they would turn around and apologize and thank me and let me know that they just weren't paying attention or something.

You just got to keep a good attitude about yourself. Don't let someone else's misery turn into yours. Later, QD.

Ziptied
01-14-2010, 09:27 AM
attn tony:

You haven't set anyone straight, all you have done is proven your own ignorance.

xxbckiexx
01-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Has anyone stopped to think that maybe she was just a rude old lady and not necessarily prejudiced/racist?

I see it all the time. Every color, every race, every gender does it all the time. You hold doors open, you let people out in traffic, and maybe even talk nicely to that stiff lip wearing Gov't worker only to not even be acknowledged. It seems people now often times feel "entitled" for some reason. Hell, blame it on reality TV or bad upbringing. Don't know, and quite frankly I don't care what the excuse is to be honest. It costs nothing to have good manners, yet it shows true character faster than anything else.

We'll never know for sure why she acted rude like that. Just don't stop opening doors for others because of it. :goodjob:

BOOYAH.

Ziptied
01-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Don't let someone else's misery turn into yours. Later, QD.

Truer words have never been spoken, sir. :goodjob:

EL42
01-14-2010, 09:59 AM

You just got to keep a good attitude about yourself. Don't let someone else's misery turn into yours. Later, QD.
:yes: of course

Kevykev
01-14-2010, 12:11 PM

This is truth from a great perspective my friend.

I still want EL to confirm in person though.

tony
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
Well then maybe I should go into politics lol. It just came off like he was saying that those with prejudices should be forced to change their opinions. If that's not what was intended then I apologize.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. I'm not saying that tony is wrong I just felt his statement was a little hypocritical. But read above.

I think you read me wrong, what I was saying was don't change your identity just because someone else thinks you need to conform to their standards. His hair is a part of his culture so to say "oh you need to cut your dreads if you don't want this to happen again" is ignorant thought. Maybe whoever is quick to judge needs to challenge their own line of thinking.

attn tony:

You haven't set anyone straight, all you have done is proven your own ignorance.

Thanks for your opinion :goodjob:

As for what you stated Jaime, I see your point but just the fact that the situation is so common amongst certain minorities makes it very difficult to give the situation in general a pass. The reason I laugh at the whole "how many times has it happened to you" argument is because its a regular occurrence and I'm about as clean cut as they come. My wife who is 5'3 maybe 110lbs soaking wet has had old white women clutch their purse when she walks by, theres nothing threatening about her and she carries herself in a highly respectful manner. That is the reasoning behind my feelings on the subject. Most of us that understand speak from experience, a lot of the ignorants in this thread are intimidated in the same way that the old lady was. I know you don't feel that way and I know that is why you present your side respectfully and I appreciate that.

EL42
01-14-2010, 12:25 PM
This is truth from a great perspective my friend.
I still want EL to confirm in person though.
:thinking: huh?

Kevykev
01-14-2010, 01:01 PM
:thinking: huh?

Next time you see that tramp at Starbucks, Ask her "what da deal was with that."

:cheers:

Jaimecbr900
01-14-2010, 01:28 PM
As for what you stated Jaime, I see your point but just the fact that the situation is so common amongst certain minorities makes it very difficult to give the situation in general a pass. The reason I laugh at the whole "how many times has it happened to you" argument is because its a regular occurrence and I'm about as clean cut as they come. My wife who is 5'3 maybe 110lbs soaking wet has had old white women clutch their purse when she walks by, theres nothing threatening about her and she carries herself in a highly respectful manner. That is the reasoning behind my feelings on the subject. Most of us that understand speak from experience, a lot of the ignorants in this thread are intimidated in the same way that the old lady was. I know you don't feel that way and I know that is why you present your side respectfully and I appreciate that.

I understand. We all base opinions mostly on personal experience, good or bad. I'd just like to think that instead of the older lady being a rabid swastika wearing hardcore racist that she merely may have some "old school" ways that are a little outdated....i.e. Snooty Blue Hair types.

You have to remember that good and bad some older folks come from a very different time. They sometimes still carry those prejudices today. It may take some time to overcome decades of ignorance. Some have conquered it, while others choose not to.

As I get older by the day, I realize that often times you have to concede that you should do what's right just because it's the right thing to do. If you get angry, and I'm just as guilty still of this sometimes, every time someone is rude and lacks manners.....you'll get premature gray hairs.:D I always tell all my children this, mine or borrowed; Manners don't hurt. They don't make you weak. They do however say a lot about you quite loudly to everyone around you. :goodjob:

Let's not perpetuate the hate. You want to change how someone views your race? Be the first to lead by example instead of proving them right.;)....this is why I don't have a big gigantic Nike swoosh sticker or the Virgin Mary sticker on my back window.....:lmfao:;):goodjob:

quickdodge®
01-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I understand. We all base opinions mostly on personal experience, good or bad. I'd just like to think that instead of the older lady being a rabid swastika wearing hardcore racist that she merely may have some "old school" ways that are a little outdated....i.e. Snooty Blue Hair types.

You have to remember that good and bad some older folks come from a very different time. They sometimes still carry those prejudices today. It may take some time to overcome decades of ignorance. Some have conquered it, while others choose not to.

As I get older by the day, I realize that often times you have to concede that you should do what's right just because it's the right thing to do. If you get angry, and I'm just as guilty still of this sometimes, every time someone is rude and lacks manners.....you'll get premature gray hairs.:D I always tell all my children this, mine or borrowed; Manners don't hurt. They don't make you weak. They do however say a lot about you quite loudly to everyone around you. :goodjob:

Let's not perpetuate the hate. You want to change how someone views your race? Be the first to lead by example instead of proving them right.;)....this is why I don't have a big gigantic Nike swoosh sticker or the Virgin Mary sticker on my back window.....:lmfao:;):goodjob:

Mexican. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
01-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Mexican. Later, QD.

Is it Mexican or Mexican't???? :ninja::lmfao:

See, QD is racise......yall see the difference now? Thank you QD. Now back to your place, the kitchen biotch!!! :D

swimshark
01-14-2010, 02:26 PM

Haha what I mentioned about my grandmother and how she will talk about things and words she will say that would be considered racism for sure now days. I was shocked at first, but had to realize the time frame they grew up in and what happened.

I myself got called a racists a lot when i worked at the pool as a lifeguard. If I would get onto one kid but not another, i had a few occasions where the parents would think i was singling them out because of race but it was just because their kids were the only ones acting up and misbehaving. Im cool with whichever race.

My friends at school are all diverse: Black, Hispanic, Arab, Egyptian, Thai, Korean and Im the White dude and we all get along.

I dont see why people single out specifically for racism. I sorta see that it is mainly one thing that a person dislikes and is ignorant to only think that all people of that race are like that. Its pretty sad if you think because some dude does something wrong and he is this one race that all others of his race are like that too. Everyone is different.

AirMax95
01-14-2010, 02:33 PM
Its pretty sad if you think because some dude does something wrong and he is this one race that all others of his race are like that too. Everyone is different.

Sounds pretty simple huh, lol?

xxbckiexx
01-14-2010, 04:58 PM
Haha what I mentioned about my grandmother and how she will talk about things and words she will say that would be considered racism for sure now days. I was shocked at first, but had to realize the time frame they grew up in and what happened.

I myself got called a racists a lot when i worked at the pool as a lifeguard. If I would get onto one kid but not another, i had a few occasions where the parents would think i was singling them out because of race but it was just because their kids were the only ones acting up and misbehaving. Im cool with whichever race.

My friends at school are all diverse: Black, Hispanic, Arab, Egyptian, Thai, Korean and Im the White dude and we all get along.

I dont see why people single out specifically for racism. I sorta see that it is mainly one thing that a person dislikes and is ignorant to only think that all people of that race are like that. Its pretty sad if you think because some dude does something wrong and he is this one race that all others of his race are like that too. Everyone is different.

Do you even speak english? Or do you use some fucking internet translator to create your posts. I hope the latter.