PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!!

quickdodge®
01-11-2010, 10:00 AM
Got the call this morning and my vacation, after 5 long months, is finally over. I can finally stop living off of savings. Later, QD.

Ziptied
01-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Congrats! Get back to work ya bum.

Tech5
01-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Got the call this morning and my vacation, after 5 long months, is finally over. I can finally stop living off of savings. Later, QD.

Congrats, I am glad to read about these types threads!! Makes me feel things are getting better...Best of luck to you and the new.

bdydrpdmazda
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
sweet QD, I bet you are ready to get back to work...

G.C
01-11-2010, 10:02 AM
dam 5 months of vacation?

xxbckiexx
01-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Man, I didn't know Swingin' Richards was so slow, they had to cut shifts. Guess business picked back up for the new year.. enjoy being back at work!

JJSPEC Racing
01-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice! It says something about you that you could actually live off of savings. There arent that many people that can say that. Now get back out there and build that piggy bank back up!

98blackcivic
01-11-2010, 10:07 AM
idk whats goin on...i thought QD worked for IA...?

lcortes32
01-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Congrats Homie always good to hear someone is outta the unemployment list

Mr Egg Rollllll
01-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Congrats man, I'm glad you're back at it!

umairejaz
01-11-2010, 10:17 AM
idk whats goin on...i thought QD worked for IA...?

Post of the year.

S2KJD
01-11-2010, 10:19 AM
nice!

BKgen®
01-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Congrats, man! Not having a daily grind is a pain in the ass. I graduated back in June '09 and didn't get a job until September. Those months in-between were painfully boring and stressful.

Oh, any word on the decals?

quickdodge®
01-11-2010, 11:34 AM
^^^ There will be now, man. I had to use that money for the decals to actually help get my car fixed. Now that I'm going back to work, I can definitely take care of it. Probably in about 2 weeks.

I just got back from the office and found out that I could be starting as early as next Tuesday. So my post whoring days will be done again.

Thank goodness. Thanks, everyone, for the congrats and all. It's a relief now for real. The company I am going to is the same company I have been with. They have actually held my spot open for this whole time. That's how much they want me back in there. All I can say is, I'm fortunate to be me right now. Later, QD.

JDMbabe
01-11-2010, 11:52 AM
sweet deal! work is good, and so is money :)

uproot
01-11-2010, 11:54 AM
kickass bro!

swimshark
01-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Congrats! Getting back into work is always great especially when you know they want you back.

quickdodge®
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Congrats! Getting back into work is always great especially when you know they want you back.

Yeah. And with these days and times for trying to get a job and my boss held my position this whole time? A blessing for sure. Later, QD.

ATLTSX
01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Glad to see that you're starting back up.

Bajjani
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
All I can say is, I'm fortunate to be me right now. Later, QD.

QD you don't strike me as the type to not be happy with who you are or who you've become. Just sayin

Echonova
01-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Good to hear brotha. Once you are back at work maybe there will be something for us other Mods to do again...

quickdodge®
01-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Lolol, echo.

I just now received the phone call and I do start back next Tuesday. Ready to roll. Later, QD.

Echonova
01-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Sweet. I just got back in my Volvo today after about a month. Gonna be east-bound and down through Wednesday, then back to the regular work truck for another two weeks. Next week is northern Michigan... Yea.

stormcrow
01-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Welcome back to the realm of the employed. Obama can certainly use your taxes. :)

What line of work are you in? PM (or not) if you don't want the world to know.

xxbckiexx
01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Welcome back to the realm of the employed. Obama can certainly use your taxes. :)

I cleared this up earlier. He's an exotic dancer for Swingin Richards.

aguynamedpat
01-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Fuck you.

I mean, yay.

quickdodge®
01-11-2010, 05:16 PM

I'm the opposite of what the stereotype of my profession is. Later, QD.

stormcrow
01-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I'm the opposite of what the stereotype of my profession is. Later, QD.

English, please? Never end the sentence in a preposition. :tongue1:

I'm trying to decipher the riddle. The opposite of the stereotype of your chosen profession. Well, you're rude and crass with a skosh of douchebaggery and the opposite of that is polite and kind. So, you're a Reverend? Priest? Rabbi? Medicine Man? :D

I keed, I keed. Trucker?

RUFFIAN
01-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Good times QD. Being outta work is really sucking..................

quickdodge®
01-11-2010, 10:26 PM
^^^ Yessir.

English, please? Never end the sentence in a preposition. :tongue1:

I'm trying to decipher the riddle. The opposite of the stereotype of your chosen profession. Well, you're rude and crass with a skosh of douchebaggery and the opposite of that is polite and kind. So, you're a Reverend? Priest? Rabbi? Medicine Man? :D

I keed, I keed. Trucker?

Yep, a trucker. That's what I meant by the opposite of stereotype. People are quick to assume that all truckers are idiots and educationally deprived while I, being a Dean's List graduate with a degree in computers, am most certainly not, lolol.

And "is" is not a preposition. Later, QD.

DB4LYFE ™
01-11-2010, 10:56 PM
the recession is over!!!!! :yay:

~DB4LYFE

quickdodge®
01-11-2010, 11:59 PM
the recession is over!!!!! :yay:

~DB4LYFE

It had nothing to do with the recession, lolol. But my vacation sure is. Later, QD.

95alty
01-12-2010, 07:55 AM
Awesome... Now we can get back to those pictures of random shit along your trips that for some reason just look damn cool. Glad to see you back on the jizzob

Greddypacked
01-12-2010, 08:09 AM
So QD. you singing this song lately http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSICoacOT60 lol... well congrats. Driving is a fun thing to do.

81911SC
01-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Damn, Congrats man

stormcrow
01-12-2010, 08:25 AM
^^^ Yessir.

Yep, a trucker. That's what I meant by the opposite of stereotype. People are quick to assume that all truckers are idiots and educationally deprived while I, being a Dean's List graduate with a degree in computers, am most certainly not, lolol.

And "is" is not a preposition. Later, QD.

Are you at least fat? I mean, c'mon, you have to flaunt one of the stereotypes! What is the fun if not? Represent!

Are you local or long-haul? One of my best friend's dad is a trucker out of Alabama...and he is far from a dolt. Though, he does have the trucker gut. ;)

Good call. You keep missing my traps. I will get you some day, good sir. :yes:

edit - What uni did you graduate from? I am in the IT world, but career-wise.

Jblizzard
01-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Man that is awesome they held that job spot for you!

Congrats man.

quickdodge®
01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Awesome... Now we can get back to those pictures of random shit along your trips that for some reason just look damn cool. Glad to see you back on the jizzob

Lolol. You're right about that. I was just looking at the other OTR pics yesterday.

Are you at least fat? I mean, c'mon, you have to flaunt one of the stereotypes! What is the fun if not? Represent!

Are you local or long-haul? One of my best friend's dad is a trucker out of Alabama...and he is far from a dolt. Though, he does have the trucker gut. ;)

Good call. You keep missing my traps. I will get you some day, good sir. :yes:

Not really fat. I could stand to lose a couple of pounds as I'm 6'1", 230lbs. I've never been gotten, dude. I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm a local driver, although I travel amongst the five surrounding states on a daily basis. I was OTR for a little bit. Later, QD.

stormcrow
01-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Lolol. You're right about that. I was just looking at the other OTR pics yesterday.

Not really fat. I could stand to lose a couple of pounds as I'm 6'1", 230lbs. I've never been gotten, dude. I don't see it happening anytime soon. I'm a local driver, although I travel amongst the five surrounding states on a daily basis. I was OTR for a little bit. Later, QD.

Meh, that's not too overweight. Depends on the frame. But, the life of a trucker isn't conduscive to losing much weight. Calorie deficits are not easily done when sitting most of the day and having to grab food on the go.

I think I would prefer a local / regional job if driving was my profession of choice. Being away from home for extended periods of time wouldn't be my cup of tea.

So, not going to share where the degree is from? What spectrum were you in? Networking, Programming, or hardware?

quickdodge®
01-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Meh, that's not too overweight. Depends on the frame. But, the life of a trucker isn't conduscive to losing much weight. Calorie deficits are not easily done when sitting most of the day and having to grab food on the go.

I think I would prefer a local / regional job if driving was my profession of choice. Being away from home for extended periods of time wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Well I'm not muscular in stature so it is mostly just extra baggage.

It's only as "conducive" as you make it. Even when i was OTR, I kept healthy foods in my fridge and lots o fruit and rarely anything sweet. I also didn't eat much fast food. Most of the time, when i shut down, I would grab the day's newspaper from whatever city/state I was in and fix my dinner and just sit in the back of the truck and eat and watch TV. Before sleeping, I would get up and walk around whatever lot I was at for about an hour. I'm local now and still keep just wheat crackers in the truck and a lot of bananas with water in my fridge. Later, QD.

stormcrow
01-12-2010, 08:06 PM
Well I'm not muscular in stature so it is mostly just extra baggage.

It's only as "conducive" as you make it. Even when i was OTR, I kept healthy foods in my fridge and lots o fruit and rarely anything sweet. I also didn't eat much fast food. Most of the time, when i shut down, I would grab the day's newspaper from whatever city/state I was in and fix my dinner and just sit in the back of the truck and eat and watch TV. Before sleeping, I would get up and walk around whatever lot I was at for about an hour. I'm local now and still keep just wheat crackers in the truck and a lot of bananas with water in my fridge. Later, QD.

I didn't much think about the fact that you had a fridge in the rig. That is a good idea to stock it with healthier choices. This probably saves you quite a bit of money on food, as well.

Not going to address the computer background. Ok. Moving on. It wasn't a trap, just more of a professional curiosity.

So, I do have a question. Is the lingo "Good buddy" now meaning homo? (or has it for a while?) I heard this, but since I am not in the biz, I didn't know. I have used CB quite often back in the day, but it was more side-band and CQ-DX crap...(long distance...had a 250w booster, side-band radio and oil-cooled antenna) so I didn't play on channel 19.

Hektik
01-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Congrats QD.. damn living on savings for 5 months, smart man to save for a rainy day (or half a year.lol.)

quickdodge®
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM
^^ Hahah. I also had a little bit help from my family, to help save from reaching into other monetary savings.

I didn't much think about the fact that you had a fridge in the rig. That is a good idea to stock it with healthier choices. This probably saves you quite a bit of money on food, as well.

Not going to address the computer background. Ok. Moving on. It wasn't a trap, just more of a professional curiosity.

So, I do have a question. Is the lingo "Good buddy" now meaning homo? (or has it for a while?) I heard this, but since I am not in the biz, I didn't know. I have used CB quite often back in the day, but it was more side-band and CQ-DX crap...(long distance...had a 250w booster, side-band radio and oil-cooled antenna) so I didn't play on channel 19.

Never heard anything about the "good buddy" stuff so I don't know where you got your info. Yes I saved money by grocery shopping. Spent about $30/40 per week.

I have a computer operations/computer science degree. Later, QD.

Double_0_Rusty
01-13-2010, 06:23 AM
Congrats!!!!!! Always good to read about someone gettin back to the workforce. When my dealership closed and I was out of work for a month, I went nucking futs.

EJ25RUN
01-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Way Hoo.

Echonova
01-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Never heard anything about the "good buddy" stuff so I don't know where you got your info. Yes I saved money by grocery shopping. Spent about $30/40 per week.

I have a computer operations/computer science degree. Later, QD.I have heard about the "good buddy", my teacher at CDL school told us about it. You say "driver" when talking to others. I don't have a CB in my Volvo so I don't worry about it either way.

quickdodge®
01-13-2010, 09:07 AM
I have heard about the "good buddy", my teacher at CDL school told us about it. You say "driver" when talking to others. I don't have a CB in my Volvo so I don't worry about it either way.

Driver or (I hear a lot) neighbor are two terms to describe the other truckers. I keep a radio in all the trucks I drive just to know what's ahead of me. Later, QD.

Greddypacked
01-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Ya one of my trainers back in the day (retired fire fighter) was smart how he had his own fridge and bought groceries. I mean he would be taking down canned soup and what not lol. I just ate out like cheap fast food (Subways for the healthy, buy banana's-oranges-juice-water-etc., Arbys, McD's, BK, etc....) You can still be around 70 bucks a week on that but ya grocery shopping is better. I just like eating out lol. This is when i was out 3 weeks at a time OTR cross country, im talking California, Arizona, NM, Colorado, upstate, midwest, just all over lol.

stormcrow
01-13-2010, 09:34 AM
^^ Hahah. I also had a little bit help from my family, to help save from reaching into other monetary savings.

I have a computer operations/computer science degree. Later, QD.

I had heard "good buddy" being said from old movies back in the 70's... i think they even said it on Smokey and the Bandit. I was playing around on channel 19 one day with a friend of mine after having put in the booster to see what kind of signal I was putting out...(btw, shot skip and hit a trucker in Roanoke, VA out of south GA...not too shabby) and I said "thanks, good buddy" to the trucker. Who, of course, gave no response to that. My friend stated not to say that because it was lingo to show you packed fudge. I thought he was kidding. Guess not.

quickdodge®
01-13-2010, 09:49 AM
I thought he was kidding. Guess not.

I think he was kidding. I've heard the term "good buddy," of course. But never to mean anything other than that. Nowadays I don't normally hear "good" in front of buddy. A lot of folks just say something like, "thanks, buddy." Later, QD.

stormcrow
01-13-2010, 10:09 AM
hmmm.. a quick Google search shows others who think it means the same. Don't really know the validity of it, but it seems the general consensus that "good buddy" is now slang for a gay male trucker or an insult.

http://www.cbgazette.com/slang.html

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-%22good-buddy%22-mean-nowadays-in-trucker-terms

meh. who knows. I would just stay away from it, I guess.

Kevykev
01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Hahaa the "Seal" was presented. I know that something serious went down.

Brian*
01-13-2010, 10:15 AM
hell yeah, that's good news!!

quickdodge®
01-13-2010, 10:23 AM
hmmm.. a quick Google search shows others who think it means the same. Don't really know the validity of it, but it seems the general consensus that "good buddy" is now slang for a gay male trucker or an insult.

http://www.cbgazette.com/slang.html

http://www.chacha.com/question/what-does-%22good-buddy%22-mean-nowadays-in-trucker-terms

meh. who knows. I would just stay away from it, I guess.

Hey man if you feel like you need to run from here to there across the virtual world in an ongoing quest to prove everything I say wrong, then by all means, do it. I'm as smart as I say I am and maybe even smarter. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
hell yeah, that's good news!!

Thanks, Brian. I can breathe a sigh of relief now, man. Later, QD.

stormcrow
01-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Hey man if you feel like you need to run from here to there across the virtual world in an ongoing quest to prove everything I say wrong, then by all means, do it. I'm as smart as I say I am and maybe even smarter. Later, QD.

really, man? complex much? it was in no way my intention to prove you wrong. i asked you a question that i thought you may have the answer to since it somewhat related to your chosen profession. you stated you didn't know, but didn't believe it to be true. another individual here (echonova) stated that they thought they had heard the same thing as i. i was just trying to help us all out and see if i could find any truth out there. i even stated that i didn't know if those links were truth or not.

lighten up. you're not showing any brilliance by reading negativity into everything i post instead of reading what i post.

again, welcome back to the land of the employed. that is what this thread is all about. congrats, man.

quickdodge®
01-13-2010, 11:23 AM
complex much?

Not ever. Later, QD.