PDA

View Full Version : So on my way to work......

swimshark
01-11-2010, 07:44 AM
Well this morning I was on the 120 loop coming from Southern Poly. The light at the QT was turning yellow and I was doing 55 and knocked it up a lil over 60 to make it through ok. Mind you this whole time I had not seen any cops. Speed limit on that section is 55 also.

Then Im going down Roswell Rd (120) towards Alpharetta and am stopped at a light where there is this shopping mall. Then a Marietta cop pulls up in the left turn lane and I thought nothing of it. He then doesnt turn left and I really didnt think of it but when the light turned green he darted in behind me and turns his light on.

I pull over in the KFC lot and he follows me in. I roll down my window and he walks up and asks the usual, "Do you know what I am pulling you over for?" I said no because I hadn't really done anything cept the light which I made it through on a pure yellow. He said he saw me buzzing through the light and thought I was doing about 70.

He then asks if I have insurance on my car and I say yes, asks where I am headed and I tell him to work in Alpharetta, and then asks me if I have any weapons and I say no and he walks to his car. Not even a minute later he walks back up and tells me to have a nice day, to slow down and to fully turn on my headlights.

My friend thinks that he must have thought my J looked like a drug dealing car lol

punkr6
01-11-2010, 07:46 AM
so you got pulled over and didn't get a ticket. Great story bro.

bdydrpdmazda
01-11-2010, 07:47 AM
so you got pulled over and didn't get a ticket. Great story bro.
THIS...

RL...
01-11-2010, 07:54 AM
happens to me all the time....but then I tell them....WOULD A DRUG DEALER HAVE PURPLE LUGNUTS!!!! and then the cops usual reply is "o shit that's hot so imma let you go"

punkr6
01-11-2010, 07:54 AM
happens to me all the time....but then I tell them....WOULD A DRUG DEALER HAVE PURPLE LUGNUTS!!!! and then the cops usual reply is "o shit that's hot so imma let you go"

your story is even worse...

CeOTiO8
01-11-2010, 07:57 AM

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

ilovemyhonda.
01-11-2010, 07:59 AM

THIS.....

:lmfao:

mocha latte cupcake
01-11-2010, 07:59 AM
lol i agree the J does stand out among the crowd of other J's but...

chits hot

Greddypacked
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM
Cops alot of times do this to check license for any warrants or if you have anything illegal in your car.

swimshark
01-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Cops alot of times do this to check license for any warrants or if you have anything illegal in your car.

well yah thats obvious but he asked it while its 7:30 on a monday morning and i could tell he was really meaning it. ive been pulled over at 2 in the morn on a friday and the cop just let me off. didnt ask if i was on drugs or had been drinking.

was a first and odd to me. idk maybe it is the car and the new way it sits. when i get tint it may get worse lol

quickdodgeŽ
01-11-2010, 09:12 AM
The light at the QT was turning yellow and I was doing 55 and knocked it up a lil over 60 to make it through ok.

I hadn't really done anything cept the light which I made it through on a pure yellow. He said he saw me buzzing through the light...

That's actually a traffic offense. It doesn't matter if the light is "pure yellow" or sunburst yellow or even mustard yellow. It's illegal to blast through a yellow light like you SAID you did. Later, QD.

swimshark
01-11-2010, 09:16 AM
well it was either stop in middle of intersection or go through it and i dont want a car crawling up my ass cause people like to follow closely. my car can stop quickly but i did have someone behind me.

quickdodgeŽ
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
well it was either stop in middle of intersection or go through it and i dont want a car crawling up my ass cause people like to follow closely. my car can stop quickly but i did have someone behind me.

Well the "knocking it up" is what got the attention. I honestly doubt it was yellow while you were out there or you probably wouldn't have seen it. If you saw it yellow, then it changed before you got out in the middle. Later, QD.

swimshark
01-11-2010, 11:35 AM
well i was going straight through. i wasnt turning. hence the people running me over if i suddenly stopped.

quickdodgeŽ
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
well i was going straight through. i wasnt turning. hence the people running me over if i suddenly stopped.

I don't buy it all, but it's all good. You didn't get a ticket and that's the main thing. Later, QD.

swimshark
01-11-2010, 12:09 PM
1. The light near the QT where I went through on a yellow
2. Where cop pulled up next to me in left turn lane
3. The KFC parking lot I pulled into

Does this help?

Yah I am glad i didn't get a ticket but I dont know what it would have been for. He only called me out for going fast.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9553/mymap.jpg

quickdodgeŽ
01-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Does this help?

I understand the story, lolol, I just don't believe that you were all the way out in the intersection when it turned yellow. I have a feeling it was already yellow when you pulled into it and you gunned it to get on through.

But I know I wasn't there, but it doesn't seem logical to me, lolol. Later, QD.

Got Milk?
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
cliifs of thsi story:

I got pulled over.
Cop didnt give me a ticket.

swimshark
01-11-2010, 12:29 PM
it had changed right as i was about to go through so yes technically i went through a yellow but no way physically i could have stopped before the line. he said he saw me go through the light but only stated that he "thought" i was going fast. i think he was just mainly trying to see what i was up to.

had my flap cap on and aviators rocking to some killswitch engage

swimshark
01-11-2010, 12:32 PM
cliifs of thsi story:

I got pulled over.
Cop didnt give me a ticket.

yah the the gist but he didnt state me for anything specific and odd part was him asking if i had any weapons and checking me out on the records then letting me go.

ilbcnu123
01-11-2010, 12:40 PM
probably because he saw your lengthy traffic history

swimshark
01-11-2010, 12:43 PM
probably because he saw your lengthy traffic history

he asked all the questions before he looked me up. then sent me on my way afterwards.

and its not that long :ninja:

AdriSciontC
01-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I want pink lug nuts....

cjhutch
01-11-2010, 08:08 PM
I know that exact area. He drove a long way from that QT on 120 to pull you over by the KFC. That KFC is the one past the East Lake Shopping Center. He was probably running your plates the whole time he was behind you.

OT, it kills me that 285 is 55mph when that stretch of 120 has a 55mph limit and for the most part it's only three lanes each direction.

swimshark
01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
I know that exact area. He drove a long way from that QT on 120 to pull you over by the KFC. That KFC is the one past the East Lake Shopping Center. He was probably running your plates the whole time he was behind you.

OT, it kills me that 285 is 55mph when that stretch of 120 has a 55mph limit and for the most part it's only three lanes each direction.

Well he never was behind me. I had other cars behind me. He darted in from the light and pulled me over.

Yah it is stupid how the speed limit on 285 is only 55. Some might argue traffic flow but still. From powers ferry almost to the 75 intersection it is 55.

SleeperWRX
01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I saw you and a 300zx on friday night on grayson hwy LOL. That 300zx is loud as fuck. Tell him to get a stock exhaust or something.

Nice, you didn't get a ticket.

swimshark
01-11-2010, 08:59 PM
I saw you and a 300zx on friday night on grayson hwy LOL. That 300zx is loud as fuck. Tell him to get a stock exhaust or something.

haha he likes it that way but his dad hates it. we were searching for the car meet that was supposed to be somewhere near the kroger.

ilbcnu123
01-11-2010, 09:04 PM

People tell me the Z is loud as fuck but while im driving it doesnt seem bad at all. I have never heard my own car driving while im outside listening but i guess i need to do that one day