PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Help me choose a Corrado

NJSC
01-10-2010, 12:20 PM
So yesterday I test drove 2 Corrado SLC's. The first on that I test drove was an amazing machine. Mechanically everything worked awesome, had cams, I/H/E and I easily pushed it past 100 and felt like it was going 55. Wonderfully tight suspension, good steering, and awesome breaks. Problem is that the previous owner painted the car and didn't do that great of a job. The previous color was bright red and it was resprayed with a purple color. So every rock chip you see the bright red, and the clear coat was fading. The car is also going to need new tires, and the interior needs some work. He's asking 5k for her.
pictures can be found here and a full mod list
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4416998

The second Corrado was not as powerful. It was pretty much stock except for I/E and mild suspension upgrades. All the gauges were dead save for the gas gauge, and the owner says it's just a fuse but you have to take out the dashboard to get to it. The body was straight save for a pretty big gash on the hood, has brand new tires, but needs an alignment (which the owner says he'll get done. Wanted 4k for her.
http://images.craigslist.org/3n63pb3la5Vc5Pb5S09csc0a9b95dad0b12c4.jpg

So what do you guys think? Which one do you think I should go for. I'm not talented with body work and paint, but I can spin wrenches.

RUFFIAN
01-10-2010, 01:01 PM
I say tell the 1st guy about the second and see if he can meet you in the middle with his price. I'd go with the modded car if I could.

NJSC
01-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah that's not a bad idea. Maybe it's about time I learned how to do paint and body work.

thegreatfnr
01-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I know the seller of the first one and he is a good guy and is active in the VW community locally. He seems like he knows his stuff and I have seen his car running around town for quite a while and he didnt seem to have any issues with it.

As for the second one I would stay away from any corrado with known electrical issues. . . wait i guess that rules out all corrados LOL

NJSC
01-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Yeah I see the "durtydubs" in your sig compared to his back windshield. That one definitely was fun to drive.

tdurr
01-12-2010, 12:11 AM
first one hands down. paint/body work is easy to fix.

jdmpeez
01-12-2010, 08:12 AM
deff first you dont want to get into any vw with known elec prob and it got more stuff then the second try talkin them down and if not walk i promise you start to walk they will change their mind real quick!

DeutscheBAG!
01-12-2010, 08:16 PM
do you like fire hazards? lol

thegreatfnr
01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
do you like fire hazards? lol

:cry:

I miss my old VR6