PDA

View Full Version : 97 Prelude auto to manual wiring

REDEVO777
01-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Ok, I'm in the process of converting a 97 prelude from auto to manual trans all the mechanical work is done, now what I am having problems is with the wiring I have used all the wiring and ecu from a 97 5 speed prelude and it will not turn over has anyone here done this before and could help with info?

-S Double C-
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
i know whats wrong with it but its hard to explain, you need to find the wires for the auto neutral and park switch and wire them together. This will trick the car into thinking its in park or neutral and allow it to turn over and crank. You have a clutch now and these wires arent getting any signal that the car is in park or neutral therefore not allowing it to turn over. Good luck i explained the best that i could, if you were closer id help you ive done 5 auto to manual swaps.

REDEVO777
01-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Thanks For the info

Barefoot
01-11-2010, 10:19 PM
i know whats wrong with it but its hard to explain, you need to find the wires for the auto neutral and park switch and wire them together. This will trick the car into thinking its in park or neutral and allow it to turn over and crank. You have a clutch now and these wires arent getting any signal that the car is in park or neutral therefore not allowing it to turn over. Good luck i explained the best that i could, if you were closer id help you ive done 5 auto to manual swaps.
x2:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob: