PDA

View Full Version : Misc MEPS

1990wade
01-10-2010, 12:31 AM
like the title says...who has been and could u tell me wat it is like... im goin this tues and wed

im going into the Air Force

quickdodgeŽ
01-10-2010, 12:34 AM
I went back in 1989, lolol. I remember how to get there. I remember being there all day and going through several testing rooms. I remember at the end being led into a big, kind of dark room and being sworn in to the service. That's all I remember. Later, QD.

1990wade
01-10-2010, 12:41 AM
i have heard u have to get naked in front of everybody lol

95alty
01-10-2010, 02:02 PM
You get there and sit in a room and wait while they call out your name and what service. Then you go into another waiting room where they check your blood pressure and go through a series of medical exams such as the piss test, taking blood, hearing, they give you a quick physical where they look at your anus... And then the grand finale is the movement room. YOU DO NOT GET NAKED... u strip down to your underwear and do such horrific things like the duck walk and other gay shit in a smelly room in front of a female doctor. There will be 10 males and please dont fuck up or everyone will have to wait for your uncordinated ass.

Once thats over you get lunch and wait to swear in and you can go home. Hope I summed it up well enough for you :) enjoy

slimm
01-10-2010, 10:56 PM
i didnt read the responses in here so i might repeat the same ish someone else said. meps is an all day affair. you get a COMPLETE physical. you get your eyes, ears, and everything else checked. blood test, get your nuts rubbed...all the usual. its not that bad, its just LONG and hella boring. i went back in 2001. enjoy yourself. wait till you get to basic...HA!!!!

leobond001
01-11-2010, 02:55 PM
i have heard u have to get naked in front of everybody lol

not naked, but down to your boxers. and its only for like 10 minutes in a group. just LISTEN when you go or they will embaress you.

5speed
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Why exactly do they check your anus? I cant think of any reason why they would in order to be a soldier.

SoLJames95
01-11-2010, 04:18 PM
ANAL WARTS!!! :ninja: LOL I go in 2 weeks! Navy!

tjmhillz
01-11-2010, 07:49 PM
the imfamous duck walk.. like 95alty said you dont get naked u just strip down to ur boxers and socks. grab your ankles, squat and walk around the room like a duck.. the room def smells horrible smells like feet and ass. other than that its an all day event. alot of testing and paper work.. after everythign is done u get sworn in and then leave. you will get your date to be shipped out and wat job u are qualified for.

Turbo Terrance
01-11-2010, 09:31 PM
man my recruiter said i have to drop like 3-6 lbs before i got to meps im 6'0" and im 204.... if i get taped at MEPS shouldnt i be ok though

95alty
01-12-2010, 11:53 AM
man my recruiter said i have to drop like 3-6 lbs before i got to meps im 6'0" and im 204.... if i get taped at MEPS shouldnt i be ok though

You should be im 5'9 187

leobond001
01-12-2010, 01:07 PM
and remember, after you swear in, you're still not in. fuck up between then and the time you leave, and you're out

tony
01-13-2010, 08:54 AM
When I went one dude got sent home cause he couldn't do the duck walk

Sil-8ty
01-19-2010, 01:04 AM
meps sucks and but wen they take u to the hotel is cool but then u goota wake up extra early lol with a nasty fone ring

Turbo Terrance
03-16-2010, 07:09 PM
JUST GOT BACK TODAY!!!! I SHIP OUT IN JUNE TO THE ARMY!!!!!!!! THAT F'N PROCESS TOOK FOR EVER!!!!!

SE-R_Li-Go
03-16-2010, 10:28 PM
JUST GOT BACK TODAY!!!! I SHIP OUT IN JUNE TO THE ARMY!!!!!!!! THAT F'N PROCESS TOOK FOR EVER!!!!!

my boyfriend is a sergeant and was talking earlier today to two of our friends who are recruiting and they were talking about meps. i didn't know what it was, and when i asked they were talking about how awful it is and how you have to get up at like 4 in the morning. damn, i couldnt do that.
anywho, good luck with everything! :D

Turbo Terrance
03-16-2010, 10:37 PM
my boyfriend is a sergeant and was talking earlier today to two of our friends who are recruiting and they were talking about meps. i didn't know what it was, and when i asked they were talking about how awful it is and how you have to get up at like 4 in the morning. damn, i couldnt do that.
anywho, good luck with everything! :D

yea it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be... but once you get there to finish the processing thats when it gets boring... its just waiting, paper work, waiting....

bluuuurr
03-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Congrats on your decision man. I graduated BMT back in January.. If your worried about having to get naked in front of a Doctor, your gonna shit yourself when you get to Basic. But yeah.. just go in and do what you have to do. The Air Force is well worth the wait (I waited 9 months in DEP to ship). Especially now that I'm at a tech school with all the other branches. We get treated a little better than the other guys... What job are you looking to go into?? Ask any questions about BMT too.. since it's still pretty fresh in my mind

Turbo Terrance
03-31-2010, 11:48 PM
my friend and in the army and in the air force said the same shit!!!lolol air force ppl got it made!!! i was looking for Military Police but they didnt it available....

Dietcoke
04-06-2010, 12:53 PM
haha I remember the duck walk room from meps in atlanta.