PDA

View Full Version : Outdoors Got another plinker back - Fluted Bull Barrel Content!

Truegiant
01-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I helped a buddy of mine put this together a long time ago. He needed cash a while back and sold it to a guy on a local forum. I did some trading for it this morning. It was orig a Ruger 10/22 carbine and was converted to a .17HM2 not a HMR. Following the success of the .17 HMR, the .17 Hornady Mach 2(.17 HM2), was introduced in early 2004. The .17 HM2 is based on the .22 LR (slightly longer in case dimensions) case necked down to .17 caliber using the same casing as the HMR but at a velocity of approximately 2300 ft/s in the 17 grain polymer tip loading.

When we originally put this together it was about $1100 total. IT SHOOTS CRAZY small groups!

Ruger 10/22 Carbine ($250)
Custom Wood Peppered Stock ($120)
Aftermarket Trigger Set ($85)
Lever action Mag release ($45)
Jeweled Bolt assy ($85)
E. Arthur Brown Fluted .17hmr barrel ($225)
E. Arthur Brown Heavy Bolt kit / ext charging handle ($100)
Scope rail Mount ($45)
Simmons AETEC Scope 2.8x10 GLASS ($200)

I got it with 450rds of CCI Mach 2 Fast and Furious ammo. About a $80 value.

Now I am off to go do some plinking at a buddies. Here are some photos!

Danny
01-10-2010, 06:36 PM
very nice, how did she shoot?

Truegiant
01-10-2010, 06:56 PM
I didnt take the camera. It shoots about .42" average at 50yds, a .68-.72 average at 100 with me behind the wheel. I was shooting about 1.2" at 150 with around 4" of bullet drop at 150. I was amazed at how it shoots.

I really REALLY want to keep it but I need another 1911. I am trying to work every angle possible. I got my mauser, this and my trailer for sale on woodys. Hopefully I get them all sold. I need a beater truck, a 1911, and some cash. Then its on like donkey kong looking for the items we talked about for my new business adventure.

Danny
01-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Awesome man, need investors? Like i said, im building my "after grad fund". Selling toys, time to do some grown up stuff. :)

Ohh.. me and a friend went 50/50 on a reloading setup, should be here this week :D

Truegiant
01-10-2010, 07:20 PM
wow.. thanks for the invite on the setup focker. i have some .45 brass laying around i can send up with my knife, cuffs, and future project. Anywho...

I am hoping to get this business of and growing. I got a local friend who owns a commercial property and said i could use his lot as storage for free. I have to pay for the fence. I already have the liscense and insurance. Just got to start looking into payroll taxes, etc... anywho..

I will keep you posted.

Danny
01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
wow.. thanks for the invite on the setup focker. i have some .45 brass laying around i can send up with my knife, cuffs, and future project. Anywho...

I am hoping to get this business of and growing. I got a local friend who owns a commercial property and said i could use his lot as storage for free. I have to pay for the fence. I already have the liscense and insurance. Just got to start looking into payroll taxes, etc... anywho..

I will keep you posted.

Sounds exciting man. If you need an 'intern' just hollar, im gonna be ready for something new come end of may.

When we getting the reloading station up and rolling ill let you know. Then we can go from there.

DamnDisLaOsBoY
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
thats wicked looking. Danny and truegiant, Im waiting for a whole collection pic. lol

Truegiant
01-10-2010, 08:31 PM
Hmm.. I might can find one from a while back. It will be a 3 picture pic from back in the day. I sold most of my stuff to pay off a equity line, a years tuition at georgia tech for my wife, and pay off two cars if that gives you an idea of how much i had.

I am in the process of rebuilding as we speak.

Danny:

I will send all that stuff up prlly sometime the end of the week. I am going to try and acquire some more goodies from work for you to blast and reshoot.

I think I still have some powder shoved in the back of the closet i used to use on my 9mm stuff. I will check and see. Hollar at you guys later.