PDA

View Full Version : General Chat s2000 Help

VteC power
01-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Okay, Recently my car has been in the body shop for a week already. I have a 2002 s2000 with the front end being damage. My question is will they replace with the Ap1 or ap2 front end? Since Honda stop making s2000.:???:

sprix!
01-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Unless you specifically worked something out with your insurance company, they will be replacing it with the same year model parts. The fact that the S2000 has been discontinued is irrelevant to whether you will have newer year model parts installed on your car.
Chances are that the insurance company, even if you requested it would probably not install newer stuff on the car anyway. Prices are normally higher (even if it is marginal) for newer parts. Furthermore, the idea is to get your car back as close to it's pre-collision form. Not upgrading/updating parts.

xdavidscenex
01-09-2010, 09:02 AM
When I got in a wreck I told the shop I wanted ap2 bumper since it was the same price from Honda they did it

DamnDisLaOsBoY
01-09-2010, 09:49 AM
yeh the bumpers are about same price. the customer always has a say so in what they want with the money unless its like a body kit or something and your insurance company took it to a certain shop. they usually need to inspect the car after its fixed as well.

sprix!
01-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Like I said, if you look into it, and work something out- it is a possibility. If you haven't said anything, then you can expect a new AP1 bumper.

Aeroscout977
01-09-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah when I hit the deer they let me have a ton of say in what they did to my car. I requested all OEM parts instead of aftermarket and got it even though the oem parts were more expensive. They also removed my pin stripes for me for free. You can also ask to just pay the difference out of pocket. It never hurts to ask.

SPOOLIN
01-09-2010, 11:58 PM
talk to the body shop not the insurance. Ive done this a couple of times several years ago after i hit a few dear. I had a 94 del sol and they put the 97 front bumper on for me...like the insurance company can tell the difference lol. and when i hit a dear with the 97, i had them put the 94 back on LOL.

Deer are generally BAD in our county. Im a hawk EYE now with the R and country driving.

VteC power
01-10-2010, 08:25 AM
Well, im guessing im to late to tell them. But i appreicate everyones comment =)