PDA

View Full Version : photos!!!!!!!

ATL_e92
01-09-2010, 02:37 AM
some random photos i have taken, ENJOY

Tarzanman
01-09-2010, 06:53 AM
I would like the first one better if you could do something with the overexposed areas.

Did you bracket the exposure at all? HDR is a something of a fad, but it does have its uses... or maybe you could just manually merge some of the areas with a less exposed image.

jdmdb8itr
01-09-2010, 07:04 AM
damn,those pics are awesome. good job bro, id give you reps but dont have any to give. so props

Mr. Clean
01-09-2010, 11:40 AM
i like all the subjects, but the quality is just so terrible it takes away from them. they're super pixelated and mis-colored. i mean overall i really do like them, i just think you should take it easy on photoshop and focus on getting good quality images. i think i read that you have a d80 with probably the sigma 15mm f/2.8? if you're using a tripod, you should be able to get some really stunning pictures. you have a good eye though.

MrGurley
01-10-2010, 01:59 AM
nice pics mane!!!!

1990wade
01-10-2010, 02:22 AM
bump for nice pics

Tarzanman
01-10-2010, 07:58 AM
i like all the subjects, but the quality is just so terrible it takes away from them. they're super pixelated and mis-colored.
They are overexposed and it looks like he did some post work with upping the color saturation and black levels. That is just a guess, though.

I don't mind the odd, right yellow on the building or slight pink on the walkway... I do mind that you can't get any detail off any of the brick because its all so bright.

i mean overall i really do like them, i just think you should take it easy on photoshop and focus on getting good quality images. i think i read that you have a d80 with probably the sigma 15mm f/2.8? if you're using a tripod, you should be able to get some really stunning pictures. you have a good eye though.

If you look at the exif data, you'll see that the exposure time was 1 second, so he definitely used a tripod. (unless he's a surgeon or sniper)

Mr. Clean
01-10-2010, 11:29 AM
They are overexposed and it looks like he did some post work with upping the color saturation and black levels. That is just a guess, though.

I don't mind the odd, right yellow on the building or slight pink on the walkway... I do mind that you can't get any detail off any of the brick because its all so bright.

If you look at the exif data, you'll see that the exposure time was 1 second, so he definitely used a tripod. (unless he's a surgeon or sniper)

yeah the fire hydrant one was at 2 seconds. i just wanted to let him know there's room for growth lol.