PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods itbs?

tubby
01-08-2010, 07:27 PM
whats the deal? i see cheep ones on ebay and i see expensive ones. are they worth it? do u make that much mor power? whats necessary to run them?

punkr6
01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
its not worth it at all. you need really high compression and a LOT of tuning to make any real power. You can boost for a little more and make a ton more power...

ejohnson88
01-08-2010, 08:30 PM
It's super unnecessary for anything you will probably ever be doing, plus it would too much of a hassle. Unless your competing heavily with your car you really have no use for them. Save your money, trust me you'll be glad later on lol. I speak from experience.

Elbow
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
They aren't really made to make huge power gains versus the instant throttle response and smoother powerband you can get. I say ITB's > Boost but that's just me. They're much cooler.

iam99x
01-08-2010, 08:39 PM
They aren't really made to make huge power gains versus the instant throttle response and smoother powerband you can get. I say ITB's > Boost but that's just me. They're much cooler.

They sound amazing, too.

Elbow
01-08-2010, 09:30 PM
True, on most cars you can also make them for very cheap, I made some for the Miata when I had it out of a stock intake manifold and GSXR600 throttle bodies.

iam99x
01-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Yeah, I've seen that setup quite a few times. Brilliant if you ask me.

tubby
01-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Thanks guys that's wat I was thinkin my self. They do look good and sound amazing. Def way to much for my semi built lsv.

mistergou
01-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I have a homemade setup, it was a little bit of a hassle getting it running right, but with Hondata s300 I can daily drive it with no problems.

plus the sound an powerband are very niiice !:cheers:

jdmdb8itr
01-09-2010, 11:32 AM
home made ones are cheap and easy, just get some tb from a gsxr100 or 600. you can get them cheap

all-mota
01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
no if you have to ask you don't need them

tubby
01-10-2010, 11:11 AM
no if you have to ask you don't need them

its funny how u try to be a prick.......

i just love how people try to be like gaah ur so dumb.

if u wanted to be "different" here in the world of ia u should have tried to give some constructive criticism instead of some little bitch answer. i mean my question had already been answered. i know u have made some power with ur car (not in reps) but i dont know u at all but i have been around a little wile. in fact a just a little longer than u but that nonsense u posted was just un called for. its "Almost" like u read the thread title and u were like o man im a bad ass and im gona come in here and show this fooo whats up. lol ur so lame and really i am as well for taking this few seconds to reflect how dumb u are.

teh_mugen18
01-10-2010, 04:01 PM

if u wanted to be "different" here in the world of ia u should have tried to give some constructive criticism instead of some little bitch answer. i mean my question had already been answered. i know u have made some power with ur car (not in reps) but i dont know u at all but i have been around a little wile. in fact a just a little longer than u but that nonsense u posted was just un called for. its "Almost" like u read the thread title and u were like o man im a bad ass and im gona come in here and show this fooo whats up. lol ur so lame and really i am as well for taking this few seconds to reflect how dumb u are.

lol reps... i guess im dumb and lame too as i took the time to read it, and im taking even more time replying to it as well :rolleyes:

EDIT: must spread reps.... ill hit ya when i can. lol.

Vteckidd
01-10-2010, 04:25 PM
No they aren't worth it. The only itbs worth a shit are kinslers or jenveys an those are $1800+

you have to have a really nice motor that would benefit from itbs over a properly porter manifold. I can count at least 20 people making over 230whp with a $100 aebs manifold with a $200 port job.

So unless you are anywhere near that powerlevel it's not worth it. And they don't make peak power they make power under the curve mainly midrange. They were designed for road race cars not drag race

all-mota
01-10-2010, 06:13 PM

lol your a fucking idiot man i didn't come in here to be a dick you assumed i was. and the "oh i'm a badass i'm gonna show this guy whats up" thats funny that you say that because my car has jack shit to do with my attitude but you assume it does. if i drove a stock ass integra my reply would have been the same thing.

my constructive criticism is that if you weren't so stupid you would realize the truth in my statement 99.9% of the time if someone has to ask if they are worth using they don't know jack shit or what it takes to run them much less tune them. so before you try to be a smartass about how long i've been on this site sit back and think about something, i want you to go back and search how many threads there are on this forum asking the same question you just ask and they all get the same reply.

most people like them just because of the way they look and have no clue of the pro's or con's of them. i've been around long enough to know what the hell i'm doing regardless of my join date on this site.

But when you click on the allmotor forum and see the same damn stupid ass questions every few weeks it's get slightly annoying. especially when everyone that ask says they have a stock block lsvtec with a b16 head and gsr cams and wants to know if itb's are the way to go or not, followed shortly by yeah man there awesome just make some homemade ones they work great, when in reality they have no real world experience with them but they saw them in last months issue of honda tuning.

and thanks my day just got better knowing that i gained your approval.

Vteckidd
01-10-2010, 07:47 PM
He does have a point there's about 10 people that are quick to post "omg it's so awesome" on every thread it gets annoying .

There is so much bad information given out it's hard to correct sometimes especially when the peons argue with you.

Look at my guide to all motor. Look at setups that are makig power.

Most of these questions wouldn't need to be asked if a little common sense was applied

tubby
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
He does have a point there's about 10 people that are quick to post "omg it's so awesome" on every thread it gets annoying .

There is so much bad information given out it's hard to correct sometimes especially when the peons argue with you.

Look at my guide to all motor. Look at setups that are makig power.

Most of these questions wouldn't need to be asked if a little common sense was applied

really i was wating for ur responce...

Vteckidd
01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
No I mean I don't care if you ask questions but some people give responces should just stfu

Black R
01-10-2010, 10:30 PM
lol your a fucking idiot man i didn't come in here to be a dick you assumed i was. and the "oh i'm a badass i'm gonna show this guy whats up" thats funny that you say that because my car has jack shit to do with my attitude but you assume it does. if i drove a stock ass integra my reply would have been the same thing.

my constructive criticism is that if you weren't so stupid you would realize the truth in my statement 99.9% of the time if someone has to ask if they are worth using they don't know jack shit or what it takes to run them much less tune them. so before you try to be a smartass about how long i've been on this site sit back and think about something, i want you to go back and search how many threads there are on this forum asking the same question you just ask and they all get the same reply.

most people like them just because of the way they look and have no clue of the pro's or con's of them. i've been around long enough to know what the hell i'm doing regardless of my join date on this site.

But when you click on the allmotor forum and see the same damn stupid ass questions every few weeks it's get slightly annoying. especially when everyone that ask says they have a stock block lsvtec with a b16 head and gsr cams and wants to know if itb's are the way to go or not, followed shortly by yeah man there awesome just make some homemade ones they work great, when in reality they have no real world experience with them but they saw them in last months issue of honda tuning.

and thanks my day just got better knowing that i gained your approval.

THIS.

and I have two QUALITY sets of itb's. :) they do look and sound sick, but for 90% of people into honda's you should just get an aebs IM, port it for cheap, and gain probably as much or more peak without all the tuning hassles (been there doing that, lol).

Elbow
01-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Some stupid replies in here.

Even on a bolt on motor with a cam ITB's can help a lot, on a Miata you can gain 40WHP from ITB's alone.

all-mota
01-11-2010, 10:51 AM
THIS.

and I have two QUALITY sets of itb's. :) they do look and sound sick, but for 90% of people into honda's you should just get an aebs IM, port it for cheap, and gain probably as much or more peak without all the tuning hassles (been there doing that, lol).

yeah i hear you i've had two sets also and you really have to be committed to use them because they will drive you damn crazy. even though most of my tuning issues came from using piece of crap aem ems, the dta will be on the this month and all my issues should be resolved.

Even on a bolt on motor with a cam ITB's can help a lot, on a Miata you can gain 40WHP from ITB's alone.

that is true but the factory design on the intake manifold has alot to do with that power increase most of the time for mild setups on hondas a intake manifold is really all they need especially with all the aftermarket options out there.

now with the lack of aftermarket intake manifold designs for miatas i can see where that would be a wise choice.

KevinT707
01-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I have a homemade setup, it was a little bit of a hassle getting it running right, but with Hondata s300 I can daily drive it with no problems.

plus the sound an powerband are very niiice !:cheers:
Ok so what's your setup and what does it put down?

imbatman
01-11-2010, 11:12 AM
here... i dont know if this would help but i have Yamaha R1 1000cc bike carbs.. i had to drill the jets to match my 1600cc 4age motor... probably drilled more than i needed to.
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/pinoyrockss/DSC_0116.png
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/pinoyrockss/DSC_0012.png

mistergou
01-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok so what's your setup and what does it put down?

'95 b18c1 - skunk2 stage1 tuner cams, s2 cam gears, s2 valve springs/retainers, ITR pistons, full skunk2 exhaust, replica Hytech Header w/ custom test pipe, RC 440cc injectors, homemade ITB setup using Suzuki 50mm throttle bodies an custom velocity stacks ... tuned (TrackMasters did tuning) on hondata s300 vtec set 3800rpm an 8800rpm redline made 188 whp/ 135 tq on 93 pump gas an daily driven

more to come down the road just a fun car to tinker with
http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/42420/2242590450057660290S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2242590450057660290esMddn)

sidenote -- traded a set of wheels for ITBs awhile back, so not much money other than getting Hondata for this setup

tnomud
01-11-2010, 10:22 PM
some cars have them stock...............fast ones...........

Vteckidd
01-11-2010, 11:47 PM
'95 b18c1 - skunk2 stage1 tuner cams, s2 cam gears, s2 valve springs/retainers, ITR pistons, full skunk2 exhaust, replica Hytech Header w/ custom test pipe, RC 440cc injectors, homemade ITB setup using Suzuki 50mm throttle bodies an custom velocity stacks ... tuned (TrackMasters did tuning) on hondata s300 vtec set 3800rpm an 8800rpm redline made 188 whp/ 135 tq on 93 pump gas an daily driven

http://inlinethumb53.webshots.com/42420/2242590450057660290S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2242590450057660290esMddn)

sidenote -- traded a set of wheels for ITBs awhile back, so not much money other than getting Hondata for this setup

my car made 198/139 with a stock plenum

Vteckidd
01-11-2010, 11:51 PM

Show me a set of ITBs that makes 40whp when compared to a properly sized Plenum an TB

YOU CANT cause it DOESNT WORK THAT WAY.

For every guy that has made XXX whp, i can pull a dyno chart of a car with a $100 intake manifold and $100 TB making the SAME POWER.

With todays camshafts the Area Under the curve is easily made up with ramp rates and primary sizes. The only ITBs worth anything are too big for street car setups.

there isnt one person on this website, INCLUDING ME, that needs ITBs, PERIOD. I made 237whp/160TQ with a $100 AEBS Intake manifold , 70mm Skunk2 TB and a $100 port match done by DFE. How many people with a B Series in the last 5 years have come NEAR my numbers............ZERO. There hasnt been anyone within 15whp with a B Series.

ITBs cost too much to tune and are too much hassle and most people just think they are "cool". They dont add 40 PEAK WHP, thats absolute BULLSHIT unless they are comparing it to the same motor with a dime sized Throttle body

Vteckidd
01-11-2010, 11:52 PM
some cars have them stock...............fast ones...........

call me crazy but i think BMW, Toyota, Chevrolet who has TEAMS of engineers who designed ITBs systems for production cars are INFINITELY SMARTER than TODA, TWM, an OBX

tnomud
01-12-2010, 08:13 AM
call me crazy but i think BMW, Toyota, Chevrolet who has TEAMS of engineers who designed ITBs systems for production cars are INFINITELY SMARTER than TODA, TWM, an OBX

:goodjob:

Look at bike motors too. There are plenty of literbikes (all with ITB's) making 200HP NA. Bike motors are still DOHC 4 bangers (most of them).

mistergou
01-12-2010, 10:17 AM
my car made 198/139 with a stock plenum

what setup did you use?

imbatman
01-16-2010, 01:39 PM
......ITBs cost too much to tune and are too much hassle and most people just think they are "cool". They dont add 40 PEAK WHP, thats absolute BULLSHIT unless they are comparing it to the same motor with a dime sized Throttle body...

i agree with u:goodjob:
most street cars thats equipped with itbs are basically doing it for the "cool" factor. HECK! i did mine because i like the growling symphony that itbs make. i dont expect alot of HP/WHP gain from it at all but it will increase ur throttle response for the most part :yes:

iam99x
01-16-2010, 03:37 PM

You have a lot of money tied up in shitty power. Just my opinion. NA is not, and will never be my style. Unless it's a V8 or something.

Vteckidd
01-16-2010, 10:28 PM
what setup did you use?

Stock integra type-r motor
kiddracing narrow header
Crome pro tuned by Scotty

that's it

slowdsm
01-16-2010, 10:57 PM
itb is for freaken win. i love the sound of itb.

Vteckidd
01-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Unless you are making 260whp plus they are useless

iam99x
01-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Unless you are making 260whp plus your car is useless

Fixed.

turbomirage
01-17-2010, 11:14 AM
^^^LOL

slowdsm
01-17-2010, 09:14 PM
Unless you are making 260whp plus they are useless

it is like silicone implant. useless but sexy.

imbatman
01-22-2010, 10:19 AM
it is like silicone implant. useless but sexy.

that i agree with:yes:........mmmm sexy:boobies:

DVSRX-7
01-22-2010, 09:27 PM
batman u finish your car yet?

jerseyef9
01-22-2010, 11:12 PM
i agree wit vteckidd not bashing no one dreams or ideas
my buddy made almost 350whp wit itbs with like 14.1cr so if wanna play that game all i gotta say you PAY to Play