PDA

View Full Version : AT&T Burns Verizon with new Ad Campaign...

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Signs going from store to store today...

Nemesis
01-07-2010, 10:02 AM
wow lol

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 10:03 AM
More drama between Verizon and AT&T than on IA...

oneSLOWex
01-07-2010, 10:04 AM
thats funny....but Verizon > AT&T

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Where are their GINORMOUS signs on wheels??!?!?!? hrm Didn't think so...

eraser4g63
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Yeah not so much.

Julio
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
lol....

Verizon blows.

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 10:08 AM
I had to sit in on a meeting analyzing Verizon and AT&T attacking each other.

Works out great for us.

You guys keep going at it....

NEMO
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
I had to sit in on a meeting analyzing Verizon and AT&T attacking each other.

Works out great for us.

You guys keep going at it....
i agree i think they are hurting themselves by fighting with each other.

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I find it quite hilarious tbh... fighting like kids in high school

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I find it quite hilarious tbh... fighting like kids in high school

Well while they fight, I have previous customers from both walks of life coming to me starting new service....:goodjob:

Njobe
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
T-Mobile FTW!!!

Julio
01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
To bad those new customers dont know how Terrible the Sprint Customer service is.

BKgen®
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
ATT FTW

teh_mugen18
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
Its funny, especially because Verizon uses a lot of AT&T's cell towers to carry out that "supreme coverage" that they seem to have

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
To bad those new customers dont know how Terrible the Sprint Customer service is.

Fortunately my customers rarely have to deal with Customer Service on the phone..

oneSLOWex
lol....

Verizon blows.

pshhhh... I havent had a single problem and more than once have had service or better service than some on AT&T. Maybe Verizon sucks down there but here its awesome

stillaneon
Its funny, especially because Verizon uses a lot of AT&T's cell towers to carry out that "supreme coverage" that they seem to have

Please just stop before you make yourself look more stupid

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 10:31 AM

x2... CDMA does not work on GSM towers

teh_mugen18
01-07-2010, 10:32 AM

lolwut

:(

MR2DR
01-07-2010, 10:33 AM
god damn.. this fight is getting more interesting than the audi/bmw one a couple months back..

stillaneon
lolwut

:(

Verizon (and Sprint) run off of a CDMA network.

AT&T (and T-Mobile) run off of a GSM network.

So please explain how Verizon uses a technology that isn't compatible with theirs to expand their network.

S2KJD
i love the commercial where that dude is "uploading" himself and if you pause it right when the commercial begins than you will notice at&t starts at the neck while they start verizon at the waist lol...lame

On_Her_Face
01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
If the iPhone weren't exclusive to AT&T I wouldn't care what service I had.

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 10:36 AM
If the iPhone weren't exclusive to AT&T I wouldn't care what service I had.

It wont be long before Android is walking all over the iphone market.

On_Her_Face
01-07-2010, 10:36 AM
i love the commercial where that dude is "uploading" himself and if you pause it right when the commercial begins than you will notice at&t starts at the neck while they start verizon at the waist lol...lame

LOL you're right! Never noticed that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoAuhptVF-g

Cause Apple won't make new generations. Don't compare generations that aren't out to current generations. Also I've played with both. I like the iPhone better, I don't like blackberries, but are they bad phones? No. They all serve different purposes to me.

teh_mugen18
01-07-2010, 10:39 AM

So please explain how Verizon uses a technology that isn't compatible with theirs to expand their network.

lol okay, ill GTFO now
:tongue1:

*runs~~*

oneSLOWex
01-07-2010, 10:40 AM

Cause Apple won't make new generations. Don't compare generations that aren't out to current generations. Also I've played with both. I like the iPhone better, I don't like blackberries, but are they bad phones? No. They all serve different purposes to me.

Android is not blackberry

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Apple will make phones as long as they are making money

No one said anything about Blackberry though.

Hulud
01-07-2010, 10:43 AM
i did a case study on att and verizon last semester. honestly when it comes to coverage verizon is better. Att lacked in equipping themselves with enough 3G towers to cover as much as verizon.

but i still use att lol

oneSLOWex
01-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Apple will make phones as long as they are making money

No one said anything about Blackberry though.

I think some people get Android confused with blackberry somehow...I have ran into a couple of people who say stuff like that.

Elbow
01-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Verizon FTMFW.

roxie911
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
I love the fighting. Every AT&T commercial just cracks me up.

Oh, and AT&T>Verizon IMO

S2KJD
01-07-2010, 10:47 AM

thanks for confirming lol :D

swimshark
01-07-2010, 10:47 AM
T-Mobile FTW!!!

Id have to disagree because I do have T-mobile and it gets crappy service where AT T and Verizon will have service. After 3 years and getting multiple friends to bitch and complain they finally upped their service at Southern poly campus. I used to have to leave my phone in one spot just to get 1 or 2 bars and could only carefully text out.

I dont use interwebs at all on my phone since I work at a computer and have computers at my house so I dont need a phone with internet too. Dont have to worry about 3G and stuff since I mainly only make/take calls and text.

Julio
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
lmao @ this thread.

The Ren
01-07-2010, 10:54 AM
I have been using verizon since 2002 or 2003.. I have never had issues with them and the customer service is always awesome. What really sold me on staying with verizon were the texts and cell service I was able to get in the middle of the desert in Israel.

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 10:55 AM
I should get reps for bringing teh LuLz and debate! :ninja:

BKgen®
01-07-2010, 11:00 AM

lol bingo. We might as well compare PS3 to N64 while we're at it. :)

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:01 AM
At&t will stay on top as long as they stay using TDMA ( GSM )

Thats why T- Mobile is catching up..

TDMA is what most " WORLD " carriers are using.. or moving to.

Not saying TDMA is better then CDMA .. but if all Major carriers around the world are moving away from CDMA.. must be a reason why....

At the end of the day, I just think is a big fucking monopoly... while we argue what service is better, they keep making money.

Hulud
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
At&t will stay on top as long as they stay using TDMA ( GSM )

Thats why T- Mobile is catching up..

TDMA is what most " WORLD " carriers are using.. or moving to.

Not saying TDMA is better then CDMA .. but if all Major carriers around the world are moving away from CDMA.. must be a reason why....

At the end of the day, I just think is a big fucking monopoly... while we argue what service is better, they keep making money.

technically its closer to an oligopoly

juss sayin

oneSLOWex
01-07-2010, 11:07 AM
I should get reps for bringing teh LuLz and debate! :ninja:

Joo asking for reps?
:D

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 11:08 AM
Joo asking for reps?
:D

I iz asking for reps... but j00 don't have to give any if you don't wantz

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 11:09 AM
lol bingo. We might as well compare PS3 to N64 while we're at it. :)

Why? I am confused on how when the iphone was the biggest thing since sliced bread, all the iphone users wanted to reign heralds from the heavens about how awesome their touchscreen paperweight was.

Now that something is cooler than that, we aren't allowed to rub it in? Seems like a double standard

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:10 AM
technically its closer to an oligopoly

juss sayin

You are right.. More then 2 companies trying to get that paper y0 !

lmao..

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:16 AM
Why? I am confused on how when the iphone was the biggest thing since sliced bread, all the iphone users wanted to reign heralds from the heavens about how awesome their touchscreen paperweight was.

Now that something is cooler than that, we aren't allowed to rub it in? Seems like a double standard

In this Market.. you are going to need more then Android to knock off the iphone.. is simply the truth.

Not saying Apple is better then Android... but remember man..

Apple been around for years ..... they have a name behind them... that Apple Brand is OG... and is doing it right to keep up with Generations..

Now, Android is doing something Apple been doing with the Iphone..

In order for the Iphone to fall .. we need something new, never done before.. is sad, but is the true...

Echonova
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
My company provides my cell phone which is on Verizon. Now, I don't have web browing, 3G anything... Just a phone that makes phone calls (gasp). There are few places I don't have a signal.

Verizon > AT&T (for making phone calls)

BTW: I will send smoke signals before I EVER use a Sprint phone again.

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 11:23 AM
In this Market.. you are going to need more then Android to knock off the iphone.. is simply the truth.

Not saying Apple is better then Android... but remember man..

Apple been around for years ..... they have a name behind them... that Apple Brand is OG... and is doing it right to keep up with Generations..

Now, Android is doing something Apple been doing with the Iphone..

In order for the Iphone to fall .. we need something new, never done before.. is sad, but is the true...

And Android is developed by seemingly the only company that has enough money and resources to do whatever they want. "Google"

The iphone will never "fall" because there will always be people who are so hungup on "apple"

The only thing the iphone had over other phones was the ability to be fully customizable. Now that other phones can do the same thing, the prestige of having the iphone will slowly but surely disappear.

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
My company provides my cell phone which is on Verizon. Now, I don't have web browing, 3G anything... Just a phone that makes phone calls (gasp). There are few places I don't have a signal.

Verizon > AT&T (for making phone calls)

BTW: I will send smoke signals before I EVER use a Sprint phone again.

:cry:

Luckily you are old enough to know the art of smoke signals.:rolleyes:

tony
01-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Android will not knock the iPhone off any more than the iPhone knocked off Blackberry, people have their preferences but I think they all have staying power.

That said, I am an AT&T employee and I use Verizon because of the coverage. I have an AT&T business phone and if I attempt to talk on it on my way into work it will drop at least twice in the same place every day, Verizon on the other hand only drops in very rural area, I'm talking bumblefuck, SC.

AT&T does have the better internet service with their phones and I like that you can talk and surf at the same time (I tether my blackberry to my mac for the internet) but again, the coverage is garbage. You have to listen to the details in their marketing campaigns, their coverage is notoriously inefficient when you look at customer feedback.

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:30 AM
And Android is developed by seemingly the only company that has enough money and resources to do whatever they want. "Google"

The iphone will never "fall" because there will always be people who are so hungup on "apple"

The only thing the iphone had over other phones was the ability to be fully customizable. Now that other phones can do the same thing, the prestige of having the iphone will slowly but surely disappear.

Say something that some of us dont know...... ..

You know how google is going to beat Apple... Buying apple out... is simple marketing..... thats the only way.

You have to realize, the Iphone has been out for about 6 years now and no one has been able to knock them out... same design, a couple of software upgrades and they are still on top...

Pretty good run if you ask me.

Is a popularity contest.. lol

BKgen®
01-07-2010, 11:32 AM

LOL whoa whoa whoa, pump your brakes.

And what, may I ask, do you have to rub in? lol... At what point did you come under the impression that the Android is better?

I'm not saying there aren't good things about the Android, but now the iPhone is a paperweight? lolol back up your cute little 'argument' with some facts, tonto. lol

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:33 AM
The Iphone is like OBAMA ...

Looks great on paper , after hes on top, we still see all the fuck ups , but still like it...

makes sense.. Popularity contest...

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I have a boost phone which is Sprint, I get better service then my AT&T phone.. wtf..

lmao..

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 11:38 AM
Lulz @ thread...

swimshark
01-07-2010, 11:39 AM
can a phone company make a phone that has hologram capabilities? they should do something like that or have it do even more than what phones can do now days lol

TIGERJC
01-07-2010, 11:39 AM

We're getting the android too, but I dont care since I am getting out of direct sales

collins
01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
i love the commercial where that dude is "uploading" himself and if you pause it right when the commercial begins than you will notice at&t starts at the neck while they start verizon at the waist lol...lame it starts lower than the neck, but lol yeah... definately different starting points. thats funny

i'm guessing i speak only for myself here and not all other iphone users, but i didnt get my phone to be prestigious! lolol c'mon its a freakin telephone! i got it because i liked the ease of use and the way the operating system worked. also i can link it with itunes (which i use frequently instead of stealing all my music). it was the perfect match because of what it offered me, not because it made me "cool" :lmfao:

anyway, carry on with the debates. its quite entertaining.

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I want a phone that would wipe my ass and would clean my ruler after some heaving measuring... feel me.... until then, they all suck...

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I can out text all devices... EXCEPT the blackberry and iPhone... I can pwn the hell outta android on teh text messages...

JITB
01-07-2010, 11:42 AM
verizon is the best service i ever had.. i know alot of people with iphones, and they do drop alot. I was close to switching over to att and getting a iphone next month. but im gonna stick with Verizon and get the droid..

Bajjani
01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Sprint gained over a million new customers since the ATT Verizon shit started

Troof.

JITB
01-07-2010, 11:46 AM

Troof.

i dont see y them being competitive would change anyones mind on a company...lol Thats what you do to win customers compete.. thats like buying a nissan because Audi and BMW are goin at it..

but thats gonna be a million people that will feel the rath of Sprint when they go over on anything on their phone!

CeOTiO8
Damn they really bugging now...

stillaneon
^Exactly

And Tibby. I wasn't attacking YOUR iPhone.

It's cute....

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 11:48 AM
i dont see y them being competitive would change anyones mind on a company...lol Thats what you do to win customers compete.. thats like buying a nissan because Audi and BMW are goin at it..

but thats gonna be a million people that will feel the rath of Sprint when they go over on anything on their phone!

Its actually more like

AT&T and Verizon fighting over coverage, and then people realizing that they are paying WAY too much money to watch then fight on TV and that no matter what, they could save with Sprint.

Going over what? Sprint is the only company that offers unlimited EVERYTHING for under $100 and all of our data plans let you talk to anyone with a cellular phone for free.

Get on FB chat btw

Bajjani
01-07-2010, 11:49 AM

Sprint has the cheapest unlimited everything plan (for the big players in cell) so i can't go over
Its cheaper than Verizon's by 30$

I have a big issue with Verizon, I compared them with Sprint for a business plan for 60 new phones, Verizon would have been cheaper if I did 60 INDIVIDUAL phones than with a business. They are getting to comfortable being high priced.

IMO Sprint will gain a lot of market share in the next 2 years. But thats just me

swimshark
01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
vvvvv Comparison Commercial vvvvv

I guess if you think about it if AT&T is faster and they started at the same point downloading (at the feet) than when the commercial starts with AT&T in the lead would make sense.

But dont matter to me since I have T-Mobile (which sucks)

oneSLOWex
01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
verizon is the best service i ever had.. i know alot of people with iphones, and they do drop alot. I was close to switching over to att and getting a iphone next month. but im gonna stick with Verizon and get the droid..

You will be VERY happy with it. Its an awesome phone for sure!

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
^Exactly

And Tibby. I wasn't attacking YOUR iPhone.

It's cute....

You should check the new case I ordered for him...

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Its actually more like

AT&T and Verizon fighting over coverage, and then people realizing that they are paying WAY too much money to watch then fight on TV and that no matter what, they could save with Sprint.

Going over what? Sprint is the only company that offers unlimited EVERYTHING for under $100 and all of our data plans let you talk to anyone with a cellular phone for free.

Get on FB chat btw

Oh yeah, on top of being the ONLY company with 4g service in the US

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
You should check the new case I ordered for him...

Did you get that case with the two naked guys?

It looked like it would fit him amazingly

TIGERJC
01-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah, on top of being the ONLY company with 4g service in the US

The spokesman of Sprint speaks

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Did you get that case with the two naked guys?

It looked like it would fit him amazingly

Close... It's Dallas Cowboys colors... He better appreciate mah ass! Since I iz thoughtfuls

Bajjani
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Close... It's Dallas Cowboys colors... He better appreciate mah ass! Since I iz thoughtfuls

Go Cowboys!

Lets see if we can finally beat a team three times in one season..

Julio
01-07-2010, 11:58 AM
that whole 4g marketing plot hasnt gone to well.. neither has clear..lmao...

Sprint is fucked man.. they need to do something to get out of the bad customer rap.. i think sprint has great service.. but damn.. they have been trying so hard to get oout of that bad customer shit for a long time..

Whats bad is , you walk into a Sprint store, and it feels so ghetto and unproffesional..

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
The spokesman of Sprint speaks

Its what I do.....

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 12:01 PM

Sprint is fucked man.. they need to do something to get out of the bad customer rap.. i think sprint has great service.. but damn.. they have been trying so hard to get oout of that bad customer shit for a long time..

Whats bad is , you walk into a Sprint store, and it feels so ghetto and unproffesional..

What stores?

I can send them in for review.....

Just need to know

Julio
01-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Almost everyone Ive been to.. the one on Pleasant hill takes the cake...

lmao..

JITB
01-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Sprint has the cheapest unlimited everything plan (for the big players in cell) so i can't go over

I have a big issue with Verizon, I compared them with Sprint for a business plan for 60 new phones, Verizon would have been cheaper if I did 60 INDIVIDUAL phones than with a business. They are getting to comfortable being high priced.

IMO Sprint will gain a lot of market share in the next 2 years. But thats just me
for the non unlimited plans.. not everyone needs unlimited some that just talk on the phone and dont have a phone worth having all of the extras. but i had sprint, and it was terrible when i lived in conyers. i oouldnt et a signal at my Apartment or in my moms house. i had to go outside and talk in the driveway or garage. And in my apartment i had to go out on the back porch and hang over the balcony. And there was a giant no coverage zone around my complex. Not sure if it has improved in the last 2 years.. but that was my last experience with them. i was gonna move, so i was gonna upgrade to the new at the time Instinct and get the 99$ unlimited plan. but the coverage problems i had just killed it.

Other than that sprint was alright, I spent alot of time trying to get discounted for my lost calls, and the horrible service i got. but i only ended up with a 15$ credit for 100's of drop calls.. and all they said was we dont cover that area...:no:

but i do have a htc wing sprint phone for work and its kind of cool.. but thats because its free..lol

BABY J
01-07-2010, 12:03 PM

Stay off the drugs.

oneSLOWex
01-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Stay off the drugs.

I smoke rocks

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Almost everyone Ive been to.. the one on Pleasant hill takes the cake...

lmao..

Letting the big guys know now.

JITB
01-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Julio just got about 10 people fired...lol u all need some new faces to replace the fired ones as of 3 minutes ago.. i need another job! lol

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 12:07 PM
I smoke rocks

Will you S, a D for a cheezburger?

BABY J
01-07-2010, 12:13 PM
i did a case study on att and verizon last semester. honestly when it comes to coverage verizon is better. Att lacked in equipping themselves with enough 3G towers to cover as much as verizon.

but i still use att lol

Depends on what services you are referring to. Data? Voice? EDGE? AT&T has slighly less coverage but is a much faster network - PERIOD.

The problem markets fot ATT are almost exclusively related to iPhone - even APPLE didn't know that the phones would be used for this much data.

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Depends on what services you are referring to. Data? Voice? EDGE? AT&T has slighly less coverage but is a much faster network - PERIOD.

The problem markets fot ATT are almost exclusively related to iPhone - even APPLE didn't know that the phones would be used for this much data.

QFT,
Beginning of the Fall 2009 semester all the students at the University of Alabama crashed the network... with all the iphones...

Plus Verizon turned down APPLE when they came to them (1st) with the iPhone idea...

I have two iphones, its gotten better and I don't drop NEARLY as much... I maybe do once a month now, as opposed to once a week...

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Julio just got about 10 people fired...lol u all need some new faces to replace the fired ones as of 3 minutes ago.. i need another job! lol

LOL

Sprint has been cracking down and auditing stores.

Doubt initial firing will be taking place but someone wont like the verbal rapage their boss gives them after being yelled at by an IAE.

Mike Lowrey
01-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Say something that some of us dont know...... ..

You know how google is going to beat Apple... Buying apple out... is simple marketing..... thats the only way.

You have to realize, the Iphone has been out for about 6 years now and no one has been able to knock them out... same design, a couple of software upgrades and they are still on top...

Pretty good run if you ask me.

The ONLY thing the iphone has over other smart phones is the UI. After 6 years, that "new" iphone just added features that have been on other phones for 10+ years.

I agree that the iphone will not go away, but android will catch them in sales numbers very soon. Android offers more customization for the user. It is still not as polished on the UI side, but has more features and capabilities out of the box.

Is a popularity contest.. lol

LOL. Troof.

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 18 (17 members and 1 guests)
AdriSciontC, abl 2 fly, BABY J, baby50, big mac, deathrex, homemadeS14s, Jblizzard, keevo54, LvnBoOst, Mike Lowrey, never_finished, oneSLOWex, stillaneon

nice....

Jblizzard
They do this because it makes their names stand out over the rest of the competition. They both get a lot of benefits thru each other and each other also use multiple amounts of the same equipment.

They want it in the customers mind "Should I got with AT&T or Verizon". Each could care less whom you go with.

However....

VERIZON > ALLLLLLL

stillaneon
QFT,
Beginning of the Fall 2009 semester all the students at the University of Alabama crashed the network... with all the iphones...

Plus Verizon turned down APPLE when they came to them (1st) with the iPhone idea...

I have two iphones, its gotten better and I don't drop NEARLY as much... I maybe do once a month now, as opposed to once a week...

I'm not sure why anyone thinks that GSM is a faster network for data than EVDO....

but all networks are running into this issue....

oneSLOWex

HAIL NAW! LOL Brandon will though....he asked me one time "if i needed anything"

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 12:20 PM
HAIL NAW! LOL Brandon will though....he asked me one time "if i needed anything"

That is true

There have been plenty of lonely nights where I just stocked up on Cheeseburgers and magically (as if he could smell it from gainesville) there was a yellow tib in my driveway.

Of course Brandon has always been known to get excited over MEAT

Mike Lowrey
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
QFT,

I read an article somewhere that said that most of the network problems that ATT was having has to do with the setup of their routers and causing network delays and backups. I will try to find it and post.

Mike Lowrey
01-07-2010, 12:23 PM

Um, will you? :ninja:

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Um, will you? :ninja:

Not for cheezburger... :ninja:

Mike Lowrey
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Not for cheezburger... :ninja:

:lmfao::lmfao:

~serious face~ Then for what? :ninja: lol

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 12:33 PM

When I wanna... and for Mr. Banana only, so you'll have to just dream...

oneSLOWex
01-07-2010, 12:39 PM

FI DOLLA!

gtikid
01-07-2010, 01:37 PM
I read an article somewhere that said that most of the network problems that ATT was having has to do with the setup of their routers and causing network delays and backups. I will try to find it and post.

I read an article about the different ways that Verizon and ATT do things. They mentioned that Verizon likes to set stuff up before the customer needs it, so that when it comes time to use/need/require it, it's already there. ATT does things AFTER the customer demand is there. Which way is better? It's all up to you

This debate of the Iphone vs EVERY-other-phone-in-the-world will be never ending. Honestly, the only way for it to end is to get an Iphone into the hands of everyone who is opposed to it. The Iphone does what EVERY phone in the industry does. It texts, plays MP3's, surfs the web, emails, and makes phone calls. It just does it way better than the competition. You cannot compare one of those little Samsung Instincts, or any Samsung or LG phone for that matter, to the Iphone. Those phones are in fact PUSH SCREEN phones, NOT TOUCH SCREEN. You have to actually make pressure on the screen for it to recognize your movement. Those screens are not glass, which is why they don't break as easily as the Iphones.

Android is the only interface that has the potential to bring the Iphone down. You know how strict Apple is with ALL their products, and how limited they make them, and they treated the Iphone no different, which is why people jailbreak the Iphone. It allows for an open development source for apps that requires NO approval from Apple. You think that the App Store has a lot of apps? Jailbreak it and see how much more is available that was denied by Apple. Android markets ALL of its devices as customizable, customizable, customizable. You can customize this, make the phone YOURS, :blah:, and that's what the Iphone lacks (in a non-jailbroken state). Customers always ask, what's next for the Iphone? Well, the only thing that's left for the Iphone and to stay competitive with the amount of Android phones being developed (ATT is getting 5 this year alone), is to come jailbroken out the box and to give room for customization without having to "void your warranty" :rolleyes:

That was a bit longer than I thought....

BKgen®
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
OMG donnie, stop it right now.

you're turning me on

stillaneon
01-07-2010, 02:05 PM
OMG donnie, stop it right now.

you're turning me on

I knew you would like it.

Imust say that it is awfully cool for you to have a girlfriend that is so understanding about you being a homo and all. Of course, she must have known when she saw your car...

TIGERJC
01-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I read an article about the different ways that Verizon and ATT do things. They mentioned that Verizon likes to set stuff up before the customer needs it, so that when it comes time to use/need/require it, it's already there. ATT does things AFTER the customer demand is there. Which way is better? It's all up to you

This debate of the Iphone vs EVERY-other-phone-in-the-world will be never ending. Honestly, the only way for it to end is to get an Iphone into the hands of everyone who is opposed to it. The Iphone does what EVERY phone in the industry does. It texts, plays MP3's, surfs the web, emails, and makes phone calls. It just does it way better than the competition. You cannot compare one of those little Samsung Instincts, or any Samsung or LG phone for that matter, to the Iphone. Those phones are in fact PUSH SCREEN phones, NOT TOUCH SCREEN. You have to actually make pressure on the screen for it to recognize your movement. Those screens are not glass, which is why they don't break as easily as the Iphones.

Android is the only interface that has the potential to bring the Iphone down. You know how strict Apple is with ALL their products, and how limited they make them, and they treated the Iphone no different, which is why people jailbreak the Iphone. It allows for an open development source for apps that requires NO approval from Apple. You think that the App Store has a lot of apps? Jailbreak it and see how much more is available that was denied by Apple. Android markets ALL of its devices as customizable, customizable, customizable. You can customize this, make the phone YOURS, :blah:, and that's what the Iphone lacks (in a non-jailbroken state). Customers always ask, what's next for the Iphone? Well, the only thing that's left for the Iphone and to stay competitive with the amount of Android phones being developed (ATT is getting 5 this year alone), is to come jailbroken out the box and to give room for customization without having to "void your warranty" :rolleyes:

Not happening and we both know most customers could careless about customization. Shit majority people dont even know how properly turn off the phone or even make ring tones for the iphone. The iphone is simple and few can fuck up the phone and that why it appeals to so many.

BABY J
01-07-2010, 02:10 PM

This is not true. That article must have been written by a dork.

BKgen®
01-07-2010, 02:16 PM

Imust say that it is awfully cool for you to have a girlfriend that is so understanding about you being a homo and all. Of course, she must have known when she saw your car...

http://www.strangevehicles.com/images/content/4954.jpg

Very funny. Nice edit, sweetheart. Just remember, 2 can play at that game ;)

gtikid
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
This is not true. That article must have been written by a dork.

Your reasoning?

gtikid
01-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Not happening and we both know most customers could careless about customization. Shit majority people dont even know how properly turn off the phone or even make ring tones for the iphone. The iphone is simple and few can fuck up the phone and that why it appeals to so many.

People freak when they see a jailbroken phone and a different background, and their first response is, "I WANT." With all the Android phones coming like that out of the box, what's the Iphone gonna do to stay competitive? Add only a flash and call it a 3gSF? It's not like you have to be a genius to download anything from the App Store, themes and backgrounds wouldn't be any different

Mike Lowrey
01-07-2010, 02:34 PM

I stated some of this in post #89. iphone has UI and marketing over everyone else. I think they are too controlling over the features of the phone. Hell, they just added video and cut/paste after how many years?! I think apple will have to start opening more features to keep up with android. While android is more features, their UI needs some polishing.

My name is Bob, and I have an android. lol

AdriSciontC
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM

I think his homo-ness is sexy...

gtikid
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I stated some of this in post #89. iphone has UI and marketing over everyone else. I think they are too controlling over the features of the phone. Hell, they just added video and cut/paste after how many years?! I think apple will have to start opening more features to keep up with android. While android is more features, their UI needs some polishing.

My name is Bob, and I have an android. lol

Hello Bob lol

They are VERY controlling of their apps, which is the main reason people jailbreak. Apple approved the Google Voice app, then quickly removed it so that they could market the feature as something "new" for the 3gS. Google Voice works a whoooooooole lot better than the built in voice controls for the 3gS. Videos for the Iphone have been around since almost the first Iphone, just Apple didn't approve it, again, so that they could market the 3gS as a "new and improved" phone. They're badass at marketing and making money.

Personally, I just don't like how whenever I swipe an Android screen to the next page, I can see it kinda glitch and skip. It isn't as smooth as the Iphones.

Kevykev
01-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I learned something by observing major corporations.

They are no different from the "little guy" in terms of marketing.

On_Her_Face
01-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Android is not blackberry

I know Andriod is not a Blackberry, I was just throwing Blackberry in there cause certain phones are designed around certain lifestyles.

Android will not knock the iPhone off any more than the iPhone knocked off Blackberry, people have their preferences but I think they all have staying power.

This is what I was trying to say.

oneSLOWex, I don't know where you saying that I thought a Andriod=Blackberry came from but oh well.

so_jdm
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM
nobody wants to admit that the service they use is shittier than the other services out there...just like the guy that sells it thinks his is the best....imo iphone is the best phone out right now..how many apps do they have again? iphone=att so att ftw.

SloWRX
01-07-2010, 07:30 PM

i agree! i've had verizon for the past 8 years and never had a problem with them. never had my bill messed up, no going over minutes, always have signal, and customer service actually helps you out lol. but.... to each their own.

BABY J
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Your reasoning?

1 - I have been working in AT&T Mobility for the last 2 years (Alpharetta Data Center) as a Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer.

There are no network engineers emplyed by ANY major communications company that are REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE outside of network incidents that happen. Projecting network growth and latency reduction is what they go to school for - they don't make 6 figures a year just to tell the director of operations that they are behind. They make these projections 3 - 5 years out and the infrastructure is usually that many years ahead.

The problem is NOT AT&T - when/if iPhone rolls over to Verizon you will see the chink in their armor as well. The simple fact is that there is more data being downloaded per handset than even APPLE knew - as well as AT&T. Any carrier who carries that handset is going to get fucked in the ass:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/12/o2-apologizes-for-sketchy-iphone-service-in-london.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

From a consumer standpoint - there are more things right w/ iPhone data availability than there is wrong. The problem is the major markets (New York, Chicago). EVERY carrier that provides iPhone service is being taken for a ride - it's a NIGHTMARE for all the iPhone world markets.

BOTTOM LINE: For the US market no mobile provider in the U.S is more capable to carry the iPhone than AT&T.

Julio
01-07-2010, 08:46 PM
:bump:

Julio
01-07-2010, 08:47 PM
big picture... make sure some get the message.

Julio
01-07-2010, 08:53 PM
btw -

Im tethering, took a pic and sent an MMS ... all at once... hmmmm

cant do that shit on Analog...

Njobe
01-07-2010, 09:24 PM
the new phone that google is making, is going to make all other obsolete!

SPOOLIN
01-07-2010, 09:29 PM
x2... CDMA does not work on GSM towers

Thats not what he means. Verizon and ATT RENT SPACE on a lot of the same towers for their repeaters. HE is correct.

This kind of Marketing ploy is great. It means that basic american business competition is still around.

nobody has more cell coverage then sprint, but you have to PAY PAY PAY for that coverage because they can ROAM on any verizon repeater, so they go wherever verizon goes PLUS their own sprint towers.

bandydesign
01-07-2010, 09:33 PM
thread is worthless without poll

blaknoize
01-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Fortunately my customers rarely have to deal with Customer Service on the phone..

This was customer service in general. No one can best AT&T.

Ed
01-07-2010, 11:04 PM
I had Spring a long time ago (before Nextel even) and absolutely hated everything. Coverage, customer service, phone. I am sure all that has changed now, but I decided to not go back to it.

After that I got t-mobile. I was satisfied with customer service, but still got dropped calls. A lot of it.

Then I decided to switch to verizon. Customer service was amazing, and coverage was even better. But I only had a regular talk/text phone.

Last year I got my first smartphone (thanks to Tigerjc, thanks for everything you did yo) with AT&T. Customer service was great, since I knew someone that actually worked at the store and he helped me out a lot. For the longest time, I wanted to switch from my curve to an iphone but had always been scared to make the switch from a qwerty to a touchscreen keyboard (and also for financial reasons, I was broke and couldn't afford to buy a new phone, and my upgrade was still a long time to go). Now as far as coverage, I have not been happy with AT&T. The more bars in more places, at least for me, was not true. Inside my own home, I barely had a bar. I had to walk around to try to find reception. Other members in my family plan also had the same issues at home/work. I'd get dropped calls or call failed constantly. Comes christmas day, my mom finally dropped it and said let's go back to verizon. I'll buy our phones and pay for cancellation fees.

So I am now back to verizon, I have a droid and am EXTREMELY happy with it. I love it that I have a full qwerty and also have a ton of apps like the iphone.

In the end open source > closed source. iPhone is a great phone, no denying, but the droid is better.

Only issue I have with it is facebook. Since google and facebook do not see eye to eye, facebook is not in any hurry to provide support or updates for the platform on the droid. Other than that the phone gets a 99 from me.

/Long ass post

Ed
01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
Now the Nexus one vs. motorola droid battle is another story. The only difference between the platforms is processor and ram.

Nexus is obviously faster, but it runs the same operating system and is full touchscreen only.

Ed
01-07-2010, 11:22 PM
I love it how the iPhone's best "feature" is to talk, text, surf the internet all at the same time.....

really? is that the best you got?

On_Her_Face
01-07-2010, 11:38 PM
I love it how the iPhone's best "feature" is to talk, text, surf the internet all at the same time.....

Well what else do you want in a phone?

P.S. the iPhone 2 will be able to wipe my ass, brush my teeth and do everything the 3gs can do right now.

neon_ert3
01-08-2010, 08:53 AM
T-Mobile FTW!!!

YEAH :taun:

BABY J
01-08-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm suprised more people don't have BoostMobile

BKgen®
01-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Well what else do you want in a phone?

This^^

What can the Droid do that the iPhone can't?

*crickets*

stillaneon
01-08-2010, 10:18 AM
This^^

What can the Droid do that the iPhone can't?

*crickets*

Not have to be jailbroken to have 3rd party applications?

BKgen®
01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
*golf clap*

AdriSciontC
01-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Babe when do you want me to jail break your phone?

TheProfiteer
01-08-2010, 11:54 AM
This is probably the best phone currently out that uses the Driod OS.

The Acer Liquid A1
http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_liquid-2968.php

too bad that, in the US 3G will only work with AT&T

and this is the GSM version of Verizons Droid

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_milestone-3001.php

gtikid
01-08-2010, 01:15 PM
1 - I have been working in AT&T Mobility for the last 2 years (Alpharetta Data Center) as a Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer.

There are no network engineers emplyed by ANY major communications company that are REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE outside of network incidents that happen. Projecting network growth and latency reduction is what they go to school for - they don't make 6 figures a year just to tell the director of operations that they are behind. They make these projections 3 - 5 years out and the infrastructure is usually that many years ahead.

The problem is NOT AT&T - when/if iPhone rolls over to Verizon you will see the chink in their armor as well. The simple fact is that there is more data being downloaded per handset than even APPLE knew - as well as AT&T. Any carrier who carries that handset is going to get fucked in the ass:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2009/12/o2-apologizes-for-sketchy-iphone-service-in-london.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

From a consumer standpoint - there are more things right w/ iPhone data availability than there is wrong. The problem is the major markets (New York, Chicago). EVERY carrier that provides iPhone service is being taken for a ride - it's a NIGHTMARE for all the iPhone world markets.

BOTTOM LINE: For the US market no mobile provider in the U.S is more capable to carry the iPhone than AT&T.

Congrats, I've been working for AT&T 3 going on 4 years. This isn't a battle of how long we've been with the company man.

And I wasn't really referring to the data capacity or the "hit" to the network that AT&T took with the Iphone. It sucks I don't have the article anymore to be able to pull the rest of the stuff mentioned in it. What really stood out to me from that article was just that haha. In other words, I don't really have an arguement :doh:

AdriSciontC
01-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Congrats, I've been working for AT&T 3 going on 4 years. This isn't a battle of how long we've been with the company man.

And I wasn't really referring to the data capacity or the "hit" to the network that AT&T took with the Iphone. It sucks I don't have the article anymore to be able to pull the rest of the stuff mentioned in it. What really stood out to me from that article was just that haha. In other words, I don't really have an arguement :doh:

Now I really don't want to transfer into your store... then no more seniority for me...

gtikid
01-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Now I really don't want to transfer into your store... then no more seniority for me...

Haha after me you'd be next as far as seniority for PT

Julio
01-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I get great Customer service from At&t, i just call/text GTIkid.

Matter of fact, I called him with a question earlier today.

Matter of fact, I need to pay my bill =/

only part I hate.

Dirty Octopus™
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I get great Customer service from At&t, i just call/text GTIkid.

Matter of fact, I called him with a question earlier today.

Matter of fact, I need to pay my bill =/

only part I hate.
bwahahaha! :lmfao: i did the same thing yesterday!
he's all the customer service you'd every need! :goodjob:

gtikid
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
bwahahaha! :lmfao: i did the same thing yesterday!
he's all the customer service you'd every need! :goodjob:

Through text, phone call, and over COD :lmfao: Anything you guys ever need, you know who to hit up :goodjob: BTW, is your boy gonna come through Kash?

BABY J
01-08-2010, 02:32 PM

I'd like to take a look at that article. As a sidenote for every1. Tech writers are SOMETIMES being journalists - and SOMETIMES they are being paid to advertise... we have to be able to tell the difference. Car & Driver is famous for "advertising" GM shit vs just reporting on it from a neutral standpoint. :D

gtikid
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM
I'd like to take a look at that article. As a sidenote for every1. Tech writers are SOMETIMES being journalists - and SOMETIMES they are paid advertisements... we have to be able to tell the difference. Car & Driver is famous for "advertising" GM shit vs just reporting on it from a neutral standpoint. :D

The article is somewhere around 6-7 months old, lemme see if I can get a name of the paper it was published in. The journalist wasn't biased, he was actually very good on reporting on all the companies. He bashed them all evenly haha

Brian*
01-08-2010, 02:35 PM

Agree.

I wish I could waste money on dumb shit like that!

John@Z1
01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Now I see why my cell phone bill just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

BABY J
01-08-2010, 02:40 PM
The article is somewhere around 6-7 months old, lemme see if I can get a name of the paper it was published in. The journalist wasn't biased, he was actually very good on reporting on all the companies. He bashed them all evenly haha

LOL - right on. :)

SLo_MKIII
01-08-2010, 03:14 PM

Im not agreeing that use the same towers however verizon is both cdma and gsm. Not in the US but when you leave the country verizon phones become gsm hints the reason they have sim card slots

civicturbo10
01-09-2010, 01:28 PM

Troof.
You must be talking about them back in the day....
From the numbers i'm reading - http://www.forbes.com/2009/02/27/sprint-telecom-subscriber-markets-equity-wireless_32.html.
This is just one of a few articles i've read over the last couple years. As a former user of Sprint/Nextel i can see why. Unless corporate users grew they def. lost customers in the millions and from what i'm gathering they have been losing customers for years....

Granted you will gain new customers but you have to look at the big picture...

Sprint does have good pricing but that doesn't hide its many faults. The only reason Sprint is alive IMHO is because of price point. An advantage they have carried very well over the years. Look at MetroPCS with with around 6.4 millions ( drop in the bucket compared to the major players) users. Year over year % growth is huge. Anyway, here is why i dropped them as a long time user -

1. While traveling 285 West to 400 north – dead spot near King and Queen building while driving on the highway. My calls would literally drop off. Had to learn to not call during those times very inconvenient considering what a cell phone is designed for.
2. When raining or even cloudy – signal strength is abysmal. Really can’t make/receive calls, very annoying. The performance really varies but I can honestly say 99% of the time it is terrible(in cloudy / rainy weather) and your business would definitely suffer b/c of the reliability.
3. Signal strength inside buildings is very weak, especially when inside your pocket. Even on sunny days the reliability varies too much within a building.

4. I760 Phone would reboot quite a bit - 5 - 10 times in a month. That is way too much. My older phone was built like a champ and just ran like it should.

Hello Bob lol

They are VERY controlling of their apps, which is the main reason people jailbreak. Apple approved the Google Voice app, then quickly removed it so that they could market the feature as something "new" for the 3gS. Google Voice works a whoooooooole lot better than the built in voice controls for the 3gS. Videos for the Iphone have been around since almost the first Iphone, just Apple didn't approve it, again, so that they could market the 3gS as a "new and improved" phone. They're badass at marketing and making money.

Personally, I just don't like how whenever I swipe an Android screen to the next page, I can see it kinda glitch and skip. It isn't as smooth as the Iphones.

Yeah Google voice needs polishing on the interface too. But it works...

obd1kenobi
01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
i saw those on south cobb drive lol

NewGen33
01-09-2010, 02:00 PM
What stores?

I can send them in for review.....

Just need to know

You can start with every Newnan store. I took my Palm in because somehow at the varsity the mic and speaker went out. After waiting 30 minutes the chick takes my phone attempts to strip it completely to check for water damage then only put half the screws back in it. This took 45 minutes for her to do. Her reply was oh well your getting another one. I go back a week later never got a call saying it was in to get them changed out. The phone wont sync the contacts so again they tell me to wait for another one to come in. 15 minutes later I get to my house they call and say sorry it was our syncing machine that was messed up. Back to the store I go to get the refurbished one. Once there they tell me I have to take it while they hold my credit card to another sprint store to get my contacts synced. This store was just as bad, horrible attitudes minimum knowledge. An hour later I'm back on my way to the other Sprint store give her the busted one take my new to me one and leave pissed and over Sprint. I have had way better service with sprint in different locations but a kindergarten class could of performed better than this group of idiots.

man
01-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Why do people argue about this stuff? People get more and more lame every year.

BKgen®
01-09-2010, 04:43 PM

shut up man.

man.

man.....

.blank cd
01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/3323854581_b191e74430.jpg

that is all

man
01-09-2010, 06:42 PM
shut up man.

man.

man.....

I will beat you with my 1989 Centel Phone!

gtikid
01-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Why does anyone argue about anything?

Njobe
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
you can't answer a question in another form of a question.

man
01-09-2010, 08:25 PM

That's a damn good question. BTW let me steal your top...

Ed
01-10-2010, 07:49 AM
arguing makes us feel important.

bowdown201
01-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Yea? Well I has verizon. I also get really tired of seeing all the gay ass ATT commercials. I would feel the same if it were Verizon or Sprint or anyone else. Shit just gets old

ironchef
01-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Got T-Mobile and don't have any issues. It was rather funny on NYE when I had full 3G service and could send/recieve texts & calls while my friends with AT&T couldn't do shit.

I've been getting 3G pretty much all over the city. Only really trouble spots for me seem to be when I'm deep inside of some school building.

AdriSciontC
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Got T-Mobile and don't have any issues. It was rather funny on NYE when I had full 3G service and could send/recieve texts & calls while my friends with AT&T couldn't do shit.

I've been getting 3G pretty much all over the city. Only really trouble spots for me seem to be when I'm deep inside of some school building.

Lies, I could do both on NYE...

BKgen®
01-10-2010, 12:51 PM
Lies, I could do both on NYE...

True story.

I was with her :ninja:

AdriSciontC
01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
True story.

I was with her :ninja:

:kiss:

BKgen®
01-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Get to work!!!

ironchef
01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Get a room.

BKgen®
01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
S my D.

AdriSciontC
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Get to work!!!

Hey, you're one to talk MR...

green91
01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Ive been a sprint customer for many years and couldn't be more happy with my service from them. Every time ive had to deal with phone support theyve been helpful and gone above and beyond to keep my business. Their price points on the plans are fantastic also. I went from $99.99/mo unlimted everything to a $69.99/mo because they now offer unlimited m2m on any carrier. When i moved and didnt have great service at my new house, sprint provided me with a free airrave and waived my service fee for it. Ive had them give me a free month's bill. I know their wrap in the past has been horrible.. but for me i couldnt be happier. Especially having come from the nightmare AT&T. I do like the iphone but i will not do business with att.

Julio
01-10-2010, 09:54 PM
all this talk = bullshit..

Google finally realized, Tmobile and Verizon sucks..

So they are going to At&t... Americas fastest 3 g network..

Droid phones on AT&T...lOlwut...

lmao

ironchef
01-10-2010, 10:31 PM

lmaoIts not like they're leaving Verizon or T-Mobile. They're just expanding the range to AT&T.

Aside from the IPhone, T-Mobile currently has the two best phones imo, the Nexus One and the Nokia N900.

Julio
01-10-2010, 10:37 PM
:kiss:

Are you 2 :idb:?

BKgen®
01-10-2010, 10:40 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/brandonp47//6643-11055.gif

Echonova
01-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Are you 2 :idb:?Only when I'm on the road.

Julio
01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
I cant beleive this thread is almost 10 pages long...

BluesClues
01-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Just saw T-Mobile commercial. They are attacking them both! lol

Julio
01-10-2010, 11:52 PM
AT&T has lost the first battle in a legal war against Verizon Wireless to force the company to stop showing advertisements that compare its 3G wireless network coverage with Verizon's coverage.
A federal judge in Atlanta on Wednesday declined to grant AT&T a temporary restraining order that would force Verizon to stop showing the ads.
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20091118/Verizon_3G_coverage_map_270x177.jpg (Credit: Verizon Wireless)
AT&T filed a lawsuit in federal district court in Atlanta earlier this month (http://importatlanta.com/8301-30686_3-10389960-266.html) asserting that Verizon Wireless' advertisements mislead customers by suggesting that AT&T subscribers cannot access wireless Internet services throughout its network. AT&T has called the ads blatantly false and has said that the commercials have caused irreparable harm to the company.
AT&T had asked the court to keep Verizon from running the advertisements until the matter is settled in court. But the judge on Wednesday declined this request.
The advertisements that Verizon is running show two maps that each indicate 3G wireless coverage. One map shows coverage for Verizon and the other depicts AT&T's coverage.
AT&T doesn't argue that the maps are incorrect in terms of showing its 3G coverage. But it says that Verizon is misleading customers by implying that they cannot use their phones or access the mobile Web when they aren't in 3G coverage areas. The reality is that customers can make phone calls and access the Internet from their phones using the company's slower EDGE or GPR networks.
Verizon argues its advertisements are simply pointing out the fact that AT&T has not invested enough in upgrading its network to handle increased traffic from smartphone devices, such as the Apple iPhone (http://www.cnet.com/apple-iphone.html).
Verizon has modified its ads slightly to indicate that the map applies only to 3G coverage and not regular 2.5G service, which is adequate for making voice calls and connecting to the wireless Internet at slower speeds.
Verizon said in its 53-page rebuttal to the court earlier this week (http://importatlanta.com/8301-30686_3-10399747-266.html) that AT&T is not suing Verizon because the claims are false, but because it doesn't want to face the truth about its network.
AT&T said it plans to press on with its case despite the fact that it lost the latest legal battle.
"While we are disappointed with the court's decision on our request for a temporary restraining order, we still feel strongly that Verizon's ads mislead consumers into thinking that AT&T doesn't offer wireless service in large portions of the country, which is clearly not the case," Mark Siegel, a spokesman for AT&T, said in an e-mail. "We look forward to presenting our case to the court in the near future."

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20091118/Verizon_3G_coverage_map_270x177.jpg

BluesClues
01-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Wow, didn't realize it was so serious :eek:

alpine_aw11
01-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I have a G1 with t-mobile and I love it.

I just said that to see all the phone gurus make fun of me....but I do love it.

Ziptied
01-11-2010, 08:39 AM

This.

Ziptied
01-11-2010, 08:43 AM

lmao

Um, sorry dude. But we don't give two fucks over who uses our OS, TMO just paid us the most to start it all off. All of the flagships will stay with TMO. IE the G1 and the forthcoming Nexus One. We aren't "going" anywhere lol. Think of us and the cell phone game like blackberry, everyone will carry our products, but TMO will at least for the forseeable future get the flagship devices. Google as a whole doesn't give a shit for any provider, which is why our work phones are from every carrier, its our choice. Now, there's plenty more I can't say, but that's what I can.

BABY J
01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/159184