PDA

View Full Version : General Chat best suspension for my new car.

TWINKIE
01-07-2010, 03:00 AM
i just bought an em1 and im running skunk2 sleeves on stock struts
i normally just use full bodied coilovers,
but i need to know what is going to be a good choice for a good stiff strut without spending a ridiculous amount of money.

cliffs:
*need stiff ass suspension (without getting into track car status, just a good stiff DD approved strut.)
*not trying to spend a fortune, but not trying to cheap out.

Humphrizzle
01-07-2010, 03:03 AM
function & form are good.

so are Ksports and D2s

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 03:07 AM
Function & Forms, Ksports, & D2's are all the same. And are shit.

Go with Skunk2. If you dont want to shell out the cash for Pro-C's, go with Pro-S's. You honestly cannot beat Skunk2 for the price.

Orrrrr, Koni/GC's ... I hear better things about Koni/GC than anyone else.

ej_one
01-07-2010, 03:37 AM
fuck skunk2 pro-s had them and hated them i have function & form type one's and love them.

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 03:54 AM
fuck skunk2 pro-s had them and hated them i have function & form type one's and love them.

they're all the same shit, made in some factory in taiwan. go to bed zack why the hell are you still up?!

P.S. to the OP, import atlanta probably isn't the best place to be asking for advice about suspension if you're expecting actually educated advice thats backed up by facts. if you're looking for opinions, sure - but if you want facts i'd head over to honda-tech. ;)

ej_one
01-07-2010, 04:05 AM
[quote=toxxxic;38686359]they're all the same shit, made in some factory
in taiwan. go to bed zack why the hell are you still up?!
P.S. to the OP, import atlanta probably isn't the best place to be asking for advice about suspension if you're expecting actually educated advice thats backed up by facts. if you're looking for opinions, sure - but if you want facts i'd head over to honda-tech. ;)[/qu

skunk2 suck that why i sold them. one of them blow in like 6 months the function & form are still going strong.
and p.s. you go to bed.

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 04:07 AM
it all depends how you ride on them. like you zack, rode on the pavement. no wonder them shits blew. dur. lol function & forms let you go lower, but they're all the same shit made in the same place out of the same parts. blah blah blah.

when dylan's D2's came, the freakin spring rates werent even set. what kind of bullshit is that. and they made SO MUCH NOISE!!! haha

dallasb84
01-07-2010, 04:09 AM
btw.... konis are made in china.....

function forms are made in china....

and function form knock offs are made in china....

all by the same factory......

oh and skunk 2....... they are distributed in america.... where they are made is another story

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 04:11 AM
btw.... konis are made in china.....

function forms are made in china....

and function form knock offs are made in china....

all by the same factory......

oh and skunk 2....... they are distributed in america.... where they are made is another story

seeee. someone else here has brains. same shit, different price tag lol

ej_one
01-07-2010, 04:11 AM
it all depends how you ride on them. like you zack, rode on the pavement. no wonder them shits blew. dur. lol function & forms let you go lower, but they're all the same shit made in the same place out of the same parts. blah blah blah.

when dylan's D2's came, the freakin spring rates werent even set. what kind of bullshit is that. and they made SO MUCH NOISE!!! haha
and thats why i like them and i don't like d2's

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 04:12 AM
and thats why i like them and i don't like d2's

i wonder how shitty the blox ones are. i haven't heard anything about them yet.

ej_one
01-07-2010, 04:16 AM
i dont know but they are to much

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 04:20 AM
i dont know but they are to much

they're only $570 on jhp... that's the cheapest set on there haha

ej_one
01-07-2010, 04:23 AM
$60 more and you can get function & form

Humphrizzle
01-07-2010, 04:52 AM

D2s come with a 36 way adjustable dampening which makes for a smooth ride and get a very low stance.

i see nothing but an unproven opinion about the 3 coilover systems..

i've heard of many reviews of all 3 of them as being a very good quality product.

I'll be going with the D2s when I have saved the money.

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 04:55 AM
D2s come with a 36 way adjustable dampening which makes for a smooth ride and get a very low stance.

i see nothing but an unproven opinion about the 3 coilover systems..

i've heard of many reviews of all 3 of them as being a very good quality product.

I'll be going with the D2s when I have saved the money.

D2's are shit, my friend. they come with the springs loose, they make hella noise. Don't waste your money. And they don't go low at all :( In fact, out of all of them, D2's allow for the LEAST low-ness. F&F's allowing the lowest.

And by the way: D2's, Skunk2's, F&F -- are all available with the adjustable dampening ;)

edit: i guess to someone who has never felt GOOD suspension (and by good, i dont mean 900 dollar coilovers lol), you wouldn't know the difference anyway :/

Humphrizzle
01-07-2010, 05:08 AM
HA!

you think just because you have a fucking del sol and rolled fenders you are the master of suspension!?

I do not have anything but skunk 2 springs on my civic but i damn well know what i'm talking about when i speak about suspension.

You go on about your skunk 2 cheap-o shit and I'll do an actual review and not take my information from someone who had ONE bad experience.

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 05:15 AM
what the fuck is up with everyone on this site getting butthurt about everything i say?

i'm offering you ADVICE, telling you that D2's are a waste of money, and if you're going to blow 800 bucks on coilovers, get something other than D2's. they're shitty.

christ. pull your head out of your ass. LOL.

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 05:20 AM
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2558152

there's your "REVIEW", genius.

Humphrizzle
01-07-2010, 05:22 AM
im not butthurt, you're just giving bad advice.

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 05:26 AM
im not butthurt, you're just giving bad advice.

i'm giving bad advice because i witnessed the shitty quality and ripoff price first hand, and am now passing it onto you ?? and have heard the exact same "review" from multiple friends in the scene who are far more experienced in this area than most of the noobs on this site ... ?

that's bad advice?

Humphrizzle
01-07-2010, 05:28 AM
yep..

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 05:29 AM
lol. okay, like i said, you probably wont notice the difference anyway.

i mean, i know they're pretty and purple and everything but seriously, read up on shit before you buy it.

Humphrizzle
01-07-2010, 05:30 AM
So you're saying the D2 coilovers are bad because someone you know ordered some and the spring rates were incorrect?

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 05:39 AM
they dont come with spring rates set. ever. period.

it's like ... a guessing game i suppose.

they rode like ass. you could hear them squeaking over the radio 24/7.

not worth $850.

http://honda-tech.com/showpost.php?p=40659118&postcount=23

TWINKIE
01-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Go with Skunk2. If you dont want to shell out the cash for Pro-C's, go with Pro-S's. You honestly cannot beat Skunk2 for the price.

first girl that legit knows her shit about this
nice

and im not a noob i dont want a full bodied coilover, ive had ksports and they fucking sucked, i like tein super street, and tein mono flex, ive also owned omni power coilovers and was pretty content with them along with like 4 other setups along the way, i just want opinions of something thats not run of the mill as shit.

i need new struts, i feel like if i got good stiff struts id be more content with them than i would ever be than with ksports or some dumb shit,
and id normally just go back to tein but i dont have the money

TWINKIE
01-07-2010, 11:03 AM
So you're saying the D2 coilovers are bad because someone you know ordered some and the spring rates were incorrect?

no D2s are bad because theyre made by a cheap company, that just simply adds to the long list of what a joke they are.
the struts blow quick as fuck, if you actually track your car go ahead and plan on buying a new set every event.

if your car is "slammed" theyll last maybe 8-9 months im just tired of that shit.

eraser4g63
01-07-2010, 01:04 PM

Actually Ksports are a pretty good suspension setup considering that there are a good many cars utilizing their set ups and winning.

TWINKIE
01-07-2010, 03:12 PM
Actually Ksports are a pretty good suspension setup considering that there are a good many cars utilizing their set ups and winning.
false
they blow easily
if youre sponsered by a company and they can replace them every event then yeah theyll hold up for a full event.
but they are fucking garbage otherwise

Slomaro Z28
01-07-2010, 04:22 PM
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EIB-4051-711/?rtype=10

eraser4g63
01-07-2010, 05:11 PM
false
they blow easily
if youre sponsered by a company and they can replace them every event then yeah theyll hold up for a full event.
but they are fucking garbage otherwise

Most sponsorships don't = free parts, discounted maybe but not free. Most of the time it is a contingency program where you earn money for winning. I personally have never heard a single bad thing about Ksport if you don't try to dump you car ( which is retarded in the first place). I actually can think of several guys I have been at track days with that run Ksport and swear by them. But from what I have gathered from your (and every ones else's ) animosity is based on hear say or someone using the product wrong.

punkr6
01-07-2010, 05:18 PM
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EIB-4051-711/?rtype=10

and this

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh120/dc2integra4life/tein_logo.gif

bigdare23
01-07-2010, 05:32 PM
ground controls + koni yellows

lanning
01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
i would suggest d2's, i had a set and never had a problem with them. they are well worth the money

toxxxic
01-07-2010, 07:14 PM
i would suggest d2's, i had a set and never had a problem with them. they are well worth the money

someone didnt read this thread.

TWINKIE
01-07-2010, 07:42 PM
^lawl

lanning
01-07-2010, 07:58 PM
someone didnt read this thread.
:goodjob: i have owned them and never had a problem with them

greasemunkey
01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
:goodjob: i have owned them and never had a problem with themive had a set before, they were great but a little rough for dd, car was also dumped to the ground though

blaknoize
01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
well... I prefer stock ride height... I hate being so low. If, however, I were to lower a ride, it would only be around 1inch

Capt._Ron
01-08-2010, 11:19 AM
they dont come with spring rates set. ever. period.

it's like ... a guessing game i suppose.

they rode like ass. you could hear them squeaking over the radio 24/7.

not worth $850.

http://honda-tech.com/showpost.php?p=40659118&postcount=23

Dont come with the spring rates set???? So what your saying is they put random coils in the coil overs. Spring rates are set by the coils in the coilover, they can't be adjusted, typically, with ordering different coils and taking apart the coilovers to install them. Dampening can be adjusted on most but not the spring rate.

JITB
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Stick to what works, and what has been working for years!

Koni
Eibach
Tein
Ground Control
JIC
Bilstein
Tokico
Neuspeed

Companies that were making money and selling good products before the forums made up eVeryones decisions, These new companies are all the same, just different colors/spring rates.....

Slomaro Z28
01-08-2010, 01:41 PM

Koni
Eibach
Tein
Ground Control
JIC
Bilstein
Tokico
Neuspeed

Companies that were making money and selling good products before the forums made up eVeryones decisions, These new companies are all the same, just different colors/spring rates.....

Best advice in here so far, everyone is looking to save money. If you wanna save money, drive the car the way it came from the factory. If you cheap out on parts, don't bitch about how crappy they are.:2cents:

TWINKIE
01-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Best advice in here so far, everyone is looking to save money. If you wanna save money, drive the car the way it came from the factory. If you cheap out on parts, don't bitch about how crappy they are.:2cents:

yeah definately not trying to cheap out
im looking for cost effective i just paid in cash for my next semester and i dont have 1700$ to spend on suspension.

trust me i have 2 cars and neither have a single replica part.

i dont cheap out on anything
do it right or do it twice.

Andy_013
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM

Koni
Eibach
Tein
Ground Control
JIC
Bilstein
Tokico
Neuspeed
Buddy Club
Cusco
Tanabe

added a few more good companies

KevinT707
01-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Wow, so much anger in this Best Suspension thread. Toxxic got em rowdy!

Function & Forms, Ksports, & D2's are all the same. And are .

You do have some good info young lady; F&F, KSport, and D2 might all be the same but I'm not sure if they are "shit" now. I've ran my KSports for over a year and have not had any problems out of them. They suspension responds to the dampening knobs just like they're suppose to.

Of course everyone has 'heard' about the Koni/GC and I'm sure they work well but they will cost you about $200 more (around $700-800).