PDA

View Full Version : why do people start smoking??

SLOWR/T
10-24-2005, 10:32 PM
well theres a thread on whos quit. so i ask why did you start in the first place???

The Yousef
10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
....boredom

no seriously...i got that bored during high school...then i quit (i got bronchitis for like 3 months...pretty sure that was an omen...then quit)

but i do indulge every once in a blue moon...:(

yousef

Spyder
10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
well theres a thread on whos quit. so i ask why did you start in the first place???

Because im a jack ass.. :(

neontuner95
10-24-2005, 10:49 PM
I imagine from being bored and trying to fit in I was a social smoker. I smoked because my girl did and I wanted to impress her! In my younger days.

civic95
10-26-2005, 06:55 AM
Cause thats what a lot of people did after school. Wish I never did though :(

HyPer50
10-26-2005, 08:12 AM
Eh, well it's gonna sound like "peer pressure" but it really wasn't.. It was just something else to do with my buddies... they'd always go out for a smoke break (not to mention 90% of my family growing up was a smoker) so I decided to join him... Now the reason to keep smoking for me was that it gave me something to do.. plus it calms your nerves.. not to mention it feels damn good to light one up after a meal or just waking up or just when your bored as shit and are waiting on something... but oh well, i quit.

Kevykev
10-26-2005, 08:27 AM
one of my friends actually said "boredom" as well.

LaurenK
10-26-2005, 08:57 AM
cause I'm an idiot.

kelly marie
10-26-2005, 09:19 AM
i started in high school but was never addicted... i quit for a couple of years then i started working in a bar and started again... and i too am an idiot... i know how bad it is for me...

uproot
10-26-2005, 09:21 AM
why do people start drinking??

BTEC
10-26-2005, 09:24 AM
originally i started to see how hard it was to quit bc my mom said she couldnt stop and i didnt understand. i started stealing her smokes at 15 smoked til i was 17 and quit cold turkey to show her that i could do it and to find out how so i could tell her how i did it. ive quit a total of 3 times cold turkey after smoking for a few years. now i smoke bc i want to, ill quit again when i feel like it.

SOHC MONSTER
10-26-2005, 10:21 AM
i started smoking b/c all my friends were doing it. i have quit a few times, this time i vow to quit for good. ive been clean for 2 weeks now and i can already feel the difference. but menthol cigs are the best for fall and winter season....they will open you up..lol im glad i quit now though

T.C.
10-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Yeah I would have to say to give me something to do. I went to military school for 2yrs in highschool and there was nothing to do except fish and smoke during our free time. I have been trying to quit for about 3yrs now. Quitting sometimes for 5-6 months at a time, but I get real drunk some nights and start up smoking again.

ŁG2♣
10-26-2005, 12:49 PM
there bored......or because they want to be cool :)

Mike
10-26-2005, 02:25 PM
why do people start drinking??

drinking and smoking are very different things...

PSINXS
10-26-2005, 04:20 PM
first thing i smoked was weed at 12 and i thought it was cool cuz my brother and his friends did it. smoked my first cigarette around when sippin on some syrup song came out. 8th grade on up i smoked pot regularly. I quit though. sold all my smoking accessories too.

DrivenMind
10-27-2005, 12:35 AM
I never got into cigarettes simply because of the way my grandma used to cough. My moms a smoke and my dad was too, but I never got into it. Most of my friends smoke which I find odd that is still had yet to rub off on me. I guess maybe I like the way my breath doesn't smell like shit at the end of a night, but there's really no telling.

I smoked pot off and on for awhile and never really noticed any effects, but I basically smoked pot to try and get this girl I had a huge crush on, to like me which was a dumb reason I know, but people do stupid stuff to try and get noticed by the opposite sex.

I've never done anything other than cough after smoking. To this day, I smoke a few cigars once a month, but I never inhale... because well, I like being able to outrun who evers chasing me without running out of breath.

maybe that's dumb but eh... just my $.02

4dmin
10-27-2005, 09:05 AM
smoking cigarettes i just don't get it... they don't taste good, they aren't good for you...

now i do smoke a cigar occasionally, but they are about the taste :D

rickgiblin
10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
i started college and got stressed out so i started but proud to say i quit cold turkey after 3 years. im proud of myself

rickgiblin
10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
o but cigars... i do every once in a while... thats an exception

Mike
10-28-2005, 01:51 PM
i dont smoke cigs but i do smoke weed. the reason i started that was bc my friends were doing it so i tried it. i liked it.....so i still smoke just not cigs

the end

Ms Dollar
11-29-2005, 03:09 PM
cause I'm an idiot.

right there with ya girlie....

that and because i was really stressed out and upset when me and chuck broke up last year...guess i don't really have any excuse to be smoking now though huh?

obd1kenobi
11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
People Smoke to get back at there lungs, fucking lungs keeping me alive and shit! And they want to cough for the rest of there life.

Red
11-30-2005, 12:00 AM
LOL That was great Lauren. Yeah I'm an idiot then.