PDA

View Full Version : tattoo your children?

Njobe
01-05-2010, 07:54 AM
http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2010/01/04/mom-tattoos-six-kids-with-homemade-tattoo-gun/

I don’t understand why this has gotten blowed up so big,” Patty Jo Marsh says in a videotaped interview. “I love my children. We’d never do anything to harm our kids.”

Paul
01-05-2010, 08:02 AM
http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2010/01/04/mom-tattoos-six-kids-with-homemade-tattoo-gun/

I don’t understand why this has gotten blowed up so big,” Patty Jo Marsh says in a videotaped interview. “I love my children. We’d never do anything to harm our kids.”

I understand the point of view that this is wrong but lets be honest this isn't anything new to the world; all kinds of different cultural things happen to children in other countries. I'm more concerned its a cross probably meaning they are christian than anything else.

Njobe
01-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I understand the point of view that this is wrong but lets be honest this isn't anything new to the world; all kinds of different cultural things happen to children in other countries. I'm more concerned its a cross probably meaning they are christian than anything else.
lol. that is true, but i always thought you get get a tattoo at 17 with a premission slip from your parents?

98blackcivic
01-05-2010, 08:27 AM
all these kids are future bad asses!

Paul
01-05-2010, 08:36 AM
all these kids are future bad asses!

:lmfao:werd

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Yessir. There are customs in other countries for their children that we couldn't even dream of participating in. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 08:41 AM
lol. that is true, but i always thought you get get a tattoo at 17 with a premission slip from your parents?
It just says 18 or older. My oldest daughter got one right at 18 years. Later, QD.

98tegCHICK
01-05-2010, 08:42 AM

No. My mom was gonna consent for my bro when he was 17, only I was gonna be the one to actually take him to do it. I talked to the guy that did my tat and he said that even with parental consent in GA, ya have to be 18, which the article states.

I understand that the article says the kids said they wanted one, but 10-17 years old? Kids don't really know what they want at that age *most don't* anyway.

This world's goin to shit lol

Glides
01-05-2010, 08:44 AM
This is just another sad example of our Values being all fucked up. Everyone in this thread is correct. There are SOOOOO many other cultures that have rituals that involve children, tattooing, hurling people off of towers with ropes tied to one leg and so on and so forth. But good ol America.......we have cultivated this sick and perverse culture of giving our kids whatever they want. Every girl is a Princess......every boy is a Football Star.

Fucking sickening. That's why our future is so bleak. Everyone feels entitled to anything they want simply because they were sheltered in a cocoon as kids.

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 08:56 AM
This is just another sad example of our Values being all fucked up. Everyone in this thread is correct. There are SOOOOO many other cultures that have rituals that involve children, tattooing, hurling people off of towers with ropes tied to one leg and so on and so forth. But good ol America.......we have cultivated this sick and perverse culture of giving our kids whatever they want. Every girl is a Princess......every boy is a Football Star.

Fucking sickening. That's why our future is so bleak. Everyone feels entitled to anything they want simply because they were sheltered in a cocoon as kids.

If I wanted anyone to raise my children other than me, it'd be you, man. At the same time that I treat all my children like they're the only children on Earth, I also give them what they need to survive. I let them know how the real world is. They are just like I was when I was a child. They have no idea that they will have it made for the rest of their lives. And I won't let them know. They are going to grow up facing the real world as if they had nothing (although I won't let them do without by any means). No sheltering here, man. Later, QD.

Njobe
01-05-2010, 08:56 AM

damn, have to spread rep before i can get you again.

Glides
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
If I wanted anyone to raise my children other than me, it'd be you, man. At the same time that I treat all my children like they're the only children on Earth, I also give them what they need to survive. I let them know how the real world is. They are just like I was when I was a child. They have no idea that they will have it made for the rest of their lives. And I won't let them know. They are going to grow up facing the real world as if they had nothing (although I won't let them do without by any means). No sheltering here, man. Later, QD.

Damm straight QD.

There is a difference between raising your child right and arming them for the future.....and completely smothering them in a bubble.

So the kids got Tattooed. If that was the parents Religious beliefs, then so be it. People these days have NO reservations about shoving their religious beliefs down others throats so why the uproar now?

This is why out country is mostly filled with self righteous, hypocritical idiots that cannot see past the noses on their faces.

§treet_§peed
01-05-2010, 11:37 AM
You can buy all the tattooing equipment including ink from ebay without and problem. I used to help out in a tattoo parlor. The law used to be 17 with a parents consent. But that was changed awhile back. When a friend and me were both 17 I went with my friend and his mom to go watch him get his tattoo. But that law has been changed for a good while now.

AdriSciontC
01-05-2010, 11:40 AM
That's Georgia for you.... :rolleyes:

oneSLOWex
01-05-2010, 11:45 AM
I dont think its a good idea because the children later on in life may decide that it was a dumb idea. They are not old enough to make a decision to get something thats gonna be there for the rest of their life. Especially on their hands....thats not that easy to hide when you are in an environment where it wouldn't be acceptable.

and NO im not against tatts at all....in facts I love them...and I am getting one myself soon.

§treet_§peed
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
I dont think its a good idea because the children later on in life may decide that it was a dumb idea. They are not old enough to make a decision to get something thats gonna be there for the rest of their life. Especially on their hands....thats not that easy to hide when you are in an environment where it wouldn't be acceptable.
That's why we invented makeup. Not only does it make ugly people look better, but it can hide thing when you want it too.

EL42
01-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I let my ten year old daughter tat her mom once.

oneSLOWex
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
That's why we invented makeup. Not only does it make ugly people look better, but it can hide thing when you want it too.
:lmfao::lmfao: That is true...but...the kids are not old enough to make a decision like that. They probably want it because mommy and daddy have it or some other tatts and they want to be like them.

§treet_§peed
01-05-2010, 11:49 AM
shit when me and some friends where jr's and seniors in high school. We all had everything you need to run a tattoo shop.

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 11:54 AM
That's Georgia for you.... :rolleyes:

That's any state. Not just Georgia. Later, QD.

AdriSciontC
01-05-2010, 12:30 PM
That's any state. Not just Georgia. Later, QD.

I know they're are rednecks in every state, but it just so happens that you hear more stupid ass shit out of the ones in GA...

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I know they're are rednecks in every state, but it just so happens that you hear more stupid ass shit out of the ones in GA...

I don't know about the redneck comment as there are lots of other people in the country that are of other stereotypes that do crazy things. Not just rednecks. And it stands to reason that you hear more shit about GA being that you live here. If you lived in New York, you'd here more about that state. If you lived in Colorado, you'd here more shit there. Later, QD.

AdriSciontC
01-05-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't know about the redneck comment as there are lots of other people in the country that are of other stereotypes that do crazy things. Not just rednecks. And it stands to reason that you hear more shit about GA being that you live here. If you lived in New York, you'd here more about that state. If you lived in Colorado, you'd here more shit there. Later, QD.

Good point.

Njobe
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM

and NO im not against tatts at all....in facts I love them...and I am getting one myself soon.
yea that's true. a friend that works with me has to always wear long sleeves on every shirt because he has tattoo's on his arms. its fine during the winter but sucks in the summer.

oneSLOWex
01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
yea that's true. a friend that works with me has to always wear long sleeves on every shirt because he has tattoo's on his arms. its fine during the winter but sucks in the summer.
In that situation, Im sure it was 100% his choice to get the tattoos. These children dont have one.

Njobe
01-05-2010, 01:19 PM
In that situation, Im sure it was 100% his choice to get the tattoos. These children dont have one.
his tattoo's are old too. he get them when he was 17.

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
his tattoo's are old too. he get them when he was 17.

Still his choice. Later, QD.

98tegCHICK
01-05-2010, 01:53 PM
So if it's a kid's choice to smoke or drink or drive, no matter the age, it's ok b/c it's THEIR choice? It's sheltering them if we don't let them do what they want, right? That basically sounds like what you're sayin to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding tho b/c I'm stressed out...

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 02:08 PM
So if it's a kid's choice to smoke or drink or drive, no matter the age, it's ok b/c it's THEIR choice? It's sheltering them if we don't let them do what they want, right? That basically sounds like what you're sayin to me. Maybe I'm misunderstanding tho b/c I'm stressed out...

I think you're misunderstanding. I know I have no idea what you're saying. Later, QD.

98tegCHICK
01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Damm straight QD.

There is a difference between raising your child right and arming them for the future.....and completely smothering them in a bubble.

So the kids got Tattooed. If that was the parents Religious beliefs, then so be it. People these days have NO reservations about shoving their religious beliefs down others throats so why the uproar now?

This is why out country is mostly filled with self righteous, hypocritical idiots that cannot see past the noses on their faces.

And someone else said something about "no sheltering here."

So I'm jus sayin, if it's religious beliefs to smoke *whatever* or drink, then it's ok for our kids to? I know other countries do things a lil bit different, but that's them, not us.

Should we not, as loving, caring parents, shelter our kids somewhat, and try to keep them from doing something dumb that could follow them forever? I musta read somethin wrong somewhere.

I don't wanna "shelter" my kid, so to speak, but I do want him to be informed and make the best decisions he can about things when he's older. My kid's 4 and says he wants a tattoo b/c I have one. So should I make a home made tat gun and give him a tat b/c it's "his choice"?

Eh, whatever.

HypnoToad
01-05-2010, 02:30 PM

i do seem like the story has been blown up,lot more worse things are happening than this.

but from what u said since its wrong cause they dont have a choice,why do so many people pierce thier child's ears?

thats not the kids choice either.

Njobe
01-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Still his choice. Later, QD.
read what we were talking about. nevermind, i'll just say it. we were talking about how getting tattoo's in certain areas that can be seen easily(such as hand, wrists, forearms, etc.) can affect you down the road. such as the example i gave of my friend working here with me. he almost didn't get hired because of his tattoo's. now that he is hired he always has to wear long sleeve dress-up shirts to cover his tattoo's or he gets in trouble with the company.

oneSLOWex
01-05-2010, 02:42 PM
This isn't about drugs or alcohol...this is about children getting tattoos. They are not of the right age to make a life-long decision like this. Thats what im trying to say.

i do seem like the story has been blown up,lot more worse things are happening than this.

but from what u said since its wrong cause they dont have a choice,why do so many people pierce thier child's ears?

thats not the kids choice either.

Mehh...I agree there are worse things to worry about with kids. Good parenting should be the first issue. As far as the ear piercing at an early age....I for one dont agree with that either. Ear piercing however can be removed and the hole will close. Tattoos dont wash off.

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 02:48 PM
So should I make a home made tat gun and give him a tat b/c it's "his choice"?

Yeah, you were misunderstanding. I didn't see where anyone typed that. There is a an extent to which you can shelter your child. Especially at your child's age. There's a difference in sheltering a 4 year old and sheltering a 12 year old. Wait til yours gets there. I've two surpass that mark. Hopefully you'll learn that difference...and not the hard way. Later, QD.

Glides
01-05-2010, 02:52 PM
And someone else said something about "no sheltering here."

So I'm jus sayin, if it's religious beliefs to smoke *whatever* or drink, then it's ok for our kids to? I know other countries do things a lil bit different, but that's them, not us.

Should we not, as loving, caring parents, shelter our kids somewhat, and try to keep them from doing something dumb that could follow them forever? I musta read somethin wrong somewhere.

I don't wanna "shelter" my kid, so to speak, but I do want him to be informed and make the best decisions he can about things when he's older. My kid's 4 and says he wants a tattoo b/c I have one. So should I make a home made tat gun and give him a tat b/c it's "his choice"?

Eh, whatever.

If you read the comment of mine that you quoted.....ALLLLLL of it instead of highlighting what you wanted to read and then quoting it all out of context, you would see that basically you and I are thinking the same exact thing.

You are trying to raise your kid right, giving him what he needs to be informed...but NOT smothering him....IE: putting him in a bubble.

To answer your question, No. I would not get a tattoo gun and tattoo your kid. There is a difference between being a good mother and being a dumbass. Nobody said they were smart for tattooing their kids.

98tegCHICK
01-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Just the comment about "it's their choice" bugs me. I know I can't keep him away from things forever, but even 12 is still too young of an age to make a tat decision imo. They think they're cool and don't realize it's a lifelong decision. Idk, maybe these days they do b/c kids are growin up so much faster. I sure as hell see it in my kid. I think the parents that pierce their kids' ears at an early age are retarded, especially if the kid wasn't old enough to even voice their opinion about it. I know when I worked at a place in the mall that pierced, moms would bring their really tiny, almost newborn girls in, and want me to pierce their ears. A few of them I did until the crying broke my heart and I couldn't do it anymore.

Jus bein a parent is hard and heart-wrenching sometimes. Especially tryin to be a good parent and not always knowin if you're makin the right decision.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

quickdodge®
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
I know I can't keep him away from things forever, but even 12 is still too young of an age to make a tat decision imo.

Read outside the words, girl. I wasn't referring to just tats. I was referring to life in general. Later, QD.

98tegCHICK
01-05-2010, 07:43 PM
I know, QD. Just the subject of the thread is tats. I know I can't protect him from everything in general. Wish I could. I don't wanna see anything bad happen to him. I know tho, that we have to make mistakes in order to learn and grow.

Glides
01-06-2010, 09:14 AM
I know, QD. Just the subject of the thread is tats. I know I can't protect him from everything in general. Wish I could. I don't wanna see anything bad happen to him. I know tho, that we have to make mistakes in order to learn and grow.

And there is nothing wrong with that line of thinking. You are what I like to refer too as a "Responsible Parent" You try to help your child out as much as possible but understand that they will need to learn on their own.

Props to you! :goodjob:

PSINXS
01-06-2010, 09:17 AM
is it dumb? yes

is it wrong? not so much. thats their personal lives that i dont think the law should have a place in. damn near unconstitutional.

Bajjani
01-06-2010, 10:03 AM
So what we've decided here is
- the parents who did the tattooing are fucking retarded and irresponsible
- the reason for the age requirement on tattoos is because (unless you use the new ink which last i heard is only avail in a few places in NY) its permanent and you'll at least have a scar to remind you of it
- it may not have been as bad if they didn't place it on their hand
- the above 3 are only so because we live in a society where we're overly ignorant
- smothering kids and hiding them from the real world is bad
- people need to live w/their own choices

amirite?

Njobe
01-06-2010, 10:31 AM
So what we've decided here is
- the parents who did the tattooing are fucking retarded and irresponsible
- the reason for the age requirement on tattoos is because (unless you use the new ink which last i heard is only avail in a few places in NY) its permanent and you'll at least have a scar to remind you of it
- it may not have been as bad if they didn't place it on their hand
- the above 3 are only so because we live in a society where we're overly ignorant
- smothering kids and hiding them from the real world is bad
- people need to live w/their own choices

amirite?
what's that about?

Bajjani
01-06-2010, 10:36 AM
what's that about?

gimme a minute i'll try to find the article again

Njobe
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
gimme a minute i'll try to find the article again
ok, thx

Bajjani
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/tattoo_remove.html

Bajjani
01-06-2010, 11:20 AM
http://www.carefair.com/Body/Removable_Tattoo_Ink_4483.html
another

Njobe
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
that is pretty cool. i was thinking about getting a tattoo. if that comes here i would surely get it with that ink.

Bajjani
01-06-2010, 11:28 AM
that is pretty cool. i was thinking about getting a tattoo. if that comes here i would surely get it with that ink.

I don't know where all you can get it the first article I read which was a bit over a year ago said it was in NY but I'd imagine other places can get it at least if you tell em ahead

Psycho
01-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Im gonna tattoo a rebel flag on my kid, and name him Shed Duker Corbett. Come to think of it, that middle name would make a great stunt man name. Duke-man Dave, yeah, that's what i would name my kid. When he's born, he's gonna come flying out that vagina on a dirt bike, and jump over 5 busses.

98tegCHICK
01-06-2010, 12:46 PM
And there is nothing wrong with that line of thinking. You are what I like to refer too as a "Responsible Parent" You try to help your child out as much as possible but understand that they will need to learn on their own.

Props to you! :goodjob:

Thanks. I try. I try to give him a lil leeway that my parents didn't give me, but not let him try to run all over me at the same time.