PDA

View Full Version : 03 Jetta door issue

roscoe
01-04-2010, 05:06 PM
My girl has a 2003 Jetta 2.0. The problem is a few days ago the door open light in the cluster came on even when all the doors are closed. I noticed the passenger's side light on the lower part of the door that indicated the door is open stays on regardless if the key is in the ignition or not. In alot of cars there is a simple button that is pressed when the door is shut that turns off the light but this car does not have one. I've been looking online and I can't get a definite lead on whats going on or where the sensor is. Reps to any helpful advice!

coreyctr1980
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Is there a sensor actually on the door vs on the car?

roscoe
01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
not that i can see. i looked on the door and the jamb

coreyctr1980
01-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Look on the inside of the door around the hinge.
The sensor may also be on the piece that keeps the door from swinging too far open. Try knocking the pin out of it and pushing it in to see if that stops the light.

Barefoot
01-05-2010, 12:50 AM
bad news buddy

straight from alldata

Door contact switches are integrated into the individual door lock mechanisms and cannot be replaced separately.

In case of door contact switch malfunction, replace complete door lock mechanism.

roscoe
01-05-2010, 09:23 AM
thats what i was afraid of... oh well thanks for the input guys. reps.

envision
01-05-2010, 10:03 AM
bad news buddy

straight from alldata

Door contact switches are integrated into the individual door lock mechanisms and cannot be replaced separately.

In case of door contact switch malfunction, replace complete door lock mechanism.

Dam that sucks