PDA

View Full Version : My First Ticket in the STi

PhatbacK
10-24-2005, 09:05 PM
OK as most of u know i have an 05 sti. i bought it in 04 so ive had it for about a yr and a half. oooook anyways....thank gosh this whoolleee time i havent gotten a ticket! THEN. Friday on my way home from school....traffic was hellish as usual! well i have to go 75N to get home..and for yall familiar with that part...i use the Southern Poly "exit" as a short cut because it cuts back onto 75.

Well i get on the exit just to bypass some traffic...then a Marietta cop gets behind me and pulls me over. Of course having the car that I do i quickly ran everything through my head to see what he pulled me over for. i had nothing!! so 2 cops come up and ask for license and registration. then the cop goes "ma am do u know why i pulled u over"...i honstly replyed.."nope"

the cop tells me that he pulled me over for not using the exit ramp AS AN EXIT RAMP! i was like "umm ok then how come it leads right back onto the interstate?"...so then :blah:

so they go back and sit in the car for like 20 min. and then come back...HE GAVE ME A FUCKING CITATION!! i was like what is this for?? and he said for not usuing the exit ramp for just that. i honestly told the cop that i go this way to bypass traffic...just like the other 50 people behind me did!!! but of course my car sticks out like a sore thumg.

SO ANYWAYS. i read the ticket..he wrote it for "disregarding a traffic control device".......can u believe that shit? i asked a Cobb County cop about it tonite and he said it was total bullshit......soooo im takin the shit to court.

fucking marietta cops.

ANYWAYS. i thought it was funny that the only ticket i have gotten in my car was for that.....nice try marietta!!! :jerkit:

PSINXS
10-24-2005, 09:07 PM
dang u got screwed hard on that one. pickin on the imports as usual

The Yousef
10-24-2005, 09:08 PM
damn.....talk about a random ticket...lol
he probably thought if he'd ran your tag...he would of found something else...

yousef

A1EX
10-24-2005, 09:08 PM
BS

TranceDJ06
10-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Yep..Best Beleive it ..Kennesaw/Marietta cops are Strict.
Sorry about your Ticket just go to court and win ..That'll be an easy one, dont worry about it :goodjob:

SLOWR/T
10-24-2005, 09:11 PM
damn thats the lamest ticket i have ever heard of. Total BS!!!!

speedminded
10-24-2005, 09:13 PM
"disregarding a traffic control device", lol...that one isn't gonna fly...there was nothing controlling you. That offense is for people who drive through gas stations to avoid a red light or stop sign, etc..

quickdodge®
10-24-2005, 09:17 PM
"disregarding a traffic control device", lol...that one isn't gonna fly...there was nothing controlling you. That offense is for people who drive through gas stations to avoid a red light or stop sign, etc..

No. Again, you're wrong on traffic violations. Get a pencil and jot this down. Using an exit ramp for another lane is illegal. That's the same as using turning lanes as a lane to pass or something.

Phatback, I'm not saying that is fucked up, because it is. Seems a waste of time to watch you do that and pull you over for that. Later, QD.

Deaf Pimp
10-24-2005, 09:20 PM
You should've just showed him the phatback and you would've gotten off the hook!

BTLFED
10-24-2005, 10:13 PM
That ranks up there with my "inhibitance (sp) to driver's control of vehicle" and my "driving down a road closed to through traffic" tickets.

I'm sure you could probably get it dropped.

collins
10-24-2005, 10:47 PM
lol kali, thats totally screwed. good luck with it.

A.P. Photography
10-24-2005, 11:01 PM
I got the same thing in Canton. It was a $40 ticket and no points on the license so if that is the case pay it and forget about it. And yes it tooke me 8 cops before I found one that knew about the ticket and even the solicitor did not know what it was. The judge had to tell him. :rolleyes:

drupason
10-24-2005, 11:22 PM
thats retarded

God
10-24-2005, 11:57 PM
you coulda said you thought you had the right exit and then realized u wanted the next exit :) happened to me before and i got out of it that way,

UpSideDownDesi
10-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Ticket for no reason.....sux. Win it in court and slap the ticket back in the officer's face.

DJ XtRaK©
10-25-2005, 01:28 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA...yo momma, werd

SilverJester
10-25-2005, 01:45 AM
yeah that does suck, I would've just said I got off the wrong exit and need the next one.

DJ XtRaK©
10-25-2005, 01:54 AM
yeah that does suck, I would've just said I got off the wrong exit and need the next one.

shut up!!!! YOUR BRAKE SYSTEM IS UBER GHEY!!!

B16a2 Civic
10-25-2005, 08:28 AM
well....is the off ramp supposed to be used as another lame just cause traffic is backed up?....i honestly can see both sides of this, but all in all, a retarded ticket, he should be stopping crominals, like George Bush

Boosted S60R
10-25-2005, 08:31 AM
OK as most of u know i have an 05 sti. i bought it in 04 so ive had it for about a yr and a half. oooook anyways....thank gosh this whoolleee time i havent gotten a ticket! THEN. Friday on my way home from school....traffic was hellish as usual! well i have to go 75N to get home..and for yall familiar with that part...i use the Southern Poly "exit" as a short cut because it cuts back onto 75.

Well i get on the exit just to bypass some traffic...then a Marietta cop gets behind me and pulls me over. Of course having the car that I do i quickly ran everything through my head to see what he pulled me over for. i had nothing!! so 2 cops come up and ask for license and registration. then the cop goes "ma am do u know why i pulled u over"...i honstly replyed.."nope"

the cop tells me that he pulled me over for not using the exit ramp AS AN EXIT RAMP! i was like "umm ok then how come it leads right back onto the interstate?"...so then :blah:

so they go back and sit in the car for like 20 min. and then come back...HE GAVE ME A FUCKING CITATION!! i was like what is this for?? and he said for not usuing the exit ramp for just that. i honestly told the cop that i go this way to bypass traffic...just like the other 50 people behind me did!!! but of course my car sticks out like a sore thumg.

SO ANYWAYS. i read the ticket..he wrote it for "disregarding a traffic control device".......can u believe that shit? i asked a Cobb County cop about it tonite and he said it was total bullshit......soooo im takin the shit to court.

fucking marietta cops.

ANYWAYS. i thought it was funny that the only ticket i have gotten in my car was for that.....nice try marietta!!! :jerkit:
That sucks I got a bs ticket from alpharetta a few days back it sucks.

PhAtBoYMr2
10-25-2005, 08:58 AM
just go to court talk to the solicitter and you should be alright. I say that because you say its your first ticket. Not sure how many points the ticket equates too, if any at all, but if your under 21 your only allowed 4 points before they take your lisense away from you so each point counts...

just go to court, have enough cash to pay the fine up front, just incase they dont knock it down or throw it away and you should be alright

collins
10-25-2005, 09:01 AM
well shes over 21, and it was the first ticket in THIS car lol

Bishop
10-25-2005, 09:03 AM
HAHA thats the exit where i used to live...and i have never once taken the southern poly exit.

The Yousef
10-25-2005, 09:43 AM
shut up!!!! YOUR BRAKE SYSTEM IS UBER GHEY!!!

:lmfao: :lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
10-25-2005, 10:18 AM
that sux, i do the same thing all the time right there.

RISKYB
10-25-2005, 10:37 AM
they suck

b18hb
10-25-2005, 10:53 AM
its a lame ticket, but you can't honestly think that its ok to do that? even if it weren't against the law, its like an unwritten rule. and it saves what, like 3 or 4 minutes if that?

that being said, it should be simple to get out of.

turbowrx
10-25-2005, 11:06 AM
damn.... that ranks up there with my ticket for headlights being off, when my car has daytime running lights that were working perfectly. Anybody with a WRX will tell you that as soon as your E brake is down they come on. You cant move with them being off. The cop told me " So, I saw them off". ok im mad again............

silver
10-25-2005, 11:10 AM
that sux, i do the same thing all the time right there.

When I used to live off the Canton Road exit and worked off the Delk road exit I would do that on the way home in the afternoons too, lol... it cuts like 15 minutes off your total sitting in traffic time... haha

BTLFED
10-25-2005, 11:14 AM
damn.... that ranks up there with my ticket for headlights being off, when my car has daytime running lights that were working perfectly. Anybody with a WRX will tell you that as soon as your E brake is down they come on. You cant move with them being off. The cop told me " So, I saw them off". ok im mad again............

You rebel! :lmfao: ;)

CMO
10-25-2005, 12:04 PM
I did it that same thing at that off ramp the other week, on my way to Bailey's to have lunch with my friend. Afterwards I went up to Best Buy. When I came out I saw a black sti coming through the lot. I was like damn, nice car. Then you went by me and I was like I know I've seen that chick before. And when you got out it hit me that you used to drive an rsx before the sti. I started to come up and introduce myself. Then I thought maybe not. Sucks about the ticket though. It just seemed a lil funny that I did that and saw you that day and you do it the next week and get a ticket. some luck.

£G2♣
10-25-2005, 12:10 PM
damn they gotta be bored lol, that was some total BS...sorry to hear...take it to court and win that shiettt

Julio
10-25-2005, 03:16 PM
is probably a 50 to 60 ticket and more then likely no points... pay the shit and dont waste your time.

PhatbacK
10-26-2005, 06:20 PM
well shes over 21, and it was the first ticket in THIS car lol

collins im only 20 silly :rolleyes:

Nemui
10-27-2005, 12:09 AM
So then if it is illegal to use the lane in such a fashion. Why is it there? The only way you can get to that road is to get off on the exit. So theoretically...that lane would never be used because the only way to access that road is to get off on the exit.

Just how big is this 'BUTTzilla'?

PhatbacK
10-27-2005, 11:16 AM
hahaha. how big am i? or the "phatback"?

Darling Nikki
10-27-2005, 11:17 AM
how big is buttzilla???? HAHAHAH Pretty damn big! ;)

ShooterMcGavin
10-27-2005, 11:18 AM
So then if it is illegal to use the lane in such a fashion. Why is it there? The only way you can get to that road is to get off on the exit. So theoretically...that lane would never be used because the only way to access that road is to get off on the exit.

Just how big is this 'BUTTzilla'?

i'm pretty sure the part that u are saying should not be there IS there because it is also an entrance ramp for cars trying to get on 75N from the south 120 loop.

Nemui
10-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Let me tell you something Import Atlanta...I smoke rocks. I re-read what you were saying now. So onto the REAL issue here:

How big is this creature called BUTTzilla? Can I rest a mug of frothy ale on it? If I were to place my hand near the crease of the thigh and cheek would a nice lump of scrumptious bottom rest firmly in my hand? Then after answering these questions of course you must tell me how big BUTTzilla is in relation to the BODYzilla...hurrah!!

Is BUTTzilla like the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot? I must say that I need pictures of said creature. I meet many people that claim to have BUTTzilla, but as an ass connoisseur I am obligated to view the bottocks before said buttocks can be properly titled. At certain times said buttocks must pass a review by a carefully appointed board of 17 other connoisseurs that consist of 3 homeless men, 1 'normal' white male, and 1 asian male that has 'proper' upbringing.