PDA

View Full Version : Food Authentic Cajun/Louisiana style Restaurant

.93lude
01-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Anybody know of anywhere around the Buckhead/Brookhaven area? Somewhere authentic is best, even if it's not necessarily in the area, I'm willing to dive a little bit. I'm planning on taking this girl out, and she's from Louisiana so authenticity is key, she always talks about how she misses food from home and stuff like that so I want to take her somewhere that can replicate it. Thanks for the help!

MeFryRice
01-03-2010, 03:37 PM
It's no where near Buckhead but Gumbeaux in Douglasville is really good. Expect to wait a while to get a table though. :goodjob:

boosted b
01-03-2010, 04:36 PM
there is one in buckhead its down the street from the amtrak train station

boosted b
01-03-2010, 04:37 PM
i'll get the name for u when i leave the house again cause its right down the street from me

BLK JDM
01-03-2010, 05:21 PM
I'd like to know also now that I live downtown.

Here's a thread about a place off Buford Hwy. It isn't a sit down type restaurant but they have good Louisiana style seafood. Hope this helps

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230123

TSiFTW
01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Gumbeaux's in Douglasville. Owned by Cajuns. Best Cajun food in or around Atlanta period!!! I know this cause I have ate at most of them and Cajun is my favorite food. I am lucky that I live only a few miles from it. Definitely worth the drive. To anyone who loves Cajun that has never been all I can say is GO. Just my personal opinion but seriously try it.:goodjob:

TSiFTW
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Gumbeaux's in Douglasville. Owned by Cajuns. Best Cajun food in or around Atlanta period!!! I know this cause I have ate at most of them and Cajun is my favorite food. I am lucky that I live only a few miles from it. Definitely worth the drive. To anyone who loves Cajun that has never been all I can say is GO. Just my personal opinion but seriously try it.:goodjob:

By the way they are only open Tuesday thru Saturday from 11am to 2pm then they open back up at 5pm till like 11 or 12. If possible get there at like 4:45pm to get a table. If you wait till 5:30 or 6 you may have to wait a while, but they have a bar and tables you can sit at while you wait in the lobby.

BLK JDM
01-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Actually there's a place in downtown Duluth that I used to go to when I worked at GP Nissan named Budreaux!! Great authentic Louisiana cuisine. It's always packed. There hours are also kind of funny.

GIXXERDK
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Ive ate at all of the top rated restaurants in LA, nothing comes close..

r_Senik
01-13-2010, 10:58 PM
boudreaux and thibodeaux in Houma,La. is the shit.

JennB
01-14-2010, 10:48 AM
I can't believe no one has mentioned McKinnons. It's right in the middle of Buckhead. I really don't know how authentic it is (though their website claims they are) since cajun really isn't my thing but you can at least take a look at the menu and see if it's what you're looking for.

http://www.mckinnons.com/

As for the one on Peachtree near the Amtrak station, that was Huey's. It's been closed for at least a year if not two.

josh green
01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
If you are willing to make the trek to Acworth there is a place there called "henry's" I believe thats the name. Without a reservation expect to wait a couple hours. It used to be a little hole in the wall place, but it is a little bit larger but still good. I used to go for my birthday every year, which happens to be in the middle of crawfish season!!

bam-bam
01-14-2010, 07:58 PM
I was going to recommend Henry's, too. The best, bar none.

JennB
02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Did you ever choose one? How was it?

VteC power
02-01-2010, 11:04 PM
crawfish shack on buford hwy

FleeceJhnsn
02-01-2010, 11:16 PM
big easy bar nd grill on collier rd.

dudes that started the place are from Louisiana... its good food and cheap

blcksi
03-02-2010, 06:12 PM
boudreaux and thibodeaux in Houma,La. is the shit.
I walked in didn't see much on the menu I wanted and ended up at a chinese buffet down the road that had fresh crawfish, bluecrab and cook to order Ribeye on the buffet for like $10 so I ended up eating there 3 out of the 5 days I was in Houma.

Machado
03-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Gumbeaux
Pappadeaux