PDA

View Full Version : Stuck In NY... HELP ASAP

CeOTiO8
01-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Sup... So the day I decide to leave my fucking car wants to act up because of the cold..

I started the car, put my bags in then the car just shut off on me...

Tried starting it back, It started coming on but as soon as I touch the gas to rev it up it cuts off, now it won't start at all..

Already brought a new battery because my old one died in the process of trying to start it back up... Put oil in the car already... But I'm parked on a hill so I'm thinking it has something to do with that...

Help IA PLEASE I have school tomorrow and can't miss another day...

Question: If the fuel line is frozen would it be smart to some gas in there?

This is no good at all :no:

CeOTiO8
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
And it's a 1990 Integra if that will help

Barefoot
01-03-2010, 11:24 AM
dont think its fuel frozen. what are u missing fuel air spark compression?

81911SC
01-03-2010, 11:30 AM
Better find a shop then guessing if you got to get back.

Barefoot
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Better find a shop then guessing if you got to get back.
he is about to be raped later rates are sky high there.

81911SC
01-03-2010, 11:39 AM
But he may make it home. Otherwise it sounds like he'll just throw parts at it.

Barefoot
01-03-2010, 11:43 AM
But he may make it home. Otherwise it sounds like he'll just throw parts at it.
dont get me wrong im not disputing the fact he needs to take it to a shop him and 90% of the other people in this section. just giving him a heads up it will be an arm and a leg.

froyotlbw88
01-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Where exactly in New York are you?

81911SC
01-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Lol, quite true.

quickdodgeŽ
01-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Lesson learned. That's why you don't wait until the last possible day to come home from vacation. Especially from that far out. Later, QD.

Slomaro Z28
01-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Lesson learned. That's why you don't wait until the last possible day to come home from vacation. Especially from that far out. Later, QD.

Exactly. You should have been headed home yesterday at the latest.

Also a good reason to have your car checked out before you take long trips. Maybe they would have fixed your problem and this wouldn't be happening.

Anyways, good luck with getting it fixed.

ej6kidd
01-03-2010, 12:17 PM
dam i don't think he asked for advise on when he should of came home i think he asked for help on why his car wont start IA is full of dumb asses hope u get you car fixed so you can make it back

SLOWR/T
01-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Fuel freeze's at close to -100F so I think your fine lol.

81911SC
01-03-2010, 12:28 PM
dam i don't think he asked for advise on when he should of came home i think he asked for help on why his car wont start IA is full of dumb asses hope u get you car fixed so you can make it backNot our fault. How the fuck are we supposed to know what's wrong with his car from a 1000 miles away? We know nothing about the car, previous work, issues before hand, nothing. He's told us nothing, no diag info, nothing. I guess we should just be telling him to throw shit at it? Get out of here, that's not helpful at all.

smokeyj
01-03-2010, 12:29 PM
check and see if your fuel pump is coming on and give more info cause with what you gave it could be tons of shit

quickdodgeŽ
01-03-2010, 01:34 PM
dam i don't think he asked for advise on when he should of came home i think he asked for help on why his car wont start IA is full of dumb asses hope u get you car fixed so you can make it back

Lolol. Quit crying, man. It is advice, what I gave. Later, QD.

Vteckidd
01-03-2010, 02:30 PM
check your main relay sounds like you are either out of gas, or out of spark.

You need to get the car on level ground, check the fuel level. Have someone turn the car over and pull a spark plug and hold it to something metal see if it arcs, if it doesnt your distributor shit out.

If it has spark, pull the return line on the fuel pressure regulator and check for fuel

jadakid88
01-03-2010, 02:36 PM
^what he said

-S Double C-
01-03-2010, 02:45 PM
pop the hood tap the valve cover 3 times run around the car as fast as possible slap the distributor and it will crank.

SleeperWRX
01-03-2010, 03:05 PM
pop the hood tap the valve cover 3 times run around the car as fast as possible slap the distributor and it will crank.

:lmao:

TommyD1919
01-03-2010, 03:38 PM

stranger stuff has happened...

bloodline
01-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Wut part of ny?? I'm in the bronx... I might be able to help you out if your close by..lmk

silverDA
01-03-2010, 05:40 PM
wow/

stormcrow
01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Sup... So the day I decide to leave my fucking car wants to act up because of the cold..

I started the car, put my bags in then the car just shut off on me...

Tried starting it back, It started coming on but as soon as I touch the gas to rev it up it cuts off, now it won't start at all..

Already brought a new battery because my old one died in the process of trying to start it back up... Put oil in the car already... But I'm parked on a hill so I'm thinking it has something to do with that...

Help IA PLEASE I have school tomorrow and can't miss another day...

Question: If the fuel line is frozen would it be smart to some gas in there?

This is no good at all :no:

Yes. Just be sure not to accidentally the whole thing.

edit - verbs. who needs'em?

dallasb84
01-03-2010, 09:59 PM
wrap as many blankets around that thing.... and pour warm water all over the car so you can warm it up.

it should do the trick

D3UC3S
01-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Light it on fire...warms up real quick

DamnDisLaOsBoY
01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
wrap as many blankets around that thing.... and pour warm water all over the car so you can warm it up.

it should do the trick

yeh that will also shatter windows!

JJSPEC Racing
01-03-2010, 10:17 PM
May I suggest this:

http://www.thegeneralrental.com/rentalcatalog/images2/heater_kerosene_torpedo.jpg

We use them to preheat rental aircraft before we fly so might be worth a shot!

turbo_tsx
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
sounds like its vapor lockin the same thing happend to me in montana the fuel will freeze get some iso heet and put a couple bottles in it and they sell some other stuff for it to that will stop it from freezing but it sounds like the fuel is freezing

-S Double C-
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
May I suggest this:

http://www.thegeneralrental.com/rentalcatalog/images2/heater_kerosene_torpedo.jpg

We use them to preheat rental aircraft before we fly so might be worth a shot!

hahahahaha :lmfao:

Aeroscout977
01-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Fuel freeze's at close to -100F so I think your fine lol.

Yes but water freezes at 32f. Water can get into your fuel system caused by condensation. It's more frequent in the north. I delt with it once in My 88 Acura legend.

To the OP try the iso and maybe what jj said however done get to close to the car with that thing it gets hot! We used them to heat our fuel cells in our helicopter when we replace them.

CeOTiO8
01-04-2010, 03:24 PM

I kno but my dad wanted the family to go out with him, so I was o.k whatever.......:( NEVER AGAIN... lol..... But I got it started I had put some gas in it cause I was at a quarter tank of gas and sitting on a hill smh

quickdodgeŽ
01-04-2010, 03:32 PM
I kno but my dad wanted the family to go out with him, so I was o.k whatever.......:( NEVER AGAIN... lol..... But I got it started I had put some gas in it cause I was at a quarter tank of gas and sitting on a hill smh

Are you still up there?

And yeah, man, tell your Dad next time you can't do that. That's too far away to be taking risks like that, man.

Glad it worked out for. Later, QD.

SLo_MKIII
01-04-2010, 08:05 PM
x3 DA's are known for that I have owned 4 and one point they all needed to be resodered

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Yes. Just be sure not to accidentally the whole thing.

edit - verbs. who needs'em?

lol man forgive me... I was cold and mad at the same time

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 07:41 AM
Wut part of ny?? I'm in the bronx... I might be able to help you out if your close by..lmk

Lol well when I'm out there I stay by University with all my spanish mommy's :bump:

BABY J
01-06-2010, 07:44 AM
When you travel like that always keep half a tank of gas man... glad you got it going.

PROPS to BLOODLINE for offering help - class act kid. To every1 with dumb comments --- fuck you. Shit sucks to be stranded with car trouble in places where you can't have 10 friends to your location within an hour or so - either be helping, TRYING to help, or be shutting what they call the fuck up.

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 07:52 AM
When you travel like that always keep half a tank of gas man... glad you got it going.

PROPS to BLOODLINE for offering help - class act kid. To every1 with dumb comments --- fuck you. Shit sucks to be stranded with car trouble in places where you can't have 10 friends to your location within an hour or so - either be helping, TRYING to help, or be shutting what they call the fuck up.

Yea it was fucked up but at the end of the day they were still bumping my shit up....:bump:.... But glad to be back in GA like FOR REAL

quickdodgeŽ
01-06-2010, 08:00 AM

I was actually providing future advice since I don't have the knowledge to provide mechanical. You know me. If I were to come in as you said I did, I wouldn't have been nice about it. So no I did offer up some advice for future trips. Later, QD.

BABY J
01-06-2010, 08:01 AM
^ I wasn't referring to you dork. :)

quickdodgeŽ
01-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Fuck you. That's my advice for you. Later, QD.

BABY J
01-06-2010, 08:04 AM
^^ Fuck you Hoe. I'll fight a girl...

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Fuck you. That's my advice for you. Later, QD.

^^ Fuck you Hoe. I'll fight a girl...

ok ladies :gay:.... Quick question and yes it's off subject... But if I got pulled over and got a ticket, but the ticket did not have my name, DOB, DL number anything about me but has the right car do I have to pay it still?

BABY J
01-06-2010, 08:08 AM
Contact the cop that wrote it and ask him.

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Contact the cop that wrote it and ask him.

lol yea so he can change it...:lmfao::lmfao:

quickdodgeŽ
01-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't ignore it if I were you. Later, QD.

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Ok I understand what your saying... Just see if my name is in their database under received ticket or something? Sorry I don't know, just new to the GA law cause in NY you get the year wrong and the ticket is gone

BABY J
01-06-2010, 08:15 AM
^^ Yours is gone too. It never happened. I'll take care of it for you - forget about it.

stormcrow
01-06-2010, 08:43 AM
lol man forgive me... I was cold and mad at the same time

no apologies, sir! it was perfect. i got to use a semi-popular internet meme in its EXACT fashion! that doesn't happen very often. :) thank you for that!

btw, f-u for bring the blue ball-sack freezing cold back with you from NY! :D

Humphrizzle
01-06-2010, 08:46 AM
is coolant frozen?

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 09:08 AM
no apologies, sir! it was perfect. i got to use a semi-popular internet meme in its EXACT fashion! that doesn't happen very often. :) thank you for that!

btw, f-u for bring the blue ball-sack freezing cold back with you from NY! :D

:lmfao::lmfao:.... see I think I was bad just out a couple of word.... :locked: for improper used of words... being stupid fun lol

CeOTiO8
01-06-2010, 09:10 AM
^^ Yours is gone too. It never happened. I'll take care of it for you - forget about it.

lol... hahaha... going to court after school to take care of it:goodjob:

bloodline
01-06-2010, 10:00 AM
It does suck to be stranded with no help....I know how it is....I never have a problem helping someone
That needs help..