PDA

View Full Version : Sports Sugar bowl

bdydrpdmazda
01-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Florida is killing Cincinatti (sp?) Did we expect anything less though. Tebow has over 300 passing yards at the half!

cjhutch
01-01-2010, 11:01 PM
This is exactly what I thought would happen. These teams that play in weak conferences and then play a soft schedule on top of that always want to play against the big boys at the end of the year. If they don't get picked they pull a Utah and go complain to Congress. At least in the Fiesta Bowl they put the two small school up against one another. I was praying that Texas would win so there would be a REAL national championship game on TV. I think anyone playing in a BCS bowl should at least have to play three games during the season against a top 25 opponent. I think the most competition TCU had all year was against Clemson. The only ranked team Boise State played was Oregon early in the year.

TIGERJC
01-01-2010, 11:46 PM
Damn I really wish the gators could have beat Alabama, so that we could play in the championship one last time for Tebow. But the gators will be back in about 2-3 years

TicketRedBB6
01-02-2010, 08:51 AM
And to think some people actually wanted Cincinatti to play in the national championship.

KlassAct_EJ6
01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
After seeing that game I was almost ashamed to be from Cincinnati. And what was so funny was local news stations interviewing fans and all of them were like "Well...when they get back we are going to still congratulate them on a good season. But it was a tough game" or something like that. Yeah they were 12-0 but I'd still roast them for getting beat up on like a fight scene extra on the losing side. Oh yeah, bdydrpdmazda it's spelled with just one t.:goodjob:

Deke
01-03-2010, 10:46 PM
This is exactly what I thought would happen. These teams that play in weak conferences and then play a soft schedule on top of that always want to play against the big boys at the end of the year. If they don't get picked they pull a Utah and go complain to Congress. At least in the Fiesta Bowl they put the two small school up against one another. I was praying that Texas would win so there would be a REAL national championship game on TV. I think anyone playing in a BCS bowl should at least have to play three games during the season against a top 25 opponent. I think the most competition TCU had all year was against Clemson. The only ranked team Boise State played was Oregon early in the year.

Yeah just like the Utah/Bama game last year. Or the Boise State/Oklahoma game a few years back. I do agree that a majority of the time these teams from weaker conferences get beat when they finally play a football factory, but when they pull the upset it's pretty spectacular.

There's also the intangibles with the Sugar Bowl this year (Turban Mebow's last chance to diddle each other vs. Cincinnati's lack of head coach).