PDA

View Full Version : battery question???

*EFilliated*
01-01-2010, 07:40 PM
about how long would it take a fairly new battery to die if the alternator not working?

BABY J
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Your electronics/headlights would probably kill it before you got 20 mins from your house.

*EFilliated*
01-01-2010, 11:31 PM
yea cuz my car is struggling to start now. im guessing its the starter going out

Your electronics/headlights would probably kill it before you got 20 mins from your house.

BABY J
01-01-2010, 11:33 PM
So get an alternator man ---

*EFilliated*
01-01-2010, 11:47 PM
why would i get an alternator if my battery isnt dying>?

So get an alternator man ---

punkr6
01-01-2010, 11:52 PM
about how long would it take a fairly new battery to die if the alternator not working?

yea cuz my car is struggling to start now. im guessing its the starter going out

why would i get an alternator if my battery isnt dying>?

Your Sense Makes None....

*EFilliated*
01-02-2010, 12:06 AM
:wgaf: im still fucked up from earlier. i asked how long the battery would last if the alternator stopped working. he said 20 minutes. my car has been on

for way more than that. meaning: the alternator is still good. and then i

stated that my car is struggling to START. so if its not the alternator than

its probably the starter. do you get it now :screwy:

Your Sense Makes None....

xdavidscenex
01-02-2010, 12:16 AM
to eliminate the possibilitys check your alt fuse then undo your positive terminal from your battery while the car is running if the car continues to run then its not your alt and more likely your starter is going out.

BABY J
01-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Your posts were not that easy to follow. The battery has a lot to do w/ the car starting - so does the alternator indirectly if it's not working 100 percent. You can get the charging system tested for free at Auto Zone to eliminate that... but the starter can only be tested OFF of the vehicle. Just bc it's hard to start doesn't automatically mean it's the starter - it could be the grounds.

Next time maybe just mention the symptoms instead of asking it all retarded - LOL.

*EFilliated*
01-02-2010, 12:20 AM
:lmfao:i was a little fucked up when i asked the question my bad lol

Your posts were not that easy to follow. The battery has a lot to do w/ the car starting - so does the alternator indirectly if it's not working 100 percent. You can get the charging system tested for free at Auto Zone to eliminate that... but the starter can only be tested OFF of the vehicle. Just bc it's hard to start doesn't automatically mean it's the starter - it could be the grounds.

Next time maybe just mention the symptoms instead of asking it all retarded - LOL.

BABY J
01-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Saul Goode man - haha. Good luck.

*EFilliated*
01-02-2010, 12:23 AM
i think its the starter by the symptoms

xdavidscenex
01-02-2010, 12:30 AM
did you check the soulutions? or are you just guessing get back with us lol

*EFilliated*
01-02-2010, 12:34 AM
i know what it is. i just wanted to know wat yall would say

did you check the soulutions? or are you just guessing get back with us lol

xdavidscenex
01-02-2010, 12:35 AM
ooook? haha

*EFilliated*
01-02-2010, 12:41 AM
? thanks for ALL the help

ooook? haha

Theycall_Metue
01-02-2010, 01:11 AM
if your alternator isnt working, the battery light inside your car will turn on. if the starter is going out, it'll take several times to start, it'll tick couple times before the car will crank up sometimes not will happen (starter gets stuck). common since test for battery - first make sure the battery light inside car isnt on. when you crank the car, it'll try to start, first start out strong and the car will start to lose power, if there is enough juice than it'll crank the car, if there isnt than it'll stop trying to crank and make a double tick noise.

simple way to see if your alternator is working if there isnt a battery light or if its dead. once the car is running, unhook the batter terminal. if the car dies than the alternator is dead, if its still running than its fine. the car runs off the alternator and only use the batter for starting and for the goodies in the car that use electricity

VTECking
01-02-2010, 05:17 AM
20-30 w/no radio on or ac on.

Theycall_Metue
01-02-2010, 10:41 AM
there isnt a exact time the battery will last untill its dead. depend on a lot of stuff, like head light, cd player, how fast your going, can go on forever. head lights are the ones that kill the battery the fastest.

BABY J
01-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Seems that he already knew what it was before he made the thread (LOL). FREE charging system check at Auto Zone --- this checks the ALT as well as the BATT. But hope it all works out.

99jdmLs
01-02-2010, 11:54 AM
just check your blinker fluid, its prob low

envision
01-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Bring it to Autozone or Advanced they can check the charging system for free