PDA

View Full Version : Founder of Crips set to die...

quickdodgeŽ
10-24-2005, 04:02 PM
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger office will be the target of an international campaign for an moratorium on the death penalty.

A coalition of religious,civic,and community leaders will announce plans for an international campaign to seek clemency for California death row inmate Stanley "Tookie" Williams. Williams is a co-founder of the Crips street gang
but has been nominated from prison for an nobel peace prize warning young people about the dangers of gangs through his writings.

"Tookie" Williams -- the subject of a television movie called "Redemption" is an ideal candidate for clemency. Co-founder of the Crips gang in South Central Los Angeles at age 16, he renounced gangs after eight years on Death Row and wrote the first of nine books for young readers.

He has received tens of thousands of e-mails from youths, parents, teachers and even law enforcement officials from around the world, saying his writings had changed and saved lives. He was first nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in 2000 by a member of Switzerland's Parliament and has been renominated several times."Stated Rev Sharpton.

"We intend to turn the spotlight on Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and his power to spare a condemned murderer's life by granting clemency, a power last exercised in California by Gov. Ronald Reagan in 1967". Stated Najee Ali, California state chair of the National Action Network.(NAN)

I am kind of torn on this, not because I spent time Crippin, but looking at this as a regular dude. This dude did a lot of work to try to "undo" the damage he caused a few families. I don't mean undo as in bring back to life these people, but to try and sway people away from a gang lifestyle. I believe in the death penalty, but as I think about it, the one's that really deserve it are the ones that don't give a shit about what they've done or shown no remorse or just did their time. This dude wrote a number of books and nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for trying to take down what he started. To me, that's not too bad. Later, QD.

HyPer50
10-24-2005, 04:18 PM
If the movie was really based on true things that he did.. ya I'd agree he should be spared.. And I'm usually all for the death penalty, but this guy really did try and make up and help folks (and apparently did help folks)

Mr.Big
10-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Damn thats fuck up I though they was going to let him out

quickdodgeŽ
10-24-2005, 07:46 PM
^^^ I definitely don't think he should be set free. He did murder 4 people and tore those families apart. But that was never an issue..setting him free. Later, QD.

MachNU
10-24-2005, 08:12 PM
To me it seems like the old saying.....if you could cure all the diseases in the world, but all you had to do is kill one innocent child could you do it. To me this guy shoudl get the death penalty but on the other han dif this guy has saved many lives and could save many more then he should be set free but only to an extent!

Brett
10-24-2005, 09:51 PM
He is someone who has tried to change his life for real and make a difference, Not many can say that when they get sent to prison

Jaimecbr900
10-25-2005, 07:00 PM
If the guy is as he's portrayed, he is a good example of how someone can be a positive influence even after entering prison. I too am usually for the death penalty, but this one is tough. If the families of those he murdered were on his side, maybe I'd be more swayed to feel he deserved clemency.

Tough one. Sad he wasted so many years knowing now how much great potential the man had all along inside him.

quickdodgeŽ
10-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Very true, Jaime. Later, QD.

ahmonrah
10-26-2005, 04:50 PM
he's made up for the damage he's done. though he is paying societies punishment for murder, he should not in my opinion be put to death. no one knows that after taking 4 lives how many hundreds more he most likely saved from entering the same lifestyle that he himself was a creator of.

death penalty shouldnt be exercised in his case, but he shouldnt be set free. and if he is given a break, a MIN-SEC prison would be the best option.

B16a2 Civic
10-26-2005, 04:53 PM
ahh...that sucks fa real...

Julio
10-26-2005, 05:46 PM
Is all a cover up, hang him... Sometimes it takes people the scare of being in deathrow to realize what they did was wrong.. At that point is to late.

he should pay for what he did.. anyone would do anything to get out of the mess they did in the past. I dont buy it.

Julio
10-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh, and Im willing to bet, if they set him free.. he wont last long.

quickdodgeŽ
10-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Setting him free isn't even an option. Later, QD.

MachNU
10-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Oh, and Im willing to bet, if they set him free.. he wont last long.

What... you mean all those friends who will "visit" him when he gets out arent there for brotherly love? :cool: