PDA

View Full Version : Gaming xbox live networking help needed.

thirdgenss
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
up until recently i was using a netgear router and the regular white wireless xbox live adapter.

we had a bad storm about a month ago and it took out my router. I bought a Belkin N150 router and it sucked ass. I got tired of the lagass connection with the belkin, i thought maybe if i bought the new wireless "N" adapter xbox has out that it would get better. well it didnt.

im gonna return the belkin. i went last night and bought a Linksys WRT120N and im using it with the wireless N xbox adapter. Even with this set up during call of duty i still drop to yellow (2 bars) of signal and it just seems to be shitty. i updated the firmware and that didnt help. anyone on here have this problem or know what i can do to get better service?

i only live in a 2 bedroom house. my router is about 20-30 feet away from my xbox. if any more info is needed to help diagnose the problem let me know. thanks for the help IA

JITB
12-31-2009, 06:03 PM
what carrier do u have? do u have cable or dsl?

thirdgenss
01-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Road Runner. Cable.

JITB
01-01-2010, 02:34 AM
u stay in an apartment? i was always cable, is sketchy if you stay in a populate area.. and at peak times the connection can decrease..