PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to race?! Buford hwy, right now!

AnthonyF
12-31-2009, 08:58 AM
I know some of you were like "this kids an asshole" Nah, just a joke, cus I can't race...here's progress of my bike. Stripping it down to the frame and going to get it painted/powder coated. I also bought a powder coating kit to do a lot of the work my self. I just can't figure out what colors I want yet. I wish I could find some1's quote where it said "Knowing you Ant, it wont take long before you start making this one unique and stand out" Or something along those lines. lol

Subframe is ready to come off, kick stand is all off, whole nose is off, now I need to drain my fluids, and work on the engine and wiring harness area.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/DSCN0770.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/DSCN0769.jpg

-Ant.

David88vert
12-31-2009, 10:23 PM
That's not torn down yet - you have to strip it down to frame.
I have Sung's 7RR all apart in my garage. All has been powdercoated wrinkle black ,and all CF bodywork is here. Engine is big bore, and an old school Muzzy titanium exhaust shipped in. Have the AP M/C etc for it. Complete real race bike with 4 sets of Marchesini wheels.

Hondatwin23
01-01-2010, 09:28 PM
That's not torn down yet - you have to strip it down to frame.
I have Sung's 7RR all apart in my garage. All has been powdercoated wrinkle black ,and all CF bodywork is here. Engine is big bore, and an old school Muzzy titanium exhaust shipped in. Have the AP M/C etc for it. Complete real race bike with 4 sets of Marchesini wheels.

sounds like a killer!

David88vert
01-01-2010, 09:57 PM
It will be if I get around to putting it together. I've been either too busy or too lazy for months.

AnthonyF
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
I was gonna rip it apart today but i was too hung over. :(

-Ant.

BLK JDM
01-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Why are you going to powdercoat the frame and swingarm blk when they are already blk? Do you have scratches? Remember once you do that you have to rebearing the whole frame and swingarm. It's not bad but pretty tedious just to be doing it. Good luck though. I know it will come out looking bad ass.

Oh and try not to put your fairings on the ground. They tend to get light scratches. Always hang them. Some people have have premonitions about fairings touching the ground as a bad sign also.

AnthonyF
01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
^Exactly. I'm not. I am thinking of doing them midnight blue or electric blue.

My tail section is broken anyways and I am gonna get my fairings painted as well.

:) I've gotton more done but keep forgetting tools I need at the shop.

-Ant.

jdmdb8itr
01-05-2010, 12:39 PM
if you need them painted let me know, i can do them for cheap, if you have the paint and stuff

BLK JDM
01-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Come on no more updates or pics? You know this forum is dead during the winter. You're our last hope...Lol

AnthonyF
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Come on no more updates or pics? You know this forum is dead during the winter. You're our last hope...Lol
AHAH this is true. I did some more work to it only to find out that I need two large ass allen's that are at my shop so they stopped me from working further. So i wasn't able to remove the front wheel or swing arm. I'm going to go flat black parts. Midnight blue frame. White fairings.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/r603.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/r604.jpg

-Ant.

AnthonyF
01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I've got the engine and frame left.

Here's the frame, sub frame I'd like to have. Then I want to run white rims/fairings.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/r605.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/r606.jpg

-Ant.

jdmdb8itr
01-09-2010, 03:01 PM
that would look sick.

Patterson
01-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I've got the engine and frame left.

Here's the frame, sub frame I'd like to have. Then I want to run white rims/fairings.
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/r605.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/TRYMY40/r606.jpg

-Ant.

if you do the white wheels i think you will hate it. some of my buddies have tried it and they had to carry a rag in there pocket so everytime we stoped they could wipe them down lol. most of them are in some type of candy powder coat now.

but then again mine are black and i still wipe them down almost everytime :D

BLK JDM
01-10-2010, 04:13 PM
if you do the white wheels i think you will hate it. some of my buddies have tried it and they had to carry a rag in there pocket so everytime we stoped they could wipe them down lol. most of them are in some type of candy powder coat now.

but then again mine are black and i still wipe them down almost everytime :D

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing!! White wheels are a PITA!! Seriously. They look awesome when clean but look like pure shit when dirty. There's no middle ground.

pbstarr1
02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
I love yam's!! I'm the true doctor!!lol

AnthonyF
02-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Well, I gave my engine to Doctor Dug. The exhaust valves wee WAY out of wack. He's going to remove the head, adjust them properly and I'm getting a thinner head gasket. :)

-Ant.

BLK JDM
02-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Well, I gave my engine to Doctor Dug. The exhaust valves wee WAY out of wack. He's going to remove the head, adjust them properly and I'm getting a thinner head gasket. :)

-Ant.

Why were they out of wack? What you been doing? Are they bent or just need to be adjusted? How many miles do you have on your R6?

dazn
02-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Why were they out of wack? What you been doing? Are they bent or just need to be adjusted? How many miles do you have on your R6?

yeah, wth?

Patterson
02-17-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm getting a thinner head gasket. :)

-Ant.

:goodjob: i pulled 7hp from a thin gasket, degreed cams and upgraded valve springs and retainers on a 600.

AnthonyF
02-17-2010, 07:08 AM
Why were they out of wack? What you been doing? Are they bent or just need to be adjusted? How many miles do you have on your R6?I have 22k miles on it. He said it could have been from moisture since I didn't have the header on it and the engine was just sitting there. Intakes were fine, probably due to me never taking the TB off.

yeah, wth?
^up above.

:goodjob: i pulled 7hp from a thin gasket, degreed cams and upgraded valve springs and retainers on a 600.Nice. I won't be going that outrageous with it. But that would be nice to tell people it's stock and have all hidden mods. :goodjob:

-Ant.

BLK JDM
02-17-2010, 11:25 AM
I have 22k miles on it. He said it could have been from moisture since I didn't have the header on it and the engine was just sitting there. Intakes were fine, probably due to me never taking the TB off.

^up above.

Nice. I won't be going that outrageous with it. But that would be nice to tell people it's stock and have all hidden mods. :goodjob:

-Ant.

The valvesprings won't give you any power they'll just help it to rev higher safely. But I would try to get the cams degreed since he's already in there. 7hp from the headgasket and degreed stock cams on a R6 will be night and day. Hell on any bike it will be night and day. Do you already have a PC3 or Bazzaz? If not I'd go ahead and order one and get it tuned. Even with just the thin headgasket and exhaust you'll definitely need a new tune. Motomummy.com is selling the PC3s for $265 shipped!! I just got my PC5 from them last week. Got here in 2 days!!

Sir_Christopher
02-17-2010, 11:30 AM
i thought you gave up on the bike?

im glad you didnt!1

let me get that pitbull stand man!

AnthonyF
02-17-2010, 11:58 AM
The valvesprings won't give you any power they'll just help it to rev higher safely. But I would try to get the cams degreed since he's already in there. 7hp from the headgasket and degreed stock cams on a R6 will be night and day. Hell on any bike it will be night and day. Do you already have a PC3 or Bazzaz? If not I'd go ahead and order one and get it tuned. Even with just the thin headgasket and exhaust you'll definitely need a new tune. Motomummy.com is selling the PC3s for $265 shipped!! I just got my PC5 from them last week. Got here in 2 days!!I'm not an idiot. And they do "add" power but not letting the valves float or be inconsistent. I build my Mustang engine 6 times, myself. I dont have a PC3 yet. i will talk to the guy and see what he can do with the cams. Plus I am trying to find an EVO IX. Arg!

i thought you gave up on the bike?

im glad you didnt!1

let me get that pitbull stand man!
Nah, i'm keeping it. But it's hella sex in the summer. Very few cars compare to a bike when riding/driving them.

Fuk u. My pitbulls! :tongue1:

-Ant.

Sir_Christopher
02-17-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm not an idiot. And they do "add" power but not letting the valves float or be inconsistent. I build my Mustang engine 6 times, myself. I dont have a PC3 yet. i will talk to the guy and see what he can do with the cams. Plus I am trying to find an EVO IX. Arg!

Nah, i'm keeping it. But it's hella sex in the summer. Very few cars compare to a bike when riding/driving them.

Fuk u. My pitbulls! :tongue1:

-Ant.

well i will be seeing you this summer, im picking up my 05 cbr600rr today,

i have plans with her also, suck as sanding some scratches off and painting it a flat black, or a gloss black

andd come on!!, lemme get the pitbull!!
atleast mine runs haha.

AnthonyF
02-17-2010, 12:35 PM
well i will be seeing you this summer, im picking up my 05 cbr600rr today,Mos def. I went to almost every meet on the bike.

i have plans with her also, suck as sanding some scratches off and painting it a flat black, or a gloss blackhmmm...DOn't go gloss black. Matte black is nice, but a lil played out. Isn't yours a graphite grey color? I would stick with that. It's a beautiful color.

andd come on!!, lemme get the pitbull!!
atleast mine runs haha.Try CL. I bought both mine for like...150 or something? Off of a guy on IA but found him other places too.

How about when mine is back together...we run..for slips... ;)

-Ant.

Sir_Christopher
02-17-2010, 12:54 PM
ill be going to all the meets i can go to if im not working!!

and i just got a new bike, it has some scratches on the left fairing that needs some attending to,

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/Ef_ftw73/1265820426.jpg

and im gonna make craigslist my best friend

and deal!!!! let me go grab my turbo setup and get a tune!

AnthonyF
02-17-2010, 01:10 PM
and deal!!!! let me go grab my turbo setup and get a tune!On the bike? Please don't ruin that Honda. Paint the swing arm flat black then get the bike done.

so we're playing the 1 up thing? Aight...

Lemme go call my friend/friend of the family/customer and hop in his 1600 hp (TO THE GROUND!) Dodge Viper.... ;)

I could have taken this slower...but where's the fun in that? lulz.

-Ant.

Sir_Christopher
02-17-2010, 01:15 PM
On the bike? Please don't ruin that Honda. Paint the swing arm flat black then get the bike done.

so we're playing the 1 up thing? Aight...

Lemme go call my friend/friend of the family/customer and hop in his 1600 hp (TO THE GROUND!) Dodge Viper.... ;)

I could have taken this slower...but where's the fun in that? lulz.

-Ant.

haha dick :lmfao:

and the only thing on my bike will be the power commander and exhaust haha

and let me go up to my best friends paint shop and go get the full race bike and i can plow that viper into the ground haha

AnthonyF
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
haha dick :lmfao:

and the only thing on my bike will be the power commander and exhaust haha

and let me go up to my best friends paint shop and go get the full race bike and i can plow that viper into the ground hahanot if i swerve just a tad. ;) :ninja:

-Ant.

Sir_Christopher
02-17-2010, 01:21 PM
not if i swerve just a tad. ;) :ninja:

-Ant.

very true. unless i launch like a bat out of hell, the race would be done before your tires stoped spinning :taun:

AnthonyF
02-17-2010, 01:30 PM
very true. unless i launch like a bat out of hell, the race would be done before your tires stoped spinning :taun:Which is never on that car. You can spin the tires at 120. lol. making over 60psi of boost.

-Ant.

Sir_Christopher
02-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Which is never on that car. You can spin the tires at 120. lol. making over 60psi of boost.

-Ant.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk270/Ef_ftw73/smiley_oh_sticker-p2171949016057924.jpg

i can have?

Patterson
02-19-2010, 07:20 AM
How about when mine is back together...we run..for slips... ;)

-Ant.

can i get in on this? :D

good luck with the bike. hope it goes together good. if your looking for a PC3 i might have one coming available here soon.

I think one of you just need to buy mine :goodjob:

EskimoMice
02-23-2010, 10:36 PM
whoa... long project you got there Ant...