PDA

View Full Version : Any goons racing this season?

4uh8ers
12-31-2009, 08:54 AM
So like the title says. Any goons gonna be autocrossing or doing any track days this season? I am gonna participate in all the atlanta region autocrosses this year and also hit a few of the track days at RA and barber and some o the other local tracks this year. Trying to get as much seat time as possible, and if funds are available, maybe pick up a spec e30 or miata and start getting competetive later down the road!

PURP
12-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm wanting too. But with this fab'd up bouncy fucked up suspension I got on this car, I might or might not. I'm actually looking at a spare set of wheels for such occasions, right now.

lanning
12-31-2009, 03:39 PM
since my car is back up stock height im racing over speed bumps if that counts, jake doesnt return pm's btw :(

NAMNORI
01-01-2010, 01:13 AM
i'm gonna race time this year.

PURP
01-02-2010, 10:39 AM
i'm gonna race time this year.

well it's gonna win

SandM
01-02-2010, 01:28 PM
hopefully i'll be racing this year, funds permitting

PURP
01-02-2010, 08:14 PM
hopefully i'll be racing this year, funds permitting

Let me race your car for you and we'll split the winnings

NAMNORI
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
well it's gonna win

Whatever. I always hit the check points in time to get more time.

SandM
01-04-2010, 07:05 AM
lol at bill and purp....

4uh8ers
01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Well hells yea. So i will be seeing some of you guys up there then. And lanning, i havent gotten any pm's from you. Still got yhose wheels?

And purp, my buddy has some z3 wheels with sticky tires on them hr will prob part out.

lanning
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
damn i could have sworn i sent you a drunk pm, but yeah i still have them

BKgen®
01-04-2010, 04:46 PM
im racing mah kdm tyte rwd turbo kimchi rocket w00t w00t

SandM
01-04-2010, 04:52 PM

i dont want to hear aboutz yur fantasy penis......

lanning
01-04-2010, 04:54 PM
why did you take muh quotes out of your sig

i dont want to hear aboutz yur fantasy penis......
hai paul ;)

SandM
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
HAI LANNINGS

NAMNORI
01-04-2010, 05:19 PM
lol at bill and purp....

Shut up foo!

I canz rais. I has uber mad skillz yo! Me and the fo doe iz winning this year!

Revmaynard
01-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I'll be at a few test and tunes if anything. I'm not sure specifically what I'll be doing with my car this year yet.

4uh8ers
01-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Well lanning, i still want them, just spending my money on things i need for this season. I got a helmet, and have a few seats to choose from, and i am trying to find a good harness right now. I better see some of you fools at some of the auto crosses atleast. Its cheap, and fun as hell. And the "white banana", i better see you out there. I wanna see that new whip of yours in action!

SandM
01-06-2010, 03:25 PM
<<<--- not a big fan of cone jockying

BKgen®
01-06-2010, 04:25 PM
<<<--- HUGE fan of cock jockying

wat

4uh8ers
01-06-2010, 07:49 PM
<<<--- not a big fan of cone jockying

But for the pol who dnt have the supporting funds or experience to jump on the track, auto crossing is a fun, affordable, and stepping stone into racing. Have you ever done an auto x before?

SandM
01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
nah, haven't wanted to. i never said it was a bad choice for anyone else, i'd just rather learn my car on a road coarse instead of low speed tight corners in a parking lot. two different set-ups and types of driving.

lanning
01-07-2010, 04:02 PM
Well lanning, i still want them, just spending my money on things i need for this season. I got a helmet, and have a few seats to choose from, and i am trying to find a good harness right now. I better see some of you fools at some of the auto crosses atleast. Its cheap, and fun as hell. And the "white banana", i better see you out there. I wanna see that new whip of yours in action!
well hit me up im sure we can figure out a deal

4uh8ers
01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
nah, haven't wanted to. i never said it was a bad choice for anyone else, i'd just rather learn my car on a road coarse instead of low speed tight corners in a parking lot. two different set-ups and types of driving.

Your opinion i guess. I didnt think autocross would be fun until i did it. And learning your car on a track sometimes ends in a car into the wall or worse. But to each their own, and hope to see you out there mane!!!!!

And Lanning, i may not have the teg by tomorro. But if i do, i will hit you up. :cheers:

PURP
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM
Your opinion i guess. I didnt think autocross would be fun until i did it. And learning your car on a track sometimes ends in a car into the wall or worse.

Not if you take the proper time to learn the track, while learning your car. Plus the chances of hitting the wall in stock ass civics, are very low. It's hard to do it, unless you can't drive down the straight. Most turns have baracades. Tires, sand, grass, etc... I know... I've been on real tracks.... it's 10000000000 times better than parkinglot racing.

I'm dranked also... lolol

4uh8ers
01-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Not if you take the proper time to learn the track, while learning your car. Plus the chances of hitting the wall in stock ass civics, are very low. It's hard to do it, unless you can't drive down the straight. Most turns have baracades. Tires, sand, grass, etc... I know... I've been on real tracks.... it's 10000000000 times better than parkinglot racing.

I'm dranked also... lolol

Your dranked!!!!! It's much less forgiving hitting a cone than "baracades-tires-ect". I'm not doubting anyone driving ability. Just adding my 2 cents and concerns. I was just trying to get my point across that auto crosses cost $40 and it's a introduction into racing. I personally think it's fun as hell. Real race tracks are much more fun tho. And if your doing hpde, or pdx, then it's a controlled environment and your not really getting out of your confort zone, so yea, more power to you. But atleast do one auto crosss is what I am saying. It's more fun than you think.

.............. And purp, just wanted to add a good old fuck you!!!!

P.s. Tell your wife I love her, and sorry if the baby comes out looking like me.

SandM
01-26-2010, 10:44 AM
well, as soon as my tax refund comes in i'll be purchasing my new "special" tires, helmet, neck brace, and other goodies. Checked out the NASA HPDE schedule this year and hopefully i'll be at the one in March and others. Still need to check the Redline schedule for this year.