PDA

View Full Version : 2009 State Holidays, hold on wut?

Blitanicle99
12-31-2009, 12:25 AM
This is a cut and paste from a DMV website.

"http://www.gms.state.ga.us/images/titles/title_tl.gif

2007 State Holidays
The following is the list of state holidays when the Capitol and all state agencies will be closed in 2007:
New Year’s Day Monday, January 1 Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Birthday Monday, January 15 Confederate Memorial Day Monday, April 23 Memorial Day Monday, May 28 Independence Day Wednesday, July 4 Labor Day Monday, September 3 Columbus Day Monday, October 8 Veterans Day November 11, will be observed on Monday Novermer 12 Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 22 Robert E. Lee's Birthday January 19 - Will be observed Friday, November 23 Christmas Day December 25 - Will be observed Tuesday, December 25 Washington's Birthday February 19 - Will be observed Monday, December 24"

http://www.gms.state.ga.us/employee/calenhol.asp

Really? Does the state of GA really celebrate this shit? I mean, I recede from the great state of Alabama, southern boy right here. But, why is this date on the same list as Memorial Day and Christmas?

Discuss.

Elbow
12-31-2009, 06:15 AM
LMFAO all I got here was someone saying Alabama was a great state....HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA

quickdodge®
12-31-2009, 08:42 AM
Really? Does the state of GA really celebrate this shit? I mean, I recede from the great state of Alabama, southern boy right here. But, why is this date on the same list as Memorial Day and Christmas?

Discuss.

Most states in the US have always taken the day after Thanskgiving off. The use this day to actually observe E. Lee's birthday. It's very much a commonplace in the country. State holidays are controlled by each state. And every state has them. Texas has Lyndon Johnson Day, Vermont observes Bennington Battle Day and Nevada has Nevada Day. Those are all legal state holidays where state employees and schools are closed for that day. Tennessee also observes Lee's birthday. Later, QD.

bdydrpdmazda
12-31-2009, 08:49 AM
lee was kind of a big deal...

civic gsr
12-31-2009, 11:30 AM
jejejejje atl