PDA

View Full Version : Sports Buffalo at Atlanta...

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Looks like Atlanta is at least playing to have an even season. Up 10-0 at the half isn't bad. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
12-27-2009, 03:59 PM
At least they won't have a losing season this year. Later, QD.

VIP Style
12-31-2009, 09:46 AM
falcons are probably going to end up 8-8, bucs are coming out swinging at home this weekend. all this winning/losing season stuff is bull IMO. if your team is packing their bags to head home in december for missing the playoffs, than you didnt have a winning season.

quickdodgeŽ
12-31-2009, 10:57 AM
falcons are probably going to end up 8-8, bucs are coming out swinging at home this weekend. all this winning/losing season stuff is bull IMO. if your team is packing their bags to head home in december for missing the playoffs, than you didnt have a winning season.

If you had a record better than 8-8, then technically, you did have a winning season.

I think the Falcons had the same good team this year as last. The problem (as I see it) is that they had just too many bad breaks with injuries and missed plays. Atlanta had strong chances to beat New Orleans in BOTH GAMES this year and failed to do so. There were a couple of other games where dropped passes and missed FGs were the key elements in losses. There is no real reason why they shouldn't have been at least 10-6, if not 11-5. I think that since they surprised everyone last year, they thought they could stroll through this one as well. Most everyone was ready this year and the Falcons didn't seem to prepare for the other teams preparations. They really need defensive work and some stickier hands in the receiving corps to come back next year. I also think that with more time, Redmond and Snelling can be big time back ups, if not part time starters. Especially Snelling. But the biggest focus should be on the defensive side of the ball. Later, QD.

VIP Style
01-01-2010, 09:56 AM
All of the missed opprotunities is what has me shaking my head man. falcons IMO definitely should have made the playoffs this year, but another deep threat to push jenkins for his spot will definitely help. Ryan didnt even look like himself this season, and falcons need to use norwood alot more, if he can stay healthy. norwood has such a quick, in your face, homerun type ability. especially in screen passes.
If you had a record better than 8-8, then technically, you did have a winning season.

I think the Falcons had the same good team this year as last. The problem (as I see it) is that they had just too many bad breaks with injuries and missed plays. Atlanta had strong chances to beat New Orleans in BOTH GAMES this year and failed to do so. There were a couple of other games where dropped passes and missed FGs were the key elements in losses. There is no real reason why they shouldn't have been at least 10-6, if not 11-5. I think that since they surprised everyone last year, they thought they could stroll through this one as well. Most everyone was ready this year and the Falcons didn't seem to prepare for the other teams preparations. They really need defensive work and some stickier hands in the receiving corps to come back next year. I also think that with more time, Redmond and Snelling can be big time back ups, if not part time starters. Especially Snelling. But the biggest focus should be on the defensive side of the ball. Later, QD.