PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestion on Lugs and Alarm system.

G.C
12-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Well basically i'm looking to get some lug nuts that requires a special key. But not the ones from like advance auto parts where every guy around the corner has a key to.
Where do they sell custom ones or the ones that aren't really around. Thanks

Also anyone have any good suggestion on a alarm system? Looking for one that's pretty sensitive and has some kind of feature that can let me know my car's alarm is on by keychain or something. There's so many around, i don't know which one is the best bang for the buck.

Thanks for help.

toxxxic
12-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Volk lugnuts. Not EVERYONE has those. But they're around 300 a set.

And tons of companies make 2-way alarm/remote start systems with the keychain that tells you if its going off. Viper is popular.

youngmill
12-26-2009, 08:20 AM
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD GOOD THINGSS TO SAY ABOUT THE 2 way/page scytck Alarm 777. Also I dont know if this is some what of an alarm system. Those usually are pretty good.

99jdmLs
12-26-2009, 09:29 AM
Volk lugnuts. Not EVERYONE has those. But they're around 300 a set.

And tons of companies make 2-way alarm/remote start systems with the keychain that tells you if its going off. Viper is popular.

good choice for the lugnuts...i owned a set of formula racing lugs. i think i saw only a couple of people with them in 2 years. you have to have a key to take the cap off the an internal key to take the lugnut off. :goodjob:

and the lugnuts from advanced are only good if you ahve nothing else to use. i use a 17mm deep socket to take those off all day. not the "key"

G.C
12-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks guys. repped.

scttydb411
12-27-2009, 10:55 AM
use 4 different locking lugs on each wheel...it'll slow anyone down even if they have all sets of keys.

i run 2 seperate alarms w/ multiple sirens and pain generator inside the cab as well. starter kill/fuel pump kill (manual and alarm) as well as a paging system.

move out of metro atlanta too...to the sticks somewhere where there are a bunch of good ol' boys w/ big guns.

it may be overkill, but can't be too careful. if they have a snatch truck you're out of luck if it's not in a garage. if they want it bad enough they'll get it.

imprtguy_94
12-27-2009, 11:05 AM
use 4 different locking lugs on each wheel...it'll slow anyone down even if they have all sets of keys.

i run 2 seperate alarms w/ multiple sirens and pain generator inside the cab as well. starter kill/fuel pump kill (manual and alarm) as well as a paging system.

move out of metro atlanta too...to the sticks somewhere where there are a bunch of good ol' boys w/ big guns.

it may be overkill, but can't be too careful. if they have a snatch truck you're out of luck if it's not in a garage. if they want it bad enough they'll get it.

i have one alarm by clifford that does the multiple sounds, and i recommend getting the starter and fuel kill (manual) cause that will for sure stop someone lol,

dam two alarms? lol nobody gettting in your ride :goodjob:

gambit4000s
12-31-2009, 02:29 AM
buy steel wheels

DeeAOne
12-31-2009, 02:47 AM
kill switch is much more effective IMO. :yes: