PDA

View Full Version : Starting problem

Kserieskid
12-25-2009, 07:53 PM
So I just swapped a obd1 Ls into a obd1 civic and it won't start. The car gets power and everything works but when you turn the key to the start position nothing happens. I tried using a giant jump box on wheels to boost the battery and still nothing. I found that the starter isn't getting a signal through the trigger wire. Its constantly ground where the key is out, on or in the start position. I used a power probe with the key on and manually fed the trigger wire power and it fired up perfectly. Cold start, warm up idle, and warm idle is fine. It rev's clean as well. The motor is completely stock and was running fine before pulled from the teg its from. Second problem is after the motor is warm and I turn the motor off it will not start again. It turns and turns then back fires loud as hell. Then when I stop feeding it powera valve on the back of the intake manifold makes a loud electrical noise. I was told its the idle/air control valve, it has two coolant lines passing through it. When I unplug the harness from this valve it stops making this noise, but when I reconnect it the noise comes back.. It will also stop if I turn the key off and stay off when I turn it back on. This is with a tucked engine harness done by myself. Its my fifth one and I solder everything correctly. It would make sense that the harness is fine when the motor runs clean and no check engine lights come on. I don't get it. What do you guys think??

toxxxic
12-25-2009, 11:16 PM
come on assholes, help!!! :'( PLEEEEEASE?!

Kserieskid
12-27-2009, 12:21 AM
Turned out to be some kind of ground wire in the harness by the pedals that works with the starter relay in the under hood fuse box. Works fine now. Thanks for the help i.a.
Not!

Black4DrEK
12-27-2009, 12:33 AM
^ Glad we could help..

LOL. JK

toxxxic
12-27-2009, 12:39 AM
Everyone is too damn busy obsessing over Courtney & her TL.

Black4DrEK
12-27-2009, 12:41 AM
Everyone is too damn busy obsessing over Courtney & her TL.

LOL.

TrooF!

toxxxic
12-27-2009, 12:43 AM
Assholes.

Black4DrEK
12-27-2009, 12:45 AM
haha..Yup..
Most folks on here are D Bags forsure!!