PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I KNOW MY BLOCK IS BLOWN? Bseries B18b1

youngmill
12-25-2009, 10:13 AM
I have an LS block got it on ah trade. The pistons are all some what down. two are half way up, an two are all the way down. Some one told me its blown, IDK tho. Just wanted to see if any one knew for sure its blown because of the pistons. The only reason my boi said its blown was simply because of the position of the pistons. Any feed bak about this is really appreciated. Holla bak

ballistic08
12-25-2009, 10:16 AM
rotate the crank and see if all the pistons come to the top of the deck, if ones lower you have a bent or broken rod. if its locked up either your not trying hard enough or somethings messed up.

98blackcivic
12-25-2009, 10:21 AM
what he said^

Bus Driver J
12-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Can you turn the crank at all??

NoWAyItZTOMmY
12-25-2009, 10:46 AM
which 2 are up and down

STRteg
12-25-2009, 10:50 AM
rotate the crank and see if all the pistons come to the top of the deck, if ones lower you have a bent or broken rod. if its locked up either your not trying hard enough or somethings messed up.

X2 You have to move the crank and let the pistons run there cycle if you cant move it fairly easily probably locked up

Black4DrEK
12-25-2009, 12:18 PM
LOL at thinking its blown because of the the pistons "position"

2 pistons will ALWAYS be down while the other 2 are up..

Turn the crank make sure all go up to top of deck. x100000000000

Its probly got bad rings or something..

SleeperWRX
12-25-2009, 12:22 PM

x2 :goodjob:

Black4DrEK
12-25-2009, 12:25 PM
On another note it ISSSSSSS SOOOOO FUCKED UPPPP!!!

Let me take it off your hands for free!!?:D

boosted b
12-25-2009, 12:45 PM
On another note it ISSSSSSS SOOOOO FUCKED UPPPP!!!

like the way u think

youngmill
12-25-2009, 01:17 PM

Ok I willl try that. It doesn't even have the crank pulley on it. Wont I need the pulley to turn the crank?

which 2 are up and down

The two in the middle are some what in the middle. the two on the ends are all the way down.

Its probly got bad rings or something..

I WAS JUST GOING FROM WHAT AH FRIEND TOLD ME

note it ISSSSSSS SOOOOO FUCKED UPPPP!!!

Not gone happen lol

like the way u think

lol

Black4DrEK
12-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Ok I willl try that. It doesn't even have the crank pulley on it. Wont I need the pulley to turn the crank?

You dont need the pulley but do need the Bolt. 17mm socket

The two in the middle are some what in the middle. the two on the ends are all the way down.

Does not matter!

I WAS JUST GOING FROM WHAT AH FRIEND TOLD ME

Dont always go by 'friends' words

Not gone happen lol

Well let me know:D

lol

youngmill
12-25-2009, 01:36 PM

Hahaha I hear you. I mean I have some plans for it Its my lil project stand buy unless its waisted then I might just sell the thing to someone that wants to build it up. Ima lyk about it.

ballistic08
12-25-2009, 02:20 PM
middle two move together and outside two move together, if you dont have the bolt use an adjustable wrench where the oil pump rides

collins
12-25-2009, 03:35 PM
I have an LS block got it on ah trade. The pistons are all some what down. two are half way up, an two are all the way down. Some one told me its blown, IDK tho. Just wanted to see if any one knew for sure its blown because of the pistons. The only reason my boi said its blown was simply because of the position of the pistons. Any feed bak about this is really appreciated. Holla bak

just deck the block until until the top is almost flush with the 2 pistons that are up. then you'll basically have an f1 enging with a few less cylinders!

ps, do NOT do that. i was totally kidding.

youngmill
12-25-2009, 03:44 PM
just deck the block until until the top is almost flush with the 2 pistons that are up. then you'll basically have an f1 enging with a few less cylinders!

ps, do NOT do that. i was totally kidding.

What? I was about to say ur trippin lol.

Echonova
12-25-2009, 03:49 PM
I have an LS block got it on ah trade. The pistons are all some what down. two are half way up, an two are all the way down. Some one told me its blown, IDK tho. Just wanted to see if any one knew for sure its blown because of the pistons. The only reason my boi said its blown was simply because of the position of the pistons. Any feed bak about this is really appreciated. Holla bakYou referred to your friend as "boi"... He (as well as yourself) obviously knows nothing about motors.

Find another hobby, like rap.

youngmill
12-25-2009, 04:04 PM
You referred to your friend as "boi"... He (as well as yourself) obviously knows nothing about motors.

Fuk rap I cant rap. U should have said something like school or something.. UTI or something outher than ah get rich quick with no computer skills needed like rappin. Im gud thanks tho.

youngmill
12-25-2009, 04:07 PM
You referred to your friend as "boi"... He (as well as yourself) obviously knows nothing about motors.

An your right about me and motors. Thats why I always paid for my work, now im just trying to ask about thing for my self. Isn't that the reason I made this thread?

Echonova
12-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Fuk rap I cant rap. U should have said something like school or something.. UTI or something outher than ah get rich quick with no computer skills needed like rappin. Im gud thanks tho.Eff eye wuld saye go bakK 2 schuol I wuld tell U two go baK 2 eleminterary schuol 4 speeling an gramer

An your right about me and motors.I'm always right.

*EFilliated*
12-25-2009, 08:25 PM
lol :lmfao:

Eff eye wuld saye go bakK 2 schuol I wuld tell U two go baK 2 eleminterary schuol 4 speeling an gramer

I'm always right.

jmmx258
12-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Just look for lip stick.

youngmill
12-26-2009, 08:05 AM
[QUOTE=Echonova;38649794]Eff eye wuld saye go bakK 2 schuol I wuld tell U two go baK 2 eleminterary schuol 4 speeling an gramer

Really I dont care about going all the way back to change something i messed up on when It comes to writing
most of the time. Im on my helio ocean phone, and some times I mess up when texting using the landscape mode. I hate going back and correcting one letter because it takes way to long. So u can either deal with it or read between the lines. OR STOP COMING IN HERE WITH YOUR SMART ASS MOUTH! Holla bak

IM ALWAYS RIGHT! Lame!!!!!!

See what I mean about being a SMART ASS. thanks for the feed back anyways bro. Pls Move On Now.

TommyD1919
12-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know why but this is a funny to me. Someone told me my lucky charms were no good because I left the box open..
Im just kidding if you don't know something then you should ask... No harm in that. Kinda what this forum is for.

NoWAyItZTOMmY
12-26-2009, 05:54 PM
2 middle will be all the way down and the outside will be all the way up, or vice versa

IntegraXTR
12-26-2009, 06:01 PM
sounds like you need to slap your friend. Like everyone stated earlier, the middle 2 move together and the outer 2 move together. As long as you can turn the crank, then you should be fine.

youngmill
12-27-2009, 04:59 PM
its good, i ckecked the block. also the guy I got it from said it just need to be honed and cleaned up. Thanks everybody for showing.

reps for you positive ppl

All pistons come up and and go down with out it being hard to turn.