PDA

View Full Version : Religion May need to be moved but somewhat religious.

MidLifeCrisis
12-25-2009, 01:01 AM
OK, for starters, i put this into religion because i didn't see where else it fit, and if anything i want some good overall opinions from all different views..

This issue is so serious that i lose DAYS of sleep over this subject, the mere thought of it makes my stomache so upset i have to shit/get sick sometimes. I can't discuss it with people in my personal life because 1) i dont want them to get on this same train of thought 2) because osme are christians and i dont want to to start an arguement. I cant even tell my girlfriend because i fear she would leave me if she realized this goes on..

If nothing i praise chrisitians.. blind faith is a crazy thing and people who use it to cope with everyday life and fucked up situations get props from me. I personally just cant lie to myself.. i'm too smooth to smooth-talk me.

SOO, here it is:

Take 1 second and think just how insignificant, not just 1, but all people really are. Humans in general, i mean what if a meteor was coming tommorrow and was gonna take out earth or the sun? Or was gonna destroy the rotation fo the planets? Is gravity strong enough to keep shit in check? We have no way of saving ourselves. That would be it, the end.. And what about being terminally ill? You have no way of stopping that shit.. what if you're living with cancer right now? It s spreading through your body and you dont even know? How could you function with these thoughts? Its fucking mind blowing. It makes every day age me months at a time. Fucking nuts. I'm sure i can type pages more but maybe someone can help make me feel better for now.

quickdodgeŽ
12-25-2009, 10:22 AM
You lose sleep over this? Later, QD.

ISAtlanta300
12-25-2009, 12:21 PM
You lose sleep over this? Later, QD.

^^^ THIS !!

LOL...so you'd rather lose sleep on 'what if' rather than take what you have right now and enjoy life to the fullest?

punkr6
12-25-2009, 12:27 PM
you really need to see a professional man. And also talk to your girlfriend . If she doesn't support you, you shouldn't be with her....

TSiFTW
12-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Just chill out man. Live your life. Oh, and sleep fixes lots of shit, so do it!

MidLifeCrisis
12-25-2009, 03:50 PM
Man its crazy. I've always thought of myself as level headed, and i've actually read in places that alot of people suffer from this anxiety only when they're trying to fall asleep, which is same for me. Otherwise i enjoy my life and enjoy my family. I wish i could just be hypnotized or something to stop thinking about it.

Atlblkz06
12-25-2009, 06:32 PM
The ONE TRUTH in this world is that we're ALL gonna die some day. So if its gonna be "Death by meteor" - well it sure as hell beats old age!

http://static.desktopnexus.com/wallpapers/10395-bigthumbnail.jpg
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Life is a freakin adventure - stop being a pussy and live it!

_Christian_
12-26-2009, 10:46 PM
OK, for starters, i put this into religion because i didn't see where else it fit, and if anything i want some good overall opinions from all different views..

This issue is so serious that i lose DAYS of sleep over this subject, the mere thought of it makes my stomache so upset i have to shit/get sick sometimes. I can't discuss it with people in my personal life because 1) i dont want them to get on this same train of thought 2) because osme are christians and i dont want to to start an arguement. I cant even tell my girlfriend because i fear she would leave me if she realized this goes on..

If nothing i praise chrisitians.. blind faith is a crazy thing and people who use it to cope with everyday life and fucked up situations get props from me. I personally just cant lie to myself.. i'm too smooth to smooth-talk me.

SOO, here it is:

Take 1 second and think just how insignificant, not just 1, but all people really are. Humans in general, i mean what if a meteor was coming tommorrow and was gonna take out earth or the sun? Or was gonna destroy the rotation fo the planets? Is gravity strong enough to keep shit in check? We have no way of saving ourselves. That would be it, the end.. And what about being terminally ill? You have no way of stopping that shit.. what if you're living with cancer right now? It s spreading through your body and you dont even know? How could you function with these thoughts? Its fucking mind blowing. It makes every day age me months at a time. Fucking nuts. I'm sure i can type pages more but maybe someone can help make me feel better for now.
There are a couple ways of looking at it. I often ponder things of a similar nature. On a cosmic scale, we are of no significance. The earth could disappear tomorrow and it wouldn't matter one bit to the rest of the universe. But to our families and friends, we couldn't be any more significant. That alone is enough for me to be happy.

I love Carl Sagan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFMrNdj1yY

Kevykev
12-30-2009, 06:09 PM
i've actually read in places that alot of people suffer from this anxiety

While being a form of anxiety, there is truth to what you experience. They are all possibilities in this world and we have zero control over NONE of them.

I personally just pray about my concerns and ask God for guidance. I've always done that because my faith does not lay in this world or man.

lanning
12-30-2009, 06:12 PM
[quote=MidLifeCrisis;38649543] i've actually read in places that alot of people suffer from this anxiety QUOTE]

While being a form of anxiety, there is truth to what you experience. They are all possibilities in this world and we have zero control over NONE of them.

I personally just pray about my concerns and ask God for guidance. I've always done that because my faith does not lay in this world or man.
agreed

JJSPEC Racing
01-03-2010, 08:01 PM

SOO, here it is:

I have faith that I am going to go to heaven when I die. So I know God has control over my destiny. When He says it is my time then I have no choice in the matter but it is going to be okay because I have a place for me. If you think about it, being terminally ill is bad, but at least you would have a chance or two to call everyone you care about and tell them you love them. Dont know if that helps, but that is how I deal with it. I have also thought about these things but am at peace because of my faith.

Kevykev
01-04-2010, 07:10 AM
[quote=Kevykev;38664098]
agreed

Man I screwed that whole thing up by leaving out a bracket and forward slash. haha