PDA

View Full Version : A picture down memory lane...

quickdodgeŽ
12-24-2009, 10:21 PM
I walk around my neighborhood several times a week and I caught site of something I hadn't seen in almost 30 years. A "tree" house. It wasn't actually built in a tree, but on four stands. I remember we built this in about 1978. The floor was a bit over 7' tall so when I was 8 years old, this was tall. Had screened windows and everything.

This thing is still standing. We played in this for several years after construction. It was cool as hail to see it still up. I didn't get a chance to get inside yet but here is the outside of it. It sits right at a creek. Just down the creek is the "tunnel" where the creek goes under the road. It's so big that we could ride out bikes through it with no trouble. The other side dropped into about a 3' deep water. SO then it was nothing to ride off into it.

Good to see somethings haven't changed. Later, QD.

thecrazyone
12-24-2009, 10:26 PM
pretty cool, ive always liked tree houses.

Evil Goat
12-24-2009, 11:44 PM
pretty neat, me and my dad built my son a tree house in our backyard a couple years ago, about 7ft off the ground with a gigantic pine running right up through the middle of it

5speed
12-24-2009, 11:54 PM
Awesome! I was just talking to my friend the other day about building a tree house or elevated house even though we are 21.

allout13
12-25-2009, 10:58 AM
I built a tree house with my friends in my neighborhood when I was 12.
It was the coolest most unsafe tree house ever built, but the mining company that owns the woods knocked everything down a year or two ago ftmfl :(

jrhatcheh2
12-26-2009, 02:22 AM
that looks pretty cool:goodjob: yall did some good work for it to still be standing.

Brian*
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Damn man, that's cool stuff* I bet it brings back a lot of memories