PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Xbox Live Indie Games

metaphysico
12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Anyone interested in making games I have made a company we are making games for Xbox Live Marketplace. We have 1 done and on there and one that is basically done we just have to get it through review it will be up in a week or so. We also have another game that is half done or so that will be out in around a month or two that will be a lot better. The first games were just a test of the game engine we are making and the next one will be more of a full out fun game. If anyone wants to get into programming or music or Gui or anything else in gaming let me know.

Our first game Rebound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xjb5QP_p16Q)

I will get a vid of the second one and the one that is half done up in a little bit.

JITB
12-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Can i make a request, to make a board game type of game, with Avatars.. any game that use avatars are my favorites. good work tho! Do they pay you all or anything?

metaphysico
12-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Yes they pay you, you put a game on the market place for $1 $3 or $5. Microsoft get a 30% cut of what you make. The highest I have seen yet is a game that made $53,000 in the first 40 days. And were moving to action games now but Rebound has a good physics engine for ball collision so I was thinking of using what we have in there and making an avatar Pool game.

JITB
12-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Yes they pay you, you put a game on the market place for $1 $3 or $5. Microsoft get a 30% cut of what you make. The highest I have seen yet is a game that made $53,000 in the first 40 days. And were moving to action games now but Rebound has a good physics engine for ball collision so I was thinking of using what we have in there and making an avatar Pool game.

which game was that?

pool game would be nice aswell.. as long as you can use avatars!!!

metaphysico
12-25-2009, 10:25 PM
I made a game with zombies in it made 53k in 40 days

Jecht
12-27-2009, 09:05 PM
What kind of dev tools do they have and do they charge for them? It would be fun to play around with and see if I could make anything worthwhile.

Edit: NVM, it doesn't look too difficult or annoying. I might try downloading XNA Game Studio and playing with it some, but I'll have to install Windows before I can do that. lol

metaphysico
12-30-2009, 10:35 AM
If you want you can contact me on skype send me a pm for my skype name.