PDA

View Full Version : How Much Is A Reckless Driving And Speeding Ticket

94Teghatch
10-23-2005, 08:35 PM
How Much Is A Reckless Driving And Speeding Ticket

I got a reckless driving ticket and a speeding ticket i was going 80 in a 55
I know im going to loose my liscense but I want to know how much they mite be?
I got the ticket yesterday so wouldnt be able to call until 3 days

If I do one of those Defencive Driving Courses would that help?

THANKS ALOT!!!

HyPer50
10-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Umm.... well when I had my laying drag ticket (the lesser charge of reckless driving) and speeding ticket, I think I remember it being around $400 or so... and that was after my lawyer and done his work...

WINDSOR
10-23-2005, 08:40 PM
both tickets together could me as much as 1,000. Get a lawyer and you can probably get one of them dropped.

94Teghatch
10-23-2005, 08:41 PM
So If I dont get a lawyer how muth do u think it will b and did u have to appear in court?

BTLFED
10-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Alot....and I have plenty of experience with this *cough53ticketscough*

HyPer50
10-23-2005, 08:43 PM
So If I dont get a lawyer how muth do u think it will b and did u have to appear in court?

Mine was $400 after the lawyer, and ya, I had to appear in court... but all i had to do was sit there while the lawyer talked to the solicitor (sp?) and stuff.. Main reason I got the lawyer is cause I really couldn't lose my license... so had to hope that the lawyer was gonna be able to help me out there... this was when I was under 21.

94Teghatch
10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
How Long Will I loose my liscence?

94Teghatch
10-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Ok Good cuz im 20

Complication
10-23-2005, 09:16 PM
yeah, got the same thing you did, 77 in a 45, the ticket was going to be $440 give or take a few...

you will loose your licence for 6 months, if it happens that bad again I think you loose it until your 21.

I however did not loose my licence, I was going to, I should have, was about to, but I knew a county prosecutor who got me an interview with the powers that be, and he ended up vouching for me, they reduced it to 23 over and gave me 24 hours of community service, and a Defenceive driving course and a $230 fine....I got lucky, don't want to do it again,

all I can say man is :
1) wear a Suit! this will definitely help
2) make sure you are clean shaven
3)remove any (visible) body rings or things of that nature
4) bring documentation of anything good you have done lately (Ie: grades, comm. service, ect...)
5) let the court know you’re a good hard working kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time...
6) and if you can afford it, get a lawyer...he'll know what to do.

oh and 7) try to be light on the gas for the next 2 or so years, (or get a good detector like me... :) )

DrivenMind
10-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Why weren't you arrested?

I swear to fucking god anytime I get pulled over the cop wants to take me to jail

HyPer50
10-23-2005, 09:31 PM
Why weren't you arrested?

I swear to fucking god anytime I get pulled over the cop wants to take me to jail

lol... do you give them a attitude or something? All I've ever gotten is a ticket... never even been threatened with going to jail, even when I got pulled over for 106 in a 55 on 285...

Schugg
10-23-2005, 09:41 PM
yeah, got the same thing you did, 77 in a 45, the ticket was going to be $440 give or take a few...

you will loose your licence for 6 months, if it happens that bad again I think you loose it until your 21.

I however did not loose my licence, I was going to, I should have, was about to, but I knew a county prosecutor who got me an interview with the powers that be, and he ended up vouching for me, they reduced it to 23 over and gave me 24 hours of community service, and a Defenceive driving course and a $230 fine....I got lucky, don't want to do it again,

all I can say man is :
1) wear a Suit! this will definitely help
2) make sure you are clean shaven
3)remove any (visible) body rings or things of that nature
4) bring documentation of anything good you have done lately (Ie: grades, comm. service, ect...)
5) let the court know you’re a good hard working kid who was in the wrong place at the wrong time...
6) and if you can afford it, get a lawyer...he'll know what to do.

oh and 7) try to be light on the gas for the next 2 or so years, (or get a good detector like me... :) )

haha would showing them how quickly you finished your community service, DD class, payed for all fees and probations from a previous ticket help?? i remember the NIGHT after my court date for my 24 over reduced to 23 over ticket i was in a defensive driving class and finished it the next day. also, i told my manager im likely to lose my license, and i need it to get to work and while im at work, (tires plus). he said just remind him a few days ahead of time, and he will right a letter to give the judge, would this help alot by anychance? (he said he was going to mention how im a good kid and worker and all the BS)

TranceDJ06
10-24-2005, 04:28 PM
A Fucking cobb county officer pulled me over today and harrassed the shit out of me I only changed lanes 2-3 times on cobb parkway doing the speed limit drivin with the flow, and the cop was fucking tale gating me and i purposly slew down to see what the fuck was up but he still was right up on me then i drive normal again and go under 65, I pretty much kept it at 60-63mph then when i turn he turns on his lights and pulls me over saying I was going 68 on a 55 I was like WTF

BTLFED
10-24-2005, 04:32 PM
A Fucking cobb county officer pulled me over today and harrassed the shit out of me I only changed lanes 2-3 times on cobb parkway doing the speed limit drivin with the flow, and the cop was fucking tale gating me and i purposly slew down to see what the fuck was up but he still was right up on me then i drive normal again and go under 65, I pretty much kept it at 60-63mph then when i turn he turns on his lights and pulls me over saying I was going 68 on a 55 I was like WTF

Kids these days....:rolleyes:

60-63 in a 45 is still speeding, math wiz:slap:

kilpatty43
10-24-2005, 04:33 PM
Alot....and I have plenty of experience with this *cough53ticketscough*
holy shit...53 tickets? damn i thought i had bad luck with the cops

Schugg
10-24-2005, 05:05 PM
haha he was probably mad for you brake checking him, and decided that since u wanted to mess with him, he was going to pick you out of every other person and give u a ticket.

CRVTech
10-24-2005, 05:06 PM

Please oh please tell me you're joking...

fawk_you
10-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Its prolly too much for your noob ass to handle. ;)

BTLFED
10-24-2005, 07:38 PM
holy shit...53 tickets? damn i thought i had bad luck with the cops

Yep, but my license was only suspended for 2 days, and it was because of a mistake on their part. ;)